Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2018, 00:56   #16
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : VW Jetta

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=432399

Dear Epic, This might help. I am trying to upgrade ICE on budget in 2015 Jetta having RCD 510. Want to keep OE HU. Probably will replace RCD 510 with MIB 2 HU from VW to have mirrorlink and android auto. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Old 20th October 2018, 01:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a 2015 VW Jetta Highline DSG which has come with stock with a RCD 510 headunit and a pair of components in the front and rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Dear Epic, This might help. I am trying to upgrade ICE on budget in 2015 Jetta having RCD 510. Want to keep OE HU. Probably will replace RCD 510 with MIB 2 HU from VW to have mirrorlink and android auto. Any suggestions would be welcome.
After a long deliberation, finally decided to upgrade RCD510 on my Yeti to RCD330g Plus (one with noname, green LED/menus with Carplay, Android Auto) + a sony CCD RVC. There ain't much options out there in OEM that integrates with Carplay, AA even if you have a limitless budget. The only drawback is I would lose radio/address book entries in maxi-dot (which is anyway, redundant and I don't use it practically). For a mere budget of 15K or less in total (headunit + RVC), it's a obvious upgrade path.
Old 20th October 2018, 10:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
After a long deliberation, finally decided to upgrade RCD510 on my Yeti to RCD330g Plus (one with noname, green LED/menus with Carplay, Android Auto) + a sony CCD RVC. There ain't much options out there in OEM that integrates with Carplay, AA even if you have a limitless budget. The only drawback is I would lose radio/address book entries in maxi-dot (which is anyway, redundant and I don't use it practically). For a mere budget of 15K or less in total (headunit + RVC), it's a obvious upgrade path.
Also see this thread. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ighlight=sound

Improving sound insulation in doors improves SQ greatly.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st October 2018 at 19:09. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 21st October 2018, 19:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is your Climate Control Temperature & OPS showing on the screen of the RCD 330G+ post install? I have been told that these OEM features are lost?

Please confirm.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is your Climate Control Temperature & OPS showing on the screen of the RCD 330G+ post install? I have been told that these OEM features are lost?

Please confirm.
From what I read, climatronics info is not shown, but the OPS info comes up. This will depend on your gateway version. As mine is the elegance model, my car has it. I have yet to install the headunit. Hopefully, by this month end , I should be doing it.
Old 2nd November 2018, 12:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please confirm.
Got delivery of RCD330 today with noname, green menu and Skoda specific customization (or rather RCD340g as per label). Installation merely took 5 mins and is just about swapping the old RCD510. And yes, I can confirm, OPS works for me on RCD 330g. The only thing that don't show is the climatronics and I can live with.

ICE upgrade : VW Jetta-11.jpg

ICE upgrade : VW Jetta-21.jpg

ICE upgrade : VW Jetta-31.jpg

ICE upgrade : VW Jetta-41.jpg

ICE upgrade : VW Jetta-61.jpg
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 16:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of RCD330 today with noname, green menu and Skoda specific customization (or rather RCD340g as per label). Installation merely took 5 mins and is just about swapping the old RCD510. And yes, I can confirm, OPS works for me on RCD 330g. The only thing that don't show is the climatronics and I can live with.
This is fantastic!! I also plan to install a reverse camera which I believe this system supports but required coding. Could you help with the link from where you purchased this? My car being a VW Jetta requires the red back lighting. Any coding required?
Old 3rd November 2018, 22:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is fantastic!! I also plan to install a reverse camera which I believe this system supports but required coding. Could you help with the link from where you purchased this? My car being a VW Jetta requires the red back lighting. Any coding required?
Most RCD330s on aliexpress have VCDS coding done on the HU itself, so no further coding at your end is required. Nor it requires security access code. At least for the noname (firmware up-gradable linux variants). You are in for luck as the red back-lit is the cheaper option. Even cheaper if you go for the desay (Win CE based) one that supports only Carplay but no support for firmware upgrade). The green option is dearer by 30-40 USD. Go for it, it will totally transform the car.

I got it from Lemon Shark (Mr. Ting Wang) who is very responsive and generous. There are many other sellers, so search around and you should get a good deal. The sellers also sell camera kit (AV one). However, the camera kit sold by RCD 330 sellers are expensive and picture quality is questionable for the camera. I bought a much better quality sony CCD rear camera at cheaper price from this seller (store: wskyfook)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-...37ba4c4dTmt8vM

ICE upgrade : VW Jetta-img_3366_1.jpg
Old 5th November 2018, 14:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got it from Lemon Shark (Mr. Ting Wang) who is very responsive and generous.
I was checking reviews of Lemon Shark and someone had mentioned that even the sound improved with this system. Did you experience the same?
Old 5th November 2018, 20:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was checking reviews of Lemon Shark and someone had mentioned that even the sound improved with this system. Did you experience the same?
I think the sound quality on RCD330g+ is fantastic, everything is very snappy. And bonus, you get a whole range of volume almost twice that is available in RCD510 unit.
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 12:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the sound quality on RCD330g+ is fantastic, everything is very snappy. And bonus, you get a whole range of volume almost twice that is available in RCD510 unit.
That's awesome. I was chatting with Lemon Shark yesterday and he claims that even temperature will show on my HU's display as my car is the latest model. I am not sure if this is true or he is just trying to persuade me to purchase the HU. I am still in two minds whether to go for it or purchase an aftermarket HU.
Old 6th November 2018, 13:57   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's awesome. I was chatting with Lemon Shark yesterday and he claims that even temperature will show on my HU's display as my car is the latest model.
Please ask him to share a snap of the system indicating the climatronic display. I am yet to come across the RCD 330/340G HU indicating this display on a car with a dedicated gateway module (e.g. Jetta/Yeti/Laura etc).
Old 6th November 2018, 15:36   #28
BHPian

The Composition Media HU which was fitted in Jetta from 2016 onwards, is that available anywhere??
MADMAX111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 18:41   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
The Composition Media HU which was fitted in Jetta from 2016 onwards, is that available anywhere??
Hi Madmax,
Did you then change the HU of your jetta? If yes, how did it go and which model did you fit?
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a much better quality sony CCD rear camera at cheaper price from this seller (store: wskyfook)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-...37ba4c4dTmt8vM

Attachment 1814879
@itnerd I'm looking to get the Sony CCD sensor camera for my 2016 Jetta with RCD510. I see two options from the Aliexpress link, a 8011 wire CCD SONY or 8012 wire ccd sony camera. Which one should I pick? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks