Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2015, 09:59   #31
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta View Post
No Navigation had to be sacrificed. For me it was not a tough decision. I hate MapmyIndia. Doesn't work for me. For me its Google Maps. So anyhow even with the kenwood, I would fix my smartphone to the dash mount stand and use that. With bluetooth it easily integrates to either of the HUs and getting voice directions on the car speakers is also not an issue.
Wouldn't it be a better option to use a MHL cable and mirror your phone on the headunit? The 8690 supports Mirrorlink through the MHL cable.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:12   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Wouldn't it be a better option to use a MHL cable and mirror your phone on the headunit? The 8690 supports Mirrorlink through the MHL cable.
Oh...had no idea. Many thanks SumitB. Lemme check with the installers. If this happens, it would be a great feature for me.
Old 29th March 2015, 20:50   #33
BHPian

Installed appradio. It has two connectivity options. Bluetooth as well as cable. Atleast the bluetooth is not working. While blue tooth connectivity with the HU is there and i am able to play music, but the appradio does not connect that way. FYI I was using HTC E8.

As far as the MHL connectivity does, I checked with Driven. They said the cable is worth 7k-8k bucks. Is that? Too much i would say.
Old 5th January 2016, 13:40   #34
BHPian

Upgrade over upgrade

So in my Pajero Sport, I had done an ICE upgrade around an year back. Currently it plays:

1. Pioneer 8650 BT HU
2. Rainbow iPaul 4.300 4 Channel Amp
3. Digital Design Monoblock Amp
4. Rainbow Soundline series 2 way Comps both in the front and the rear
5. Rainbow Soundline Sub - 1 No.

While the system is great and appreciated by one and all, including me, somehow I always felt it wanting a bit more thump.

I am thinking of adding one more similar sub to the arrangement and a better box may be. What do u say? Will it help. Any other suggestion?

Also, it was suggested that throwing in a separate processor will enhance the sound options. What do you suggest.

I am not sure of either, but would be very pleased to go for it if the sound quality further enhances. Solicit your expert inputs please. I am a complete novice in this department.

Also, the overall sound is a bit too bright for my taste. Is thaere a way to counter balance that too?
Old 5th January 2016, 17:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upgrade over upgrade

Your equipment is quite good. Perhaps your system needs to be tuned well, including positioning the sub. Adding another sub may not improve the situation.

Time Alignment would help a bit, either via HU (if it has) or via processor.
DerAlte is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 15:19   #36

Re: ICE upgrade : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

My Pajero Sports ICE Setup

Head unit : Kenwood BT 9930
Front Speakers : 2 Way Components - German Maestro - Status Series
Rear Speakers - 2 Way Components - Morel Virtu
Amp : JL Audio XD600 - Powering Front & Rear speakers
Subwoofer - 10 inch Morel Ultimo
Mono Block - Pioneer D9601 .
Dynamat Damping done for all the 4 doors .

Plans for Upgrade

Front Speakers - 3 Way Component Speakers - Morel Elate ( Passive )
Amp : Zapco 6 Channel : 150 Watts * 4 Channels - @ 4 Ohms
Rest all the same .
I may move the German Maestro 2 Way Comps at the rear & do away with Morel Virtu .

Pl let me know if I should make any changes for Upgrades ....
I need all the help & Supports from the GURUS
Old 21st January 2016, 19:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkazi View Post

Head unit : Kenwood BT 9930
Front Speakers : 2 Way Components - German Maestro - Status Series
Rear Speakers - 2 Way Components - Morel Virtu
Amp : JL Audio XD600 - Powering Front & Rear speakers
Subwoofer - 10 inch Morel Ultimo
Mono Block - Pioneer D9601 .
Dynamat Damping done for all the 4 doors .

Plans for Upgrade

Front Speakers - 3 Way Component Speakers - Morel Elate ( Passive )
Amp : Zapco 6 Channel : 150 Watts * 4 Channels - @ 4 Ohms
Rest all the same .
I may move the German Maestro 2 Way Comps at the rear & do away with Morel Virtu .

Pl let me know if I should make any changes for Upgrades ....
I need all the help & Supports from the GURUS
You can consider adding a dsp as there are lot of positive reviews about their effect on overall music quality. They do add a lot of tuning options and seem to improve overall signal quality. Although I don't have one in my car but I do plan to add soon albeit in form of minidsp.
soumen.blore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plans for Upgrade ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
You can consider adding a dsp ...
+1.

I would suggest that you add a DSP first, and more than anything else try out Time Alignment first. TA should give you a substantial improvement in the sound image, and possibly a better hearing experience with the existing set of components.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:58   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
+1.

I would suggest that you add a DSP first, and more than anything else try out Time Alignment first. TA should give you a substantial improvement in the sound image, and possibly a better hearing experience with the existing set of components.
I do have TA in the head unit itself but I am not very sure who could help me in the getting TA Done
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do have TA in the head unit itself but I am not very sure who could help me in the getting TA Done
Since yours is a Kenwood, it should be easy to do it yourself. There are 2 methods for TA in Kenwood HUs - selecting the Car Type, or specifying the distance from the speakers to your ears (left and right, front, rear and sub separately).

Use the Distance method. Measure using a tape and and enter the values. The procedure is given in the User Manual.
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 00:28   #41
BHPian

So sometimes back I was getting a bit dissatisfied with the audio experience in the car. I was wondering whether i need a new sub, whether the rainbow SL comps were bright etc etc. Then did some play with the time alignment settings...and Voila! There was a sudden remarkable change in the sound and to my complete satisfaction.

The system has been performing very well. Except that recently it has started giving some problem. There is a whistling sound that suddenly starts coming once in a while. Sometimes it will go after 5 mins...and other time it stays. Often it will go away for many days. Then its funny that its somehow connected to the engine rpms. The higher the rpm, the louder is the whistle.

Spoke to driven. Subhan said this in all probability is due a faulty/loose RCA cable. Going tomorrow to get it checked. Will update...
Aroongupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 20:45   #42
BHPian

Hi all...so last time (2015) I put this config in my Pajero Sport -

1. Pioneer 8690 BT HU

Thanks to all the Gurus on this forum who helped create this config. With damping etc. costed me 1.5 lakhs.

This time its a new Pajero Sport again. I need to ICE it. Budget remains same. Its almost 3 years since and I am sure some new and better stuff would have hit the market. Request you to recommend a system please.

What I need - Great sound quality with awesome clarity.

The system last time missed connectivity with android. So google maps won't run on the screen directly. Need that enhancement now. While it was a great setup, the music was very bright. i like it on the brighter side, but it was a bit way too much. I am looking for an arrangement that is punchy...bright...yet not too bright.

Please throw in your advices.
Aroongupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 15:43   #43
BHPian

There are many options available now, I would suggest to go through some of the threads first and arrive at your own understanding of what you want from the available brands. If you end up walking into a store you would surely end up with pretty much similar setup as last time around.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 23:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Got some mods done to the iCE arrangement today.

Got the Kenwood HU replaced with the Pioneer8690BT
Got the 2 Rockford Fosgate Subs replaced with a single Rainbow Soundline 12"
I am trying to upgrade the HU from OEM kenwood. Unable to find Pioneer 8690 BT, guess its phased out by the manufacturer. Would you have any idea as to what would be the current equivalent of 8690BT? Also, how was it fitted in place of the old kenwood? Any modifications in hinges?
Old 16th June 2019, 23:06   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all...so last time (2015) I put this config in my Pajero Sport -

1. Pioneer 8690 BT HU

Thanks to all the Gurus on this forum who helped create this config. With damping etc. costed me 1.5 lakhs.

This time its a new Pajero Sport again. I need to ICE it. Budget remains same. Its almost 3 years since and I am sure some new and better stuff would have hit the market. Request you to recommend a system please.

What I need - Great sound quality with awesome clarity.

The system last time missed connectivity with android. So google maps won't run on the screen directly. Need that enhancement now. While it was a great setup, the music was very bright. i like it on the brighter side, but it was a bit way too much. I am looking for an arrangement that is punchy...bright...yet not too bright.

Please throw in your advices.
Any update after this? Did you upgrade to another HU? This post of yours is exactly what my last post was searching for

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks