Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2006, 12:35   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Dear Harman,

If you are JBLclined I suspect your needs might be fulfilled by a 301.1 mated to a GT 4-12. 13K for the amp and I think 7-8K for the woofer.

Signed
"Bob"
Iam not inclined to JBL am open to the perfect combination. What is the difference between the GT 4-12 and the Infinity Perfect in terms of performance where does these 2 stand out form each other?

Any other amp/sub combination apart from JBL?
Old 6th October 2006, 09:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro
Iam interested in the Infinity Perfect series subs, s0uljah's experience with Infinities is something similar that Iam looking at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
s0uljah's experience is with JBL GT-4 15" subs.

Boom da Boom Baby.
Regarding the gt4-15", it still hasnt been put to use yet :'-(

Sam, just to clarify, Harmon was referring to what I posted in this thread.

That was my cousins setup in our old lancer.

Big Bala Boom
Old 6th October 2006, 09:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOuljah
When the infinity replaced the two 12", bass went from loud and boomy to moderate but punchy... best part was the enclosure was pretty small too, and went back to having lot of boot space.
yup...If someone ask me to explain my infinty ref sub,i would also same what souljah has said in underlined about infinty sub.Not enough loudness [SPL] but sheer SQ.Infinty perfect range would even be better.
Old 6th October 2006, 13:30   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SAM,
Thanks very much for the information. Will the CS30.1 match the Infinity Perfect subs? Iam looking at one SUB, monoblock and a 60.4 to drive my Infinity ovals and components.
Why would you buy the cheapest Mono Amplifier we have and mate (Unca Bob, you're getting friskier by the minute) one of the better subwoofers we have to it. If I had a Perfect sub, I'd use a GTO601.1 and it would be in a professionally designed sealed enclosure.
Old 6th October 2006, 13:37   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Why would you buy the cheapest Mono Amplifier we have and mate (Unca Bob, you're getting friskier by the minute) one of the better subwoofers we have to it. If I had a Perfect sub, I'd use a GTO601.1 and it would be in a professionally designed sealed enclosure.
Harmon,
THis is why I suggested the GT4-12 to go with the 301.1 the Infinity Perfect sub will work well too (maybe better - depending on the enclosure) but the GT4-12 is a "more natural" match tot he 301.1. If I had a Perfect sub I'd get an amp that can use the sub more fully.

Sam,
Old men are entitled to have some fun even if they are Mods. :-)
Old 6th October 2006, 17:59   #36
BHPian

off topic....
man!.... i was just wondering.. why would navin post twice in a row in the same thread!!... (I was only looking at the avatars!!)... .... then i realized... mirror images....

mirror, mirror on the wall... who is the fairest of them all!!
Old 7th October 2006, 00:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Regarding the gt4-15", it still hasnt been put to use yet :'-(

Sam, just to clarify, Harmon was referring to what I posted in this thread.

That was my cousins setup in our old lancer.

Big Bala Boom
yep! s0uljah thats thee one.

Navin/Sam some thoughts on that thread please.

Thanks very much.
Old 7th October 2006, 09:57   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
When the infinity replaced the two 12", bass went from loud and boomy to moderate but punchy... best part was the enclosure was pretty small too, and went back to having lot of boot space.
Boom is dependant on the enclosure and install. If the enclosure is too small or too large the sub can boom. in either case thequality of the boom will differ. so the object is to get a correctly designed and built box.
Old 7th October 2006, 14:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boom is dependant on the enclosure and install. If the enclosure is too small or too large the sub can boom. in either case thequality of the boom will differ. so the object is to get a correctly designed and built box.
I think the definition of normal people of 'boom' is what we usually experience when the box Qt is too high, and the sub flaps incontollably and produces rather disinterestingly loud bass-like noises.

You definition of boom seems to be the hump in higher bass when the sub is popped into an enclosure that's too small for it's comfort.
Old 7th October 2006, 15:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

usally a small box make the sound punchy....like the drum beats good for techno and rock it will be fast. but when the box volume is increased the lower end of the bass here the 30 hz region gets improved a lot....good for rap and hip hop type.....

Now it all depends what type of boom you want high punchy or low_bass
Old 7th October 2006, 16:26   #41
BANNED

Quote:

Any other amp/sub combination apart from JBL?
Are you still on the look for the above?? There're plenty of options in the market but there isn't much in the price range of JBL. Hertz ES300D subwoofers are good. If you can mate it with a decent amp it will give you good rocking quality sound. But again, this option will be expensive than a JBL one.
A more expensive option is ID (Image Dynamics). Their Subwoofers come in 3 different ranges. Of which the ID V.3s are quite good for the price. You'll need a very good amp to run these to fully use the potential. So again it will be much expensive than JBL. PM Gunbir/Autophile to get more details on Hertz/Audison/ID etc..

Then there's Illusion audio which I have not experienced yet. But according to some, it's worth checking out too. I dunno their prices also. PM B&T to get more details on these.
Then you can try Velocity series from Blaupunkt. These Subs are also good but a bit more on the expensive side. They used to make VFM sub in a box setups earlier, but not very good these days.

Last edited by speedzak : 7th October 2006 at 16:33.
Old 8th October 2006, 00:15   #42
BHPian

Guys,

Iam travelling, will post here soon. Flying down to country "BUSH".
Old 9th October 2006, 11:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Are you still on the look for the above?? There're plenty of options in the market but there isn't much in the price range of JBL. Hertz ES300D subwoofers are good. If you can mate it with a decent amp it will give you good rocking quality sound. But again, this option will be expensive than a JBL one.
A more expensive option is ID (Image Dynamics). Their Subwoofers come in 3 different ranges. Of which the ID V.3s are quite good for the price. You'll need a very good amp to run these to fully use the potential. So again it will be much expensive than JBL. PM Gunbir/Autophile to get more details on Hertz/Audison/ID etc..

Then there's Illusion audio which I have not experienced yet. But according to some, it's worth checking out too. I dunno their prices also. PM B&T to get more details on these.
Then you can try Velocity series from Blaupunkt. These Subs are also good but a bit more on the expensive side. They used to make VFM sub in a box setups earlier, but not very good these days.
as also subs from Infinity, Alpine, Focal, Boston etc.
Old 10th October 2006, 13:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as also subs from Infinity, Alpine, Focal, Boston etc.
Boston wouldn't figure on my 'hot-subs' list, for sure.

There is no chance he can get a Focal subwoofer driver in India even close to the price of the JBL 15.
Old 10th October 2006, 14:51   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Boston wouldn't figure on my 'hot-subs' list, for sure.

There is no chance he can get a Focal subwoofer driver in India even close to the price of the JBL 15.
What about Illusion? :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks