Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 10:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY: Enable video playback on Renault's ICE (Kwid / Lodgy / Duster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Thank you for sharing the updates SandyX. I had done similar experiments and have activated the rear speaker ports. The challenge I am facing now is to get the relevant connectors so that I can clip the wires using those and have them connected to the unit.

I have put forward the requirement in a separate thread, but since you have suggested modifications to the stock MN, might as well you can assist me too.

Below is the link to the post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4226784
Old 6th July 2017, 10:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

I have put forward the requirement in a separate thread,
I see you're in need for exact connectors. When i'm in such situations, i usually make my own connectors.

Our requirement is to reliably pass signal from one point to another. So improvise in such a way that the wires in questions stay tight in those ports. The signal will pass & the job be taken care of. Seal the contact further so it stays put no matter what.

The connector you've marked seems quite easy to work with. I don't know its name but i know it wouldn't stop me from finishing the job.
Old 21st September 2017, 15:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Here's a way to play videos on Kwid/Duster/Lodgy ICE reliably. Reliably is the key here since most if not all the passive methods discussed earlier acts up sooner than later. Mediaskin is dead & unreliable. This set we're going to install is currently sold online in India along with its newer versions. Truth is, all these files are freely available for download from its developer sites abroad.

The process below will void any relevant warranties. Do at your own risk, no one else would be responsible for issues arising from this in any manner.

This tutorial applies to ONLY Medianav Classic(MN1), ie versions starting with 4. Eg., 4.0.X. Not applicable to Medianav Evolution(MN2), ie 5.0.X, 6.0.X, 7.0.X etc. Both units are different at hardware level.
Thanks buddy. With the help of your instructions i am on 7.0.5 now and everything including navigation works. I have the below issues:

- The application menu seems to be in Russian. How to change it to English? Rest of the MN, the stock screens are in English.
- The video converter zip file is asking for a password. Any idea what is the password?

Edit: I see that the screenshot you posted for the Applications screen is also in Russian. Did you mange to change it to English?

Last edited by revved_up : 21st September 2017 at 15:58.
Old 21st September 2017, 16:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post

- The application menu seems to be in Russian. How to change it to English? Rest of the MN, the stock screens are in English.
- The video converter zip file is asking for a password. Any idea what is the password?

Edit: I see that the screenshot you posted for the Applications screen is also in Russian. Did you mange to change it to English?
- It's Italian, not Russian. Not necessary to change to English to enjoy the functionality since easy to understand. I did not try any translation fix.

- Do check the .rar filename itself for the password.

)
SandyX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed