Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 19:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo DIY: Delphi RCD 510 headunit + 9W7 Bluetooth unit installation

So we did a full VAG COM scan of the car and it turns out that the rear right parking sensor isn't working. As per my workshop person, when one sensor malfunctions the entire set behaves erratically, including left/right getting reversed. So will probably have to buy one sensor and get it fitted. Trust that should solve the problem.

Regarding the 9w7, we did the BT coding again using VAG COM. Without coding, the climatronic unit wasn't switching on. Was also showing some BCM error. Coding in the telephone using VAG COM sorted this out. Works perfectly now, including BT audio streaming. Great addition to the car!
Old 12th August 2018, 12:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Installed the Delphi based RCD 510 in my car yesterday.
Hey Gannu,

I have been looking at upgrading my HU as well. I have a late 2011 Vento HL TDi, with an RCD 310, with the UCB slot in glove-box. As I understand that would be a standard plug and play upgrade. Was wondering if the steering-mounted phone button can be activated to control bluetooth as well? Also can't see an inbuilt mic on the unit. For a novice like me, can't seem to make head and tail of the disconnected information available on the net. Do help.
Old 7th November 2018, 01:52   #63

Hi Gannu,

I have a RCD 310 in my car (vento july'12), looking for addition of blue tooth functionality only. Can i replace with RCD 320 system? Is it plug and play or it needs some mods?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 7th November 2018 at 05:47. Reason: Please avoid dotted posting style. Post edited on this instance, howver please go through the posting guidelines for info.
Old 24th December 2018, 14:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Another question is adding usb port/ aux or mdi interface inside glove box. While I was inspecting my new polo I opened the glove box and found two empty slots where ports can be installed similar to the picture attached.

Need your help so that I can have a port inside the glove box. Thus not needing to take the armrest route. I hope the port mentioned in the first picture could fit the left slot of the highlighted ports in second picture.

Attachment 1395209
Hi Gannu,
Apologies for picking up an old post.

Could you please let me know if there's any component/part available for mounting this USB/Aux input anywhere else other than glove box? I am looking at mounting these inputs somewhere below ACC, but could not find a suitable enclosure for this part.
Old 27th December 2018, 12:31   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Hi Gannu,
Apologies for picking up an old post.

Could you please let me know if there's any component/part available for mounting this USB/Aux input anywhere else other than glove box? I am looking at mounting these inputs somewhere below ACC, but could not find a suitable enclosure for this part.
How about the space in front of the cupholders here?

Image link

I had the USB port here before I switched to the RCD 340 unit and got rid of it. To cover the hole, I used a voltmeter there.

Image link
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 14:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
How about the space in front of the cupholders here?

Image link

Thanks Ganesh.

I was hoping to find an enclosure that'll suit the clips highlighted in red below and then slot that enclosure in the space you pointed out. Else these clips may tend to vibrate over time.

VW Polo DIY: Delphi RCD 510 headunit + 9W7 Bluetooth unit installation-usbaux.jpg
Old 27th December 2018, 14:41   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Thanks Ganesh.

I was hoping to find an enclosure that'll suit the clips highlighted in red below and then slot that enclosure in the space you pointed out. Else these clips may tend to vibrate over time.

Attachment 1831255
It's a push fit USB socket with metal clips to hold it in place. You don't need any specific enclosure. Just get the sizing of the hole right by cutting one on a small piece of plastic sheet first. Start from a smaller one and use the Dremel or a sharp hobby knife to chip off the extra material. Insert the socket and check if it fits snuggly. If it is loose, try it again starting from a smaller hole.

Measure the dimensions of the final hole and transfer it to the place you'd want the USB socket to be placed. That's how I did it on my ride.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th December 2018 at 14:43.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 11:43   #68
BHPian

Sorry for stirring up an old thread but I need genuine advice. I have a 2012 VW Jetta Highline and I want to retrofit the 9w7 Bluetooth module to it so that I get the MFD functionality and the audio streaming as well. My car is in Pune right now. How should I proceed and what all will I need to get it done?
Really Overwhelmed with the technical data.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks