Old 1st June 2009, 02:22   #91
Team-BHP Support

Related thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-purchase.html

cya
R
Old 1st June 2009, 19:58   #92
BHPian

Hi Rehaan ,

I am sorry I checked the thread , but dint find the answer to the question i was looking for . ... I am not sure If i got homeblind ..

cheeeers
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:23   #93
Senior - BHPian

What's "homeblind", @rejoycjohn?

Try Misrimal. It is difficult to say who is a "genuine" dealer out there, just that some of them are more knowledgeable and less 'blade' than the others.
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:35   #94
BANNED

Given the price differentials most of us buy our ICE on the grey market. I think the reputation of the dealer is the most important. A good dealer will source his stuff from reliable sources, and you should be Ok.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:44   #95
BHPian

homeblind is a usage which means u failed to notice something either because you were careless / you are very much used to doing that ( a routine job ) ...

well I was looking for a contact in National Market or a dealer who sells this grey HU...and with whom our T Bhp guys have interacted with.........

As someone rightly said , its ur's and ur friend's experiences which helps you in taking decisions in life .... :-)

In between can Anyone help me out in this ... I am bugging tooo much here eeh ???

cheeeeers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd June 2009 at 15:06. Reason: see note in post
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
... I think the reputation of the dealer is the most important. A good dealer will source his stuff from reliable sources, and you should be Ok.
Sir, please do not assume that! Grey dealers stock a large quantity if they know it sells. Otherwise they will keep a couple of pieces if they are 'test marketing'. The reputation of a 'good dealer' is only about how he deals with people - whether he gives you the time of the day or not. should you meet him the next time with a problem.

Otherwise, these dealers know the sources only from logistics convenience p-o-v, not genuineness of the source. A few dealers do take time to know *what* they are selling, generally the others don't care to know features or any other quality. For most it is "ghoda ghass se pyaar karega to khayega kya?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
... I was looking for a contact in National Market or a dealer who sells this grey HU and with whom our T Bhp guys have interacted with ...
As I mentioned earlier, try Misrimal, right at the end. Was recommended to me by another member.

Otherwise, most installers have their known channels there, so for just a little more you don't have to go through the hassle of going there.
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:55   #97
BHPian

Gurus what is the price of pioneer TS-S201 tweeters, are they available in bangalore? Are they available in the grey market?
How good is a SONY tweeter,sony is priced at 1900,please help.
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:39   #98
BHPian

If you will look at my thread below,you will realize how important is warranty.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gurus/59607-intermittent-issue-sony-car-stereo.html

I know you save couple of bugs through gray market,But if ill luck fall upon you end up coughing out big money.Thank God mine was in warranty.Moreover i got my HU from my friend (Sony Distributor).So it turned out to be cheaper than gray market although.
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:04   #99
BHPian

@deralte ..
thanks bro .. i shall get in touch with him :-)

@Keralshobhit .. probably not every1 is as lucky as u are to get HU so cheap ..

cheeeers
Old 3rd June 2009, 16:54   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipfoose View Post
... pioneer TS-S201 tweeters, are they available in bangalore? Are they available in the grey market?
How good is a SONY tweeter,sony is priced at 1900 ...
What are you trying to do, if one may ask? Is it for adding to existing speakers or replacing something that has gone phut?

There are many ways of getting good sound at a rock-bottom cost, but this is definitely not one of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks