Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 18:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

Mahindra has added some new features to the XUV500. The major additions include Android Auto, Connected Apps, Ecosense and Emergency Call assist. These features will be available in all variants starting from the W6 trim that is now priced at Rs. 13.80 lakh (ex-showroom, Navi Mumbai).

With the infotainment system now getting Android Auto, users will be able to access various phone functions like making and receiving calls, messaging, navigation, music and Google search through the head unit itself. Android auto functions can also be controlled through voice commands or steering mounted buttons.

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-unnamed.jpg

The infotainment system has also been loaded with Connected Apps feature, which offers apps like Gaana, Cricket Live, Zomato, Book My Show, etc. These apps are pre-loaded in the infotainment system and can thus be accessed even when they are not installed on the user's mobile device. To access these apps, the infotainment system needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot.

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-unnamed-1.jpg

The XUV500 also gets Ecosense Technology, which is claimed to help the driver in enhancing the fuel economy of the vehicle. This technology records various parameters like speed, gear selection, idling, clutch override and aggressive braking. These parameters are analysed on a real time basis and an instantaneous score and average score (out of 100) is displayed on the infotainment system's screen during the trip. The user also gets an option to share his / her Ecosense score on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-unnamed-2.jpg

Another addition made to the 2017 XUV500 is the Emergency Call feature, which automatically calls emergency services if the airbags are deployed in the event of an accident. Additionally, the system can also send SOS text messages to 2 pre-set numbers, via the owner's connected phone.

In addition to the said features, Mahindra is also offering a new Lake-Side Brown colour with all black interiors on the W10 variant. Other colour options, including Sunset Orange, Pearl White, Opulent Purple, Volcano Black, Coral Red, Dolphin Grey and Moondust Silver continue to be on offer.

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-popcar1.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 19th April 2017 at 18:38.
dZired is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 20:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

This was supposed to come to Scorpio as well but Android site mentions only XUV500.
Old 19th April 2017, 22:10   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel5915 View Post
This was supposed to come to Scorpio as well but Android site mentions only XUV500.
any idea if these updates would be available to the existing XUV customers? I would be delighted if they can be made available to my existing 2016 Refresh version.
Old 19th April 2017, 22:36   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
any idea if these updates would be available to the existing XUV customers? I would be delighted if they can be made available to my existing 2016 Refresh version.
I am pretty sure these features will come to existing owners.
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 22:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
I think it should be possible by a software update.

I had asked Mahindra directly regarding this for my current generation Scorpio and even their customer care and Regional Sales Manager didn't have the slightest idea about it.
They started telling me about the Blue Sense app and I literally had to send them the Android Auto website link to show them what I meant.
Old 19th April 2017, 23:09   #6
BHPian

I talked with the manager in Trivandrum later today, and he confirmed that it'd be a recall and all XUVs would get this via a software update(I believe the NewAge vehicles onward).
jacobvarughese is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 23:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
I talked with the manager in Trivandrum later today, and he confirmed that it'd be a recall and all XUVs would get this via a software update(I believe the NewAge vehicles onward).
Hopefully this is quicker than how it is for the current S-Cross where the Ignis has Android Auto enabled but the S-Cross is still waiting
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 09:19   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1539.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1581.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-ab-2-img_1776.jpg

I have been running this for past month or so in beta mode. Mine is W10 MT FWD 2015.

Except the wifi apps which needs silverbox update everything is coming to all older new gens. W4/W6 will have limited feature sets. None of the AT models will have EcoSense as there is no question of clutch and gear shift tracking.

Apart from this there are host of small things that are added which fixes age old issues like BT call quality, changing radio station through steering mounted countrols, etc. Android auto and google voice a gem of thing to use!

I have some more pictures taken over the period of time. I will upload them soon.

Quoting my earlier observations -
Quote:
Very stable Release - no issues of restarting/ hanging/ sluggishness.
The Gear shift indicators are super helpful for driving "economically right".
The EcoSense scoring is tuned for environment friendly driving. Has nothing to do with an individual but helps in adapting to economical driving.
The 150 Kmph beep is smoothened out. Not much irritating. It has a range of some time and speed before it starts beeping again.
Changing radio stations when there are adverts is easy. It is done though the steering mounted controls.
EcoSense screen helps with visual clues like - excess idling, half clutch driving, sudden accelerations etc.
Android Auto is class apart - Google maps makes it such a breeze to drive with live traffic updates and optimum routing.
Android Auto - phone calling is awesome. No more struggle to see who is calling or whom you are calling by reading those names on screen. It now pops up with picture of caller from your address book!
Android Auto - google voice works with your steering mounted voice commands too.
The updated BlueSense app pulls all data fro your car and keeps either locally on the phone or upon choice sends to server!
Also now you can use iPhone over BT as well as using cable as iPod at a time.

Last edited by SDP : 20th April 2017 at 10:46. Reason: as requested by OP
abirnale is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 11:16   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more images -
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1561.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1562.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1563.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1564.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1565.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1566.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1567.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1568.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1582.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1583.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1589.png
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_1584.jpg

Last edited by abirnale : 20th April 2017 at 11:19.
abirnale is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 12:42   #10
BHPian

Thanks much abirnale- do you know if the new software update gets rid of the darkening of the screen when we switch on the 'guide lights' in the morning? In alternate words, does the screen now adapt itself to the time, like the navigation maps?
Old 20th April 2017, 13:09   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Thanks much abirnale- do you know if the new software update gets rid of the darkening of the screen when we switch on the 'guide lights' in the morning? In alternate words, does the screen now adapt itself to the time, like the navigation maps?
There is a setting that controls this - same as earlier. Listed under Display. Auto Sleep can be disabled. So it never sleeps. It was there earlier as well so not sure if I understood your question well. You could turn the auto screen off or on through this setting linked with anything in headlight assembly lighting up, including light guides
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 13:25   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I have been running this for past month or so in beta mode. Mine is W10 MT FWD 2015.
Do you have any detailed post on how to get this done in the older vehicles? Is it a DIY or do I need to visit A.S.S.?
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 15:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

Hey what's the version number on this upgrade? Could you share. Just the major version number should be fine? As it is beta, the final number could vary. Thanks in advance
Old 20th April 2017, 23:44   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Do you have any detailed post on how to get this done in the older vehicles? Is it a DIY or do I need to visit A.S.S.?
I got this as a beta. Just plain lucky. My SA was a good fellow and he had chosen me as beta customer when M&M R&D engineers came asking for some live beta testers. Nothing more than that. This isn't possible with dIY. It must be done by MASS. I am also not sure when and how these updates will be delivered to all vehicles as my involvement is only limited to beta testing. I vaguely remember the discussion. This won't be applied onto "(G)OLD" gen. Only applicable for new gen. I am also seeing this new wifi-app thing which was not given to me in beta. It may come with extra hardware or fees, I actually don't know. Me thinks that if you get the silver-box replaced and it might work. Talk to SA. They will first deny but if you persist, they will find out and see what best can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Hey what's the version number on this upgrade? Could you share. Just the major version number should be fine?
Sure, I will do it first thing tomorrow. I was driving while day and just saw these messages.
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 07:42   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Hey what's the version number on this upgrade? Could you share.
Here you go -
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_2616.jpg
abirnale is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks