Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2006, 15:37   #46
Team-BHP Support

Rags, I ws counting the whole sub as one. We all know the other (hint: three letters; starts with "S").
Old 10th November 2006, 19:33   #47
BHPian

Now u guys are talking about 2 "beast", "beast" himself will be thinking of adding r [english alphabet letter] in those 2 "beast" and having fun...
Old 10th November 2006, 19:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Rags, I ws counting the whole sub as one. We all know the other (hint: three letters; starts with "S").

BTW Which type of enclosure is this ? Which Amps ?

Mugen.
Old 10th November 2006, 21:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Mugen, that's a bandpass setup. Dual Bandpass.

The 6x9s are GTO937s.

The sub amp looks like a GTO601.1. And the speaker amp is most likely a GTO75.4.

The sub is definitely not being fed by a GTO1201.1. Pity.

Last edited by hydrashok : 10th November 2006 at 21:08.
Old 11th November 2006, 00:34   #50
BHPian

Pioneer or JBL if you can't buy an Alpine amplifier.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 11th November 2006 at 00:38.
Old 11th November 2006, 00:42   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok

The 6x9s are GTO937s.

The sub amp looks like a GTO601.1. And the speaker amp is most likely a GTO75.4.

Ashok - Mugen's post is a joke man Relax
Old 11th November 2006, 00:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the difference in bandpass compared to sealed or ported box in terms of sound ?

@ iraghava, I asked because i see a air vent on box.

Mugen_Power.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 11th November 2006 at 00:47.
Old 11th November 2006, 00:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to add to this, I still believe 1201.1 Amp is too much juice for that enclosure, 601.1 was a good choice, a maximum of 800 to 900 RMS is what can be fed to those subs, anything more is dangerous.

Check out this post below, some of the guys from this forum are very knowledgeable,

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=253858

By the way, that setup looks really nice, well installed, but the rear coaxials are placed more like a Demo car cos it does not face the inside cabin in any way, Looks nice tho.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 11th November 2006 at 00:49.
Old 11th November 2006, 01:20   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316

Check out this post below, some of the guys from this forum are very knowledgeable,

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=253858
So are you RONSOLOX on that forum? Because the posted link is the image I uploaded, lol you can see my name in the address bar when you click on it.
Old 11th November 2006, 07:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@blueraven, that was quite eye-opening. So the best way to power a bandpass sub, is to feed it the exact RMS output of the driver. You learn something new every day at T-BHP :-) So the 601.1 is a perfect fit after all.

@mugen,
Quote:
A 4th order bandpass is really just the same as a vented box where the contribution from the driver is trapped in a sealed box which modifies the resonance of the driver. In its simplest form it has two chambers. The dividing wall between the chambers has the driver mounted on it and the panel opposite to it (or the chamber into which the driver faces) has a port. If the enclosure on each side of the woofer has a port in it then the enclosure yields a 6th order band-pass response. This enclosure is considerably harder to design and tends to be driver-specific. As in other reflex enclosures, the ports may be replaced by passive radiators if desired.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudspeaker_enclosure

Quote:
A fourth order enclosure (vented box) is a sealed enclosure with the additon of a port tuned to a specific frequency. The port extends the low frequency response of the basic sealed enclosure usually providing a lower cut-off frequency. The enclosure offers a good transient response (second to that of a sealed enclosure), good power handling within it's bandpass region, and excellent efficiency making it a popular choice for many competitors and everday users, but below the tuned frequency power handling is poor and damage to the woofer is likely to occur if over driven. Lowering the port frequency below that of the manufacturer's recommended frequency will only worsen matters and cause the sound to become "muddy"....bleah!
Source:http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes4.asp

Bandpass subs are generally better for hip-hop kind of music, with beats going really low freq. (Not my kind of enclosure).

@iraghava, I wasn't pissed or anything :-). And it's not Ashok. It's Anup. But half the people I meet call me Ashok for a while before we really get to know each other. Why is that?

Last edited by hydrashok : 11th November 2006 at 07:13.
Old 11th November 2006, 09:55   #56
Team-BHP Support

Bandpass boxes are usually more efficient as the box effectively accentuates certain freq (within the "pass band") and acoustically rolls of all freq not part of the pass band. you can have a 4th or 6th order band pass. a 3 chamber band pass is really 2 band pass subs put back to back. Since the front output of the subwoofer cone is acoustically filtered by the box some bass definition is lost. It is really great for pubs and discos as you get a lot of bass and the subwoofer cones are protected from prying fingers / feet.

I dot see why you cant use a 1201 instead of the 601.1 for this sub. It would offer more headroom. TO some extent becuase of the acousticall filtering you cannot hear the woofer hit it's Xmax in a BP box but phyisical limits are far lower than thermal limits for most woofers and by that logic even a 601.1 can damage the woofer. If used sensibly however I think the 1201 would offer slightly better woofer control (larger power supply etc...) and not damage this system.

Last edited by navin : 11th November 2006 at 10:02.
Old 11th November 2006, 13:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
If used sensibly however I think the 1201 would offer slightly better woofer control (larger power supply etc...) and not damage this system.
Yeah you are right keeping in mind the right tuning is done, but the issue most of the time in India is 90 % of the so called Car Audio Tuners don't really know how to tune . Most accessory shop people just know how to yank the gain up and then the trouble starts, be it 600 or 1200 RMS.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 11th November 2006 at 13:36.
Old 11th November 2006, 13:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
So are you RONSOLOX on that forum? Because the posted link is the image I uploaded, lol you can see my name in the address bar when you click on it.
No, it's my bro's ID, which I whacked from him.

Just kidding, its elder brother Ronnie's id which he uses sometimes, and I took the password to post, and I don't know why he associated to the name SoloX, maybe he was very impressed with the SoloX sub when it came but now, that sub is not about music, its about PAIN !

Offtopic: One Crazy SPL sub that is, but If I were to choose for music, I wud take JL 13W7 sub.
Old 11th November 2006, 15:28   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Offtopic: One Crazy SPL sub that is, but If I were to choose for music, I wud take JL 13W7 sub.
Even that Sub is an SPL one ain't it??

The 1204D setup is really amazing. Where was it done???
Old 11th November 2006, 15:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Even that Sub is an SPL one ain't it??

The 1204D setup is really amazing. Where was it done???
Not really, it is a combination of SPL and SQ both, u can hear it play in Vaahan yatra, but I am not sure for what the tuner will tune it to, cos it's not Anwar's car, but that sub is nowhere near being a SPL sub. I chose the W7 as it can be tuned for Enjoyable SPL as well as SQ, as I too am a bass head to some extent. I get those moods sometimes. It used to be all the time earlier though, lol.

And when I refer to SPL, its not the small stuff we see here, I mean real hardcore SPL numbers coming from subs which can handle anywhere above 2000 RMS .

Last edited by blueraven316 : 11th November 2006 at 15:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks