Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2006, 11:15   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929RON
As a Retailer if you are passionate about your products that is great, one has to believe in what he sells to succeed.
929RON, In all fairness I understand all in the audio industry are passionate about what they do (and the brands they represent/sell) and have said that more than a few times before.

However just like on CNBC when a stock analyst is asked about a certain company he/she is expected to state if he/she owns the stock they are recommended, have owned it in the recent past, or are intending to purchase the same. Similarly I would much appreciate it if those who are part of the industry (dealers, distributors, representatives, etc.) do the same. It does not mean one is less passionate it only means that we (all of us) are being transparent and that leads to fewer misunderstandings.

Sam for example displays his logo in public and one of his first post on this forum read as follows "I'm in the car audio business, because i LOVE it. I'd be happy to offer any advice you may seek on your car audio system (new purchase, tweaks, tunes and general pish-pash)
"
I like that. It makes things easier for me.
Old 29th August 2006, 11:31   #17
BHPian

To some extent , " all in the audio industry being passionate "is not correct for our country, Especially in bangalore I have seen there are too many car accessory shops, and just about 30 % of them are actual enthusiasts, most are just more passionate about what makes them more money and not what is a better product or better sales channel etc etc.

So yeah what you said works for people like me or anyone on this forum, but not for all.

For Ex : (don't want to name them) the Authorised Distributors for Kicker and MTX were selling DLS till 2 months ago in Bangalore, they were talking all great stuff about DLS till they lost the distributorship, now it's gone to another player's hands who is also a leader in the market who the Company Cheif of DLS thinks can do more justice to the brand,
Now, what they do is go around telling dealers that DLS has relaibility issues, Tyical Trader tactics, I agree that Brands have to compete, but this is unhealthy compettition and being hypocritical. So people who know our stuff, begin to lose confidence in his word and so on.......
Some are just mere traders and they dont care what they sell as long as it fills their pocket they will sell brass calling it 24KT gold,

But , yeah, they dont make it on top, the best retailers are the people who are passionate, Like Anwar, Deepak and some few others in Bangalore, other cities I don't know much.
Old 29th August 2006, 12:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
a. It is MY opinion and I clearly remember mentioning that in my subsequent post. There may or may not be ANY reasoning behind it.
There sure isn't any reasoning in it, because surely you wouldn't have heard all 37 subs (and these are only the raw subs, there are enclosed ones too) that Audiobahn makes. And the person who raised this query, just said he's considering an Audiobahn sub, not even a particular model. How could you be sure which of those 37+ he is referring to, and that it would indeed be sore for rock music? It was a guess with no reasoning, like you said. But you still are entitled to it. I agree.

I have heard a few Hertz products in my lifetime, and I am equally entitled to my opinion too. Whether or not that is reasonable, I suppose.

Quote:
b. For the money Prakash is willing to spend, I think he has better options. I say this having personally used and installed Audiobahn.
As baseless (call it without reason, if you may) as the above statement. Is it necessary that it's the same Audiobahn product you used and installed (and assuming you installed it right)? But it's your opinion, without any reasoning, and completely acceptable.

Quote:
c. I asked him to audition Audiobahn as well, and if he likes em, more power to him.
That was after he asked you why you were against him considering Audiobahn in the first place, and this was the rather 'reasoning-free' response to that.

Quote:
d. Lastly, I dont respect Audiobahn as a company. I dont like their products. And whenever I am asked my opinion I will give exactly that; my opinion.
Doesn't matter much whether you respect it or not. As long as you have an unreasonable reason for it! Does it?

Quote:
Dont take it personally.
Never my friend, it's all good.
Old 29th August 2006, 15:04   #19
BANNED

B&T ! ! !
You da boss! Nobody understands better!
Old 29th August 2006, 16:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Never my friend, it's all good.
Very good partner Dil par maat lenna yaroo......
Old 29th August 2006, 18:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

here is a small review on a audiobhan subs enclousre in the September issue of Car Audio and Electronics I think the subs are not that bad as discussed here.......
Old 29th August 2006, 18:23   #22

Dear All,

I am happy that i have sparked off a healthy discussion, guys I am really great full for all the participation.

Somebody suggested 4 ch amp for front/rear speakers and another 2ch for the Sub, unfortunately that will have to wait for a slightly longer time.

(a) As of now I plan for one 4 ch amp powering the front compo and the Sub only, the rear speakers as suggested can be a 6.5 coax. How do i power the rear speakers? can i do it parallel to front compo?

(b) I have decided to go for pioneer amps, can someone suggest the model?

(c) Can someone suggest a HU with USB input? I am not intrested too much in meaningless features.

(d) What I expect from my components and Sub is a tight bass. That is the reason I said Alpine compos. Navin had in some thread said that he uses them and it gives precise tight bass, I expect only reasonable boom and more defined bass, (sorry for all the non techie language) Keeping this in mind what all products should i Demo?

And guys I am a poor Air Force Pilot so it will be usefull if u give VFM options.

And Lastly not the least, I will be in Bangalore in Feb for the Air Show so all Team BHPians who wish to see the Aero Expo can contact me, I will anyway post an Invitation somewhere in Jan
Old 29th August 2006, 18:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashchopper
(c) Can someone suggest a HU with USB input? I am not intrested too much in meaningless features.
If you can wait a couple of weeks then Blaupunkt India will be launching two new models St Louis and Memphasis. Actually I think its already launched, but it will be available with the dealers in 2 weeks time. They both have USB inputs. I was too impatient to wait so long.

Last edited by jinu_joseph : 29th August 2006 at 18:54.
Old 29th August 2006, 18:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a) As of now I plan for one 4 ch amp powering the front compo and the Sub only, the rear speakers as suggested can be a 6.5 coax. How do i power the rear speakers? can i do it parallel to front compo?
It's not a great idea to power diffrerent full-range speakers off the same channel of the amp. You won't be able to tame one or the other if required without going into mods like using resistors etc. I'm sure you'll be fine with the rear speakers running off the rear outputs of the head unit itself.

Quote:
(b) I have decided to go for pioneer amps, can someone suggest the model?
The Pioneer 6100/ 6200 is great value for money.

Quote:
There is a thread for Head Units with USB input where all pros and cons have been discussed at length. A search should be fruitful.

Quote:
(d) What I expect from my components and Sub is a tight bass. That is the reason I said Alpine compos. Navin had in some thread said that he uses them and it gives precise tight bass, I expect only reasonable boom and more defined bass, (sorry for all the non techie language) Keeping this in mind what all products should i Demo?
There will be a lot of factors influencing the bass response, and the best way to start off is by getting a good subwoofer itself. Listen to the widest variety that you can under similar conditions. Maybe if you explain that you are an Air Force pilot, you could get retailers to co-operate with you more easily on this front. Or you can tell them that you can spot their shop in your radar.

Quote:
And guys I am a poor Air Force Pilot so it will be usefull if u give VFM options.
I'm sure we're all proud of you, and will do our best to help you in your endeavor. (By the way, tell me, what audio gear you got going in your chopper? )

Quote:
And Lastly not the least, I will be in Bangalore in Feb for the Air Show so all Team BHPians who wish to see the Aero Expo can contact me, I will anyway post an Invitation somewhere in Jan
Boo hoo. When is Bombay?
Old 29th August 2006, 20:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

(a) As of now I plan for one 4 ch amp powering the front compo and the Sub only, the rear speakers as suggested can be a 6.5 coax. How do i power the rear speakers? can i do it parallel to front compo?
When connecting in parallel, make sure that you have the effective resistance matching with the amps minimum stable impedence.... eg... if you are buying say JBL 2006 compo, they have effective resistance of 3 ohms and if you are buying a coax with 4 ohms, when connected in parallel it would give effective resistance of 1.7 ohms.... This might create problems in high volumes as most of the amps are stable at only 2 ohms....

you can calculate the effective resistance by the formula:
parallel : 1 / ( ( 1 / R1 ) + ( 1 / R2 ) ..... + ( 1 / Rn ) )
series : R1 + R2 + ..... Rn
where R1, R2,... Rn are resistance of independant speakers....

Also when you are connecting them in parallel, you would loose the fader capability....

regards,
ant.
Old 29th August 2006, 23:50   #26

Quote:
When connecting in parallel, make sure that you have the effective resistance matching with the amps minimum stable impedence.... eg... if you are buying say JBL 2006 compo, they have effective resistance of 3 ohms and if you are buying a coax with 4 ohms, when connected in parallel it would give effective resistance of 1.7 ohms.... This might create problems in high volumes as most of the amps are stable at only 2 ohms....

you can calculate the effective resistance by the formula:
parallel : 1 / ( ( 1 / R1 ) + ( 1 / R2 ) ..... + ( 1 / Rn ) )
series : R1 + R2 + ..... Rn
where R1, R2,... Rn are resistance of independant speakers....

Also when you are connecting them in parallel, you would loose the fader capability....

Thanks for the calculation, I think I will keep it simple as suggested by B&T and keep the rear coax running off the HU.

Quote:

I will go in for a Demo of this model, can somebody qote me the price of this Amps in Delhi grey?

Quote:
There will be a lot of factors influencing the bass response, and the best way to start off is by getting a good subwoofer itself. Listen to the widest variety that you can under similar conditions. Maybe if you explain that you are an Air Force pilot, you could get retailers to co-operate with you more easily on this front. Or you can tell them that you can spot their shop in your radar.

Thats a good one But unfortunately had quite a bad experience in Delhi last time round, so this time i will knock on shop doors through BHPians only.

Quote:
I'm sure we're all proud of you, and will do our best to help you in your endeavor. (By the way, tell me, what audio gear you got going in your chopper? )

He, great to hear that, I fly the attack helicopter so the best audio i have is the rockets firing . Any way can u please advice on the products I should review keeping VFM in mind?(Amp,HU,Sub,Compo,Coax) I plan to install them on the Marina.

Quote:
Boo hoo. When is Bombay?

Sorry guys Aero India is only held in Bangalore and that too once in two years.
Old 30th August 2006, 00:14   #27

I've read in this forum that in an external Amp, two channels can be bridged to produce double the output. Is it possible to bridge two channels from the HU to power a pair of speakers with double the power? ....thanks for your inputs.
Old 30th August 2006, 01:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitra
I've read in this forum that in an external Amp, two channels can be bridged to produce double the output. Is it possible to bridge two channels from the HU to power a pair of speakers with double the power? ....thanks for your inputs.
NOPE!! Bridging in an amp is to power subs, bridging a left and a right channel gives you one mono channel which can only run a sub, BooM BooM
Old 30th August 2006, 09:29   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Boo hoo. When is Bombay?
Prakash, my son is huge aero nut. Last night we were discussing the difference between rotors and propellers and how the Osprey (VTOL) uses rotor/props - we use tinker toys to discuss the technicals. He is 4 and already has made up his mind to become a chopper/airplane engineer. He'd love an air show in Mumbai.

Now that we got the OT stuff out of the way I will add...

if you later intend to add a second amp look at something like the Pio D510. THen use the 6200/7200 to power the 4 speakers and the D510 to power the subs.
Old 30th August 2006, 09:31   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929RON
NOPE!! Bridging in an amp is to power subs, bridging a left and a right channel gives you one mono channel which can only run a sub, BooM BooM
Not nesscarily I use a 4 channel amp to power the 2 front speakers in my wife's car. I bridge the 4 channels to make it works like a 2 channel amp.

Given my preference for a front soundstage and the nomila difference between a 4 ch. amp and a 2 ch. amp I prefer using 2 4 ch. amps using one for the sub and rear and the second for the fronts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks