Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 19:15   #46
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

Has anyone done an ICE upgrade on their pajero sport recently ?

Curious around the options available today , since I do not want to change the car, thought ill change the ICE
Old 16th September 2020, 12:01   #47
BHPian

Sorry, I am checking in after a long time. Well yeah, this time again went to Driven in Greater Kailash. They recommended a sony - XAV 5000. And this time they installed Blam mostly. Spent north of 1.5 Lakhs and what I got is absolutely shit. A 3000 Rs system would sound better probably. Totally disappointed. I am an enthusiast of good sound but not an expert. Trusted Driven with their recommendations and absolutely appalled and what they put in. Sony HU is total shit. Sounds bad. rest of the system too hopeless. Wont recommend either the stuff i put in nor Driven as a place to get it done. Gone are the good old days. The previous system also started giving troubles after 2 years which never could get resolved even after 10 visits to them.
Aroongupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 12:20   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta View Post
They recommended a sony - XAV 5000. And this time they installed Blam mostly. Spent north of 1.5 Lakhs and what I got is absolutely shit. A 3000 Rs system would sound better probably. Totally disappointed. I am an enthusiast of good sound but not an expert. Trusted Driven with their recommendations and absolutely appalled and what they put in. Sony HU is total shit. Sounds bad. rest of the system too hopeless. Wont recommend either the stuff i put in nor Driven as a place to get it done. Gone are the good old days. The previous system also started giving troubles after 2 years which never could get resolved even after 10 visits to them.
While I'm sorry to see your money apparently getting wasted due to poor results, I'm a bit glad to have company in this aspect. At multiple places on the forum I have been saying that the cheap Android systems are doing far better than the hyped Sony XAV5000 & now here I have company in that experience. I used the XAV5000 too & felt I was cheated by the brand. I was so disappointed by the overall experience that I gave the system away pretty much for free to my sales advisor when I changed the car. The cost vs performance equation isn't too good. Its the high asking price that especially makes the experience bad. I'd not mind this experience if the system costed around 10-12K odd.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th September 2020 at 12:22.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 12:32   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta View Post
They recommended a sony - XAV 5000. And this time they installed Blam mostly. Spent north of 1.5 Lakhs and what I got is absolutely shit. A 3000 Rs system would sound better probably. Totally disappointed.
Try and see if you can swap it for a Kenwood DDX-8020s/DDX-9018SM? It has more features w.r.t "audio tuning and setup". Also should be miles ahead than what the Sony can offer.

Do you have any DSP in the audio chain currently?

What are the other pieces of equipment in the car currently? If you don't mind, can you list it down?
Old 11th October 2022, 20:09   #50
BHPian

Hi all, I am in the market to upgrade my Pajero Sport's HU. Would like to get something which has Android and Apple car play, among other things. Someone recommend CIRCUITi, not sure if that is the best. Please share any insights folks might have. Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2022, 13:08   #51
BHPian

The pandemic delayed my plans so still on for an Ice upgrade. What i have been told
For features got for Android. for Sound Quality a HU is still far better.

Is that still true ?

Most good HUs have both android auto and apple car play. was looking at the pioneer models. i thought the default speakers on the pajero sport are pretty good although the doors could do with some dampening.
Old 29th October 2022, 18:03   #52
BHPian

As an update went ahead and replaced the HU to a DMH-Z6350BT since i wanted wireless Android and Apple connectivity and dual camera.

Got it done at top Gear Koramangala and Anwar did a good job. the alst 30 mins was messing around with the crossover and setup but generally very good sound .

Added a compact sub ( Rockford Fosgate Punch) also while at it...will change the speakers and car damping later when there is more time.

Did not go for an android HU due to suspect reliability after a couple of years and am not sure of the DAC chip on it for a good SQ even with DSP as my personal preference is SQ > convenience.
Old 17th January 2023, 11:54   #53

Pls do share the images of the upgrade.
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:11   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazenben View Post
Pls do share the images of the upgrade.
Apologies missed this. will post after I click .

Last week went and got a double 2.2mm damping on all 5 doors. NVH is really reduced, for music bass is more solid and mids also improved !

All at Top gear Koramangala.

Last edited by sh@rpshooter : 2nd September 2023 at 11:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks