Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2007, 16:20   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
IMO , we need not flame him , even if his Grammar / spelling is bad , just because his views may not be palatable to some members

No one is begging any one else to help here..If some one can help , Great ..otherwise nothing is lost , life goes on..There are thousands of consumers and brands who have not even heard of team BHP.
It just happened that while i was proof reading, I happened to send the Draft that i had keyed in. I do acknowledge that education suffered & so did affordability & thats why couldnt make it to the OXCAM league .

Though most of the issues were resolved offline & Sam did take it up with his vendor & they ensured that my complaints were resolved to a very large extent. Thanks sam.....
Old 13th March 2007, 16:48   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_vijayarajan View Post
The current setup is as mentioned;

1) CQD5501U Panasonic Head Unit
2) 2 way component System - Infinity Kappa 50.7 CS
3) Amplifier - GTO 75.4
4) GTO1202D Subwoofer
5) Monoblock - GTO 601.1
6) JBL 3 way Speakers T595

In the mean time I got the rewiring done @ Sprocket. The music sounds much better now.
do you have any problems with the sound now?
Old 13th March 2007, 17:01   #48

The below mentioned link has the photographs of the entire setup on the truck. Do take out time to read the comments. Scorpio - ICE - a photoset on Flickr
All these changes was done after the Hullabaloo in the forum during the initial days. Hope this would clarify some of the queries made by some of the contributors of this thread.

Last edited by ported_head : 13th March 2007 at 17:13. Reason: Removing formatting tags
Old 13th March 2007, 17:11   #49
BHPian

And we need to know whom you went for, to install the ICE. This will help all team-bhp'ians in future. When someone goes to same installer and shows team-bhp id he should know how serious and knowledgeable we are about ICE and not take us for granted!
Old 13th March 2007, 17:15   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Now what kind of sound did you actually want out of your install? Loud pumping bass? Or bass that integrates well into music without being very in-your-face? I think your feeling of disappointment stems from the system as a whole not sounding the way you wanted it to, more than anything else, right?
As you mentioned, I am looking at bass that integrates with the music. But the flip side is that I sometimes want to hear it loud & cant handle the jarring & vibrations.
Old 13th March 2007, 17:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the mean time I got the rewiring done @ Sprocket. The music sounds much better now.
Enjoy maadi!! (as they say here in Bangalore!)

Offlate, I am hearing a lot of good stories about Sprocket!
Old 13th March 2007, 17:23   #52

Navin,
Though the system sounds much better, the only issue I have is the 3 way speaker. I am given to understand that the T595 is an extremely good speaker, I am not able to gt a good bass output from this speaker.

I was thinking if I can add a Component Circuit (not sure what they are called) to drive the speakers to get a better output.

Just want to know if these circuit can be purchased separately and added to the system so as to get a better output from the speaker.
Old 13th March 2007, 17:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Where is this sprocket located ? J.C. Road ?
Old 13th March 2007, 17:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

The one I see everyday (on my way to work) is in Koramangala 6th Block..
Old 13th March 2007, 17:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Maybe some wise and powerful man could change the title to include "with a happy ending".
Old 13th March 2007, 17:32   #56
BHPian

If I am not mistaken, Sprocket is located in Koramangla..
Old 13th March 2007, 18:12   #57

I had posted a link of the photographs. Its not refelecting here. Thought i will post again....

Scorpio - ICE - a photoset on Flickr
Old 13th March 2007, 18:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know it all ended to your satisfaction, Raj! Enjoy your music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Maybe some wise and powerful man could change the title to include "with a happy ending".
Yes! Raj, I think it would be a good idea to PM the moderator (Navin) and ask him to change the title of the thread.
Old 13th March 2007, 18:50   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Navin,
Though the system sounds much better, the only issue I have is the 3 way speaker. I am given to understand that the T595 is an extremely good speaker, I am not able to gt a good bass output from this speaker.
Hello raj,

It's nice having you aboard. Let me please clarify that I am not a Audio guy. The stuff is too complicated for me. I am happier with engine vengines etc.

The reason i am posting, is because I own a Scorpio too. I might be wrong, but I have by default assumed, that the 3 way speakers have been installed in your rear door (read as boot door or whatever you want to call it). Thats the way it's been done in my jeep too, albeit with a little bit of modification to the door. The original pad was removed and heavy duty MDF was used to make a new pad on which the speakers were mounted. I think here is where the problem lies, meaning location of the speakers.

But like I said, I am not an audio guy and I most probably am wrong. If you could maybe put up a few pictures of your install it might help the Guru's to sort your issues out.

Enjoy your time at Team-Bhp.

Last edited by Sideways : 13th March 2007 at 18:51.
Old 13th March 2007, 18:52   #60
JPL
BHPian

Hi all,

Yeah, Sprocket is located in kormangala 6th block, 100ft main road. I have been to the store or rather as they would like to call Car Audio mall ( ..lol..) but still the store is awesome in terms of the car audio stock that they keep.

That is the place I saw the 1204 bpd also along with MTX, kicker, rockford fosgate, ma audio and of course JBL also. They also stock Inifinitys and Hertz, but could not get them to do a demo for these speakers.

They have audison, boss, Monster and various other wiring kits also.

The salesman there are noobs like myself or rather I am better then them, one of the sales guy said "you have better knowledge then me"..lol.

The head guy the installer, John I guess was not there when I visited the place in december looking around stuff for my ICE install. They even had a article by John for noobs on the walls there.

Its bad to see such an awesome showroom being run like a grocery store, though I could not meet john ( the expert) I could not get the complete picture.

If any of you guys come to bangalore, please visit India's first Car audio mall for sure.

Ciao...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks