Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 14:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
LBM, and Gurus, I've changed my rear speakers to a JBL GTO 937.. The music sounds much better now..fast beats are now audible..but in songs like.."Billie Jean - Michael Jackson" where there is a secondary bass guitar..there is complete mayhem..we hear either a continuous boom or..too much noise.. I'm still not sure how to make the port..the local guy [not a professional installer] just tells me he'll do a hole for around 3 to 4" dia ..but am wondering if it will screw things up further..

I understand that the sub is a free air one..but i need to install it in my Gypsy..help please!! ANd thanks..i'm finding this thread very informative..
With reference to the above, LBM, Navin and gurus..I burnt the same song ..or rather converted to 128 KBPS from existing 256 KBPS..and the extra claimed noise has dissappeared. Can you tell me why? Still havent managed to port my SUB..

Cheers
Old 19th July 2007, 16:46   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With reference to the above, LBM, Navin and gurus..I burnt the same song ..or rather converted to 128 KBPS from existing 256 KBPS..and the extra claimed noise has dissappeared. Can you tell me why? Still havent managed to port my SUB..

Cheers
It might be you have changed some setting...which is causing the differnce.

But it might be that the MP3 quality which is reduced..and causing this
Old 20th July 2007, 09:57   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Such noise cannot be attributed to just a change in bit rate. Maybe your earlier 128k rip was not done well.
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Such noise cannot be attributed to just a change in bit rate. Maybe your earlier 128k rip was not done well.
No Navin, I think the Sound quality reduces with 128KBPS..the optimal i'm told is 160 or 192KBPS and 256 is an overkill..

But the surprising fact is that the noise dissappears with reduction in bit quality..That was just an experiment i made and wanted to share the results with you guys.

Ofcourse..The porting of my Sub is not yet done..

AM infact planning to relocate the JBLs under the drivers seat and the SUB elsewhere..[http://galleryvikram.fotopic.net/c1292978.html]

Need sugestions ..i would like to retain the loading area at the back and listen to good music
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Navin, I think the Sound quality reduces with 128KBPS..the optimal i'm told is 160 or 192KBPS and 256 is an overkill..
No Sir 256 is not a overkill....
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
No Sir 256 is not a overkill....
Well LBM, why not..? I heard it IS an overkill only by surfing the web..frankly for me is what matters most is the quality of the music and not the technical jargon!!

Pardon my ignorance..
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:19   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well LBM, why not..? I heard it IS an overkill only by surfing the web..frankly for me is what matters most is the quality of the music and not the technical jargon!!

Pardon my ignorance..
I think you missed this thread...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...s-mp3-etc.html
Old 23rd July 2007, 13:50   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well LBM, why not..? I heard it IS an overkill only by surfing the web....
check out Hydrogenaudio Forums.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks