Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:41   #61
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
I also have a OnePlus 3 and a Galaxy S8. The S8 performs flawlessly with Android Auto. The OnePlus 3 has known issues with Android Auto (check the OnePlus forums). What helped me with the OnePlus 3 was to use a different USB to USB type C cable (not the OnePlus 3 charging cable). It hasn't completely eliminated the crashes, but has greatly reduced them.
Thanks! What about the Connected Apps feature? Is it installed for you? Can you see the apps on the screen?
Old 22nd July 2017, 16:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thanks! What about the Connected Apps feature? Is it installed for you? Can you see the apps on the screen?
I don't have the connected apps
Old 10th August 2017, 10:55   #63
BHPian

Please watch below the footage of Connected apps which may be useful for those who intend to purchase the vehicle.

Old 10th August 2017, 11:53   #64
BHPian

I had visited Mahindra to get a small fix and i enquired about Apple Car, looks like its coming in a month or so.
Old 16th August 2017, 21:19   #65
BHPian

After the upgrade of auto-connect on my W10 i am facing the below issue:

if my smart phone is not connected to the auto-connect, and i choose to play music(USB/ Radio) and simultaneously if i set the destination in the navigation, then there is a delay read fraction of seconds on the music being played (read consistent breaks(silent))

But if i am on Radio and connect my smart phone and launch auto-connect i can see that some times the volume automatically increases and decreases itself.

These is very annoying planning to take it Service centre to address the issue.

Any one has faced these kind of issue?

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 16th August 2017 at 21:25.
Old 16th August 2017, 22:54   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
After the upgrade of auto-connect on my W10 i am facing the below issue.
Not sure i fully understand your observation but here is what I can comment based on what I have observed -

- if you have kept the sound to less than or equal to 5 bars (10 clicks rotating on volume button) you will not hear overlaying voice. Instead the audio will be muted and then hear the navigation. With a seconds delay when navigation audio prompt is over, audio will resume. If you increase the sound to 6 bars and above, every time the navigation audio plays, your music audio will get feeble (you can still hear it as if the volume is just one bar)
- I once had this funny issue: I kept the navigation volume (speaker volume button on the maps navigation screen) to super low to avoid the prompts. It was low but not mute. So every time there was there is navigation audio prompt, the radio/ USB will stop. Actually the navigation audio was being played and i did not hear it as car was moving and navigation volume was super low! I thought speakers went kaput or my amp must have given up! I tried the net day and everything was fine. The reason being navigation was over and i was at home!

Some usability issues here but when i had spoken to folks who built this months ago, they said these are some of the google imposed "must-have" behaviours that they implemented. Not sure how true it is!
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 13:37   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Not sure i fully understand your observation but here is what I can comment based on what I have observed -

- if you have kept the sound to less than or equal to 5 bars (10 clicks rotating on volume button) you will not hear overlaying voice. Instead the audio will be muted and then hear the navigation. With a seconds delay when navigation audio prompt is over, audio will resume. If you increase the sound to 6 bars and above, every time the navigation audio plays, your music audio will get feeble (you can still hear it as if the volume is just one bar)
- I once had this funny issue: I kept the navigation volume (speaker volume button on the maps navigation screen) to super low to avoid the prompts. It was low but not mute. So every time there was there is navigation audio prompt, the radio/ USB will stop. Actually the navigation audio was being played and i did not hear it as car was moving and navigation volume was super low! I thought speakers went kaput or my amp must have given up! I tried the net day and everything was fine. The reason being navigation was over and i was at home!

Some usability issues here but when i had spoken to folks who built this months ago, they said these are some of the google imposed "must-have" behaviours that they implemented. Not sure how true it is!
I usually mute my navigation which means the music should not be stopped or still it would be muted for fraction of seconds?

But even if there is no instruction with respect to the navigation the music stops for fraction of seconds which is the problem in my case.
Old 31st August 2017, 18:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Ecosense & Emergency Calling

Mahindra has introduced new features to the XUV500's infotainment system. These include Android Auto, Connected Apps, Ecosense & Emergency Call.

Name:  5.png
Views: 3040
Size:  208.1 KB

The XUV500's infotainment system now comes with support for Android Auto. The software projects content from an Android phone onto the infotainment screen giving access to features like Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, hands-free phone, music, radio, messenger, etc.

Name:  2.png
Views: 3089
Size:  107.2 KB

Ecosense is a technology that enables drivers to keep tabs on their driving patterns. The software monitors parameters like speed, acceleration, gear position, idling, braking and clutch application. It prompts the driver for the correct gear, excessive idling and clutch override. Based on these the software calculates an Ecoscore which, along with a drive summary can be shared on social media. All the data is stored to the cloud and can be retrieved whenever needed. Ecosense helps the driver get the best fuel efficiency.

Name:  9.png
Views: 2992
Size:  82.8 KB

The company has introduced an emergency calling feature on the XUV500. In case of an accident causing the airbags to deploy, the vehicle will automatically dial the emergency services without any human intervention. The system will also send an SMS with the vehicle location and Google map link to pre-stored numbers of ambulance and emergency services as well as Mahindra customer service. This feature gets activated once the driver connects his/her smartphone.

Name:  10.png
Views: 2962
Size:  214.4 KB

The infotainment system has also been updated with Connected Apps. Mahindra offers pre-installed apps like Gaana, Criclive, Zomato, Bookmyshow, Google Calendar etc. To run these apps, the system can connect to internet via Wi-Fi hotspots.
Attached Images

TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 18:38   #69
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Ecosense & Emergency Calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The company has introduced an emergency calling feature on the XUV500. In case of an accident causing the airbags to deploy, the vehicle will automatically dial the emergency services without any human intervention. The system will also send an SMS with the vehicle location and Google map link to pre-stored numbers of ambulance and emergency services as well as Mahindra customer service. This feature gets activated once the driver connects his/her smartphone.
Would have better if this feature would have been implemented without depending on the user's Mobile Phone to be paired.

The feature would be rendered useless, if the user has not paired the Mobile or is switched off.

They could have included an inbuilt SIM with cheap GSM capability to achieve this. Would have been truly path breaking, had they done so.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:15   #70
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Ecosense & Emergency Calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Would have better if this feature would have been implemented without depending on the user's Mobile Phone to be paired.
That's asking for too much. Even Ford's emergency dialing feature depends on a paired phone.

If the manufacturer were to buy a SIM, whose name would it be registered in? Mahindra's or the car owner's? Who will pay the monthly cost? Who is liable if the SIM is misused? Remember, this is India. Anything goes.

Considering that most car owners link their smartphone up to the onboard ICE, Mahindra's style of deployment makes perfect sense.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's asking for too much. Even Ford's emergency dialing feature depends on a paired phone.

If the manufacturer were to buy a SIM, whose name would it be registered in? Mahindra's or the car owner's? Who will pay the monthly cost? Who is liable if the SIM is misused? Remember, this is India. Anything goes.

Considering that most car owners link their smartphone up to the onboard ICE, Mahindra's style of deployment makes perfect sense.
Correct, it could be registered in the owner's name and a nominal yearly fee (just to transmit SOS SMS) could be charged.
Old 1st September 2017, 11:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correct, it could be registered in the owner's name and a nominal yearly fee (just to transmit SOS SMS) could be charged.
Thats too much work when this can be easily achieved through the paired smart phone.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:57   #73
BHPian

Quote:
They could have included an inbuilt SIM with cheap GSM capability to achieve this. Would have been truly path breaking, had they done so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the manufacturer were to buy a SIM, whose name would it be registered in? Mahindra's or the car owner's? Who will pay the monthly cost? Who is liable if the SIM is misused? Remember, this is India. Anything goes..
Quote:
Probably a sim slot could have been provided, If an active sim is inserted in the slot use the sim for emergency services else will be dependent on the paired phone. I am sure most of the owners would insert a sim in today's age of Free sims and long term validity plans
Old 1st September 2017, 12:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont see why would Mahindra would get into business of getting Sim cards for its car owners.

Alternately yes they could give a system with integrated SIM card slot which user could insert on their own. But then integrating a 2G/3G modem is fairly complex and add cost to the ICE. Also if SIM is anyways present why not give data access as well to make it more self sufficient. Our wish list can be never ending
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 13:16   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Don't know how true this is, but Economic Times says that:

Quote:
In fact, older customers of XUV 500 can also upgrade to these features at a nominal charge of Rs 999.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks