Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 16:18   #16

Re: DIY: Enable video playback on Renault's ICE (Kwid / Lodgy / Duster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
After a while, the upgrade screen will appear and ask you whether you want to upgrade to 4.0.3 [It says upgrade instead of downgrade, wonder why]. Anyway, accept the prompts and after the downgrade has finished, check your firmware version, you should be on 4.0.3 now.
Thank you wadewilson for the updates and screenshots. My Kwid's first servicing is done and now I'm contemplating the "downgrade" in order to play videos.
Just wanted to know whether I can switch to the latest firmware version later on. If yes, could you share the procedure for the same?

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st September 2016, 23:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmesh View Post
Just wanted to know whether I can switch to the latest firmware version later on. If yes, could you share the procedure for the same?

Thanks in advance!
Hi there Unmesh, I doubt that it'd be possible to upgrade the firmware later on after you've installed Medi@Skin because Renault seems to have patched things up from 4.0.6. However, you could try a paid alternative like Menavrus which comes with customer support and can work on the latest firmware too (4.0.6). Here is the link to their website - Menavrus - Official Website
Old 18th February 2017, 17:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Team BHP surely has things, even particular aspects, beautifully addressed. And seems this is the thread I am looking for.

Recently I checked out the Kwid Rxt (o) 1ltr and happy with the offering with just two sore points.
  1. Missing co-driver airbag.
  2. Below average sound system.

With regards to the sound system, my requirement is pretty simple. Can I fix my JBL speakers at the rear parcel tray? If that is not possible, can I remove the stock ones and fit mine? Obviously without voiding the warranty.

I had put up the query to the sales consultant, but was advised that the top model is designed in such a way, that there is no way I can fix an additional speaker without a relay (thus voiding the warranty) or fix swapping the stock ones.

There is a sentimental value attached with the JBLs that I have and I expect them to perform better than the stocks.

Configuration as follows :-

Model : GTO 949; 6"X9" [152mm X 230 mm] three way loudspeaker; 2 ohms impedance, Power handling continuous range 100W; Power handling Peak 400W; Frequency Response - 25Hz-21kHz; Sensitivity (2.83V/m) - 94dB.

Can anyone please advise if I can fix these at the rear parcel tray without a relay and still getting top notch performance? (basically trying to keep the warranty intact) I presume that with the 4 speakers, one can have an excellent environment created. Does the Kwid's electrical have the capacity to support this?

If at all this is not possible, then can I swap the stock ones with mine? (I hope in doing so, when my car goes to servicing I have to change them back again)

As I am pretty naive in electrical aspects, I am sure colleagues here would try to help me out, in a lucid way
Old 20th February 2017, 08:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Dear all,

Please excuse my audacious efforts of individually tagging you all, but it would be really awesome of you can please throw some inputs to my query. Please do guide me along for suitable inputs from colleagues who are not part of this thread, but can help with their inputs.

"Configuration as follows :-

Model : GTO 949; 6"X9" [152mm X 230 mm] three way loudspeaker; 2 ohms impedance, Power handling continuous range 100W; Power handling Peak 400W; Frequency Response - 25Hz-21kHz; Sensitivity (2.83V/m) - 94dB.

Can anyone please advise if I can fix these at the rear parcel tray without a relay and still getting top notch performance? (basically trying to keep the warranty intact) I presume that with the 4 speakers, one can have an excellent environment created. Does the Kwid's electrical have the capacity to support this?

If at all this is not possible, then can I swap the stock ones with mine? (I hope in doing so, when my car goes to servicing I have to change them back again)"

I would also be glad if I can get hold of an initial ownership review of the Kwid. "wadewilson" probably you can also pitch in here with your inputs. The garage images are wonderful. Help me out with your review so that I can take a final call please.

Last edited by Majumdarda : 20th February 2017 at 08:19. Reason: extra inputs from wadewilson solicited.
Old 20th February 2017, 16:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Dear all,

Please do guide me along for suitable inputs from colleagues who are not part of this thread, but can help with their inputs... I presume that with the 4 speakers, one can have an excellent environment created. Does the Kwid's electrical have the capacity to support this?

I would also be glad if I can get hold of an initial ownership review of the Kwid. "wadewilson" probably you can also pitch in here with your inputs. The garage images are wonderful. Help me out with your review so that I can take a final call please.
Hi Majumdarda, My friend got the Kwid from the first batch that arrived in Assam. He immediately fitted two rear speakers in the parcel tray and also a sub-woofer. However, the ICE of our cars aren't able to support more than two speakers without a relay. If you take apart MediaNav Device from the Kwid, you can see that at the rear it has support for two speakers only.

In short, yes, you can fit the JBL speakers at the rear but you'll have to fit in a relay as well. Otherwise, you can expect sub-par performance.

On the technical aspects, I'm at a loss for words, you'll have to ask the T-Bhp gurus :P
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 11:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In short, yes, you can fit the JBL speakers at the rear but you'll have to fit in a relay as well. Otherwise, you can expect sub-par performance.

On the technical aspects, I'm at a loss for words, you'll have to ask the T-Bhp gurus :P
Thank you dear. That I suspect will void the warranty. What if I remove the stock pair and fit mine? Can they be fitted there? Will it be possible for you to share the stock speaker details? Might be they are mentioned at the back of the speaker magnet!
Old 9th April 2017, 12:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My kwid has the system version at 7.0.5

I am looking for softwares as per below
  1. Media Nav 6.0.3
  2. Dboot_6.0.4_MN2.zip
  3. Media Nav 7.0.5

Any possible sources for genuine software without coughing up.
Old 10th April 2017, 21:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for softwares as per below
[list=1][*]Media Nav 6.0.3[*]Dboot_6.0.4_MN2.zip....
You could try the mediaskin website for the firmwares or you could scour the russian automotive sites (a quick google search should help), last time I checked they kept a repo where they stored all such firmwares and other softwares for our ICE (like CorePlayer, etc.)
Old 11th April 2017, 11:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could try the mediaskin website for the firmwares or you could scour the russian automotive sites (a quick google search should help), last time I checked they kept a repo where they stored all such firmwares and other softwares for our ICE (like CorePlayer, etc.)
Checked some Russian websites and seems I got what I need. Keeping fingers crossed for actual implementation.
Old 11th April 2017, 15:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Checked some Russian websites and seems I got what I need.
Glad to hear it I converted my ICE's firmware to stock a few weeks back and forgotten all about it
Old 11th April 2017, 15:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Glad to hear it I converted my ICE's firmware to stock a few weeks back and forgotten all about it
Why did you roll back? Any particular reasons? Some features not working?
Old 12th April 2017, 00:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Why did you roll back? Any particular reasons? Some features not working?
Yes, the firmware I flashed wasn't too stable. It was buggy and made the ICE quite slow to respond to touch input. I tried going reflashing the old firmware again on the ICE but the same problems remained (sometimes CorePlayer crashes while using MediaSkin). So I went back to the latest firmware. I thought I'll just save up money and go for Menavrus instead
Old 19th June 2017, 23:12   #28
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Guys,

Need some help on the Kwids HU. Does any one have any idea on whether :
A steering remote control is available / compatible with the Kwids music system. Should have controls to operate the music system as well as mobile controls (answer/reject calls).
A reverse Camera is available which could display the video onto the HU.
Old 23rd June 2017, 22:26   #29
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting delivery of our Kwid RXT tomorrow and urgently need to know if anyone has installed any of the items I have enquired about in the previous post.

I was searching for a reverse camera and came across this one. Has anyone used this ?

https://www.kwidcarsolution.in/in/p/...USTERLodgy-/59
Old 6th July 2017, 09:04   #30
BHPian

Here's a way to play videos on Kwid/Duster/Lodgy ICE reliably. Reliably is the key here since most if not all the passive methods discussed earlier acts up sooner than later. Mediaskin is dead & unreliable. This set we're going to install is currently sold online in India along with its newer versions. Truth is, all these files are freely available for download from its developer sites abroad.

The process below will void any relevant warranties. Do at your own risk, no one else would be responsible for issues arising from this in any manner.

This tutorial applies to ONLY Medianav Classic(MN1), ie versions starting with 4. Eg., 4.0.X. Not applicable to Medianav Evolution(MN2), ie 5.0.X, 6.0.X, 7.0.X etc. Both units are different at hardware level.

This upgrade will turn Classic skin...
Name:  MNclassic.png
Views: 6359
Size:  94.9 KB

to Evolution skin....
DIY: Enable video playback on Renault's ICE (Kwid / Lodgy / Duster)-mediascreen_20170705_201330.jpg

along with new menus & a video player among other things.
DIY: Enable video playback on Renault's ICE (Kwid / Lodgy / Duster)-mediascreen_20170705_195707.jpg
DIY: Enable video playback on Renault's ICE (Kwid / Lodgy / Duster)-mediascreen_20170705_195730.jpg

Always do upgrades with car engine running. All upgrade files are in "upgrade.lgu or upgrade_root.lgu" format.
Installation means copying this .lgu file to FAT32 formatted USB & sticking it into MN USB port & power ON.
Update will be detected by MN & will prompt the user to proceed by pressing Update button.

Download this set of files. Filenames starting with 2 to 6 are important.
DIY: Enable video playback on Renault's ICE (Kwid / Lodgy / Duster)-source1.jpg

Upgrade procedure in the same number sequence as follows.

1. Bring Medianav Classic to version 4.0.6. .3 & .5 firmwares are included for rollback if needed.

2. Install DBOOT. This is optional but needed for some backup functions.

3. Install 7.0.5MD unofficial firmware which comes from the developer community, NOT Renault. This give the Evo looks to MN Classic along with other changes. Some urdu/arab writings may show up on screen during this process but that's normal.

4. Install Player mod. This SuperMod enables extra menus & features. MN may ask for Radio Unlock Code here which should be available in the vehicle booklet.

5. Install the navigation fix to recover any lost basic functionality. Mostly the Map side acts up post 7.0.5MD & this patch should fix it.

6. Install this skin to make the UI seamless.

7. This is optional. Install it if any swipe issues occur.

8. This is a free video converter which i find works best with MN. I've tried many other programs including different versions of this same program & all of them gave unusable results even with same format parameters. Use resolution 448x252 & up to 5000kbps bit rate for best results. This is a true 16:9 resolution & works full screen.

After Step 4, a video camera icon will show up top right of the screen. This is the shortcut to video player. It is a challenge to press it.

After Step 5/6/7, slide a finger horizontally across the length of the screen, Left to Right or opposite. This should bring up a loading screen & enter Applications menu. Sometimes it responds only after a couple of slides. Video player icon could be find here along with other apps & themes.
Language is Italian, but icons & menus are self explanatory for the most part. A translation file is available somewhere which i'm yet to come across but there is no real need for it.

Being a hack job, apps would still crash especially before most video sessions & upon SuperMod exit, atleast for me. Once inside or video starts, there's much less crashing. Since this is not a passive method like Live CD & the upgrade is flashed into device, the performance is slightly better than earlier tricks.

Other features like enabling reverse cam, rear speakers etc could be done after Step 7 using some extra files. 7.0.5MD firmware fully support it. Since I haven't checked it personally, the same won't be mentioned here.

In the event of a rollback to factory version, create a folder named Restore inside a formatted pen drive & insert it into MN before turning ON. Power ON & wait for the prompts to begin rollback. Now use the included 4.0.6 firmware & bring the MN back to factory condition. This has not been tested personally.

Hope this is useful to the early batch Renault ICE owners out there.
SandyX is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks