Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 15:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan View Post
but at the net the p8002 cost 269.99 $ (12,149 rs)
and t10001bd cost 429.99$(19349 rs) on credit card bassis system... +a small amount of shipment...
Gonna import? You will end up paying taxes and sort
Old 15th December 2006, 18:04   #17
BHPian

Wel importin wil work out expensive right....
What about a 15 inch sub above 400watts rms if available and a monoblock amp??....How wil the setup sound??...Wit a pair of components up front nd 937`s at the rear....And guys any idea how much wil the hertz 15 inchers cost??..
Old 15th December 2006, 19:15   #18
Team-BHP Support

adnan, which 15"/400W sub? there are subs and there are subs.
Old 15th December 2006, 19:59   #19
BHPian

WEl navinji....i was askin if there are any...how about a 15 inch sub and a mono block??....since the car is quite big wil the 12" be sufficient?...what do you think sir??....YOu too own a Octavia i believe...
Old 15th December 2006, 22:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WEl navinji....i was askin if there are any...how about a 15 inch sub and a mono block??....since the car is quite big wil the 12" be sufficient?...what do you think sir??....YOu too own a Octavia i believe...
Dear Adnan,

From Navin's recent tastes (recent considering that a few years ago, not so long ago, from his own account, he used to start up the music in his living room, and then go down to his car and park one block away to listen to it.) I wouldn't be surprised if he will be more than content with even a good 8" subwoofer in his car.

There has been a discussion earlier about different subwoofer sizes and what's better or not etc. In India, you'll get 12s from all the manufacturers, but not 15s even if they were available abroad. 10s again won't be represented from all lines by all distributors. Also, a 12 can be more than enough or too little depending on which 12 it is. If you are looking at something that can handle 400 W continuous, then it should suffice for the Octavia, just ensure it's from a reputed brand (like Dhoom.. No, just kidding). Any further consideration of size would only be necessary if there was some constraint in accommodating the 12, or special preferences like wanting a lot of bass or something. Otherwise, a 12 would be a good all rounder.
Old 15th December 2006, 22:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

I hve seen a sony 15" sub. its the same as sony 12" xplod sub in red colour.

Model No. is XS-L152 P5
More info: Xplod India

Quote:

Last edited by abhibh : 15th December 2006 at 22:39.
Old 15th December 2006, 23:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think we should stay away from Sonys. RFs and Sonys are like two ends of the spectrum. We shouldn't be talking about both in the same application.

@adnan, IMHO there's no way you are gonna drive a 15" driver fast enough & tight enough with a 25K budget for the sub and the amp. You'll need to compromise substantially on either the sub or the amp. Either way you'll end up with something that sounds slow & woolly. I'm sure abhibh mentioned the Sony keeping your budget in mind.

B&T's post makes a whole lot of sense. Go for a good 12" from a good brand. Make sure you get a good, solid enclosure made. Get an amp from a good brand that will put out a max of at least 3/4th of the max output of the sub, and you're good to go. You may still need to bump your budget to 30K for max VFM, though (including enclosure and wiring).

The Hertz ES300 (12" SVC) runs to about 9K. So I guess the 15" should come to about 12K.

Last edited by hydrashok : 15th December 2006 at 23:23.
Old 16th December 2006, 22:29   #23
Team-BHP Support

Adnan, since you dont know me let me say that a few years ago (as recently as 1992-3) I had a pair of 18" JBL 2245 woofers in JBL B360 bass bins doing bass duty in my home stereo (the midbass was 4 Focal 8N515s and the tweeter was a pair of Morel MDT33s). I was told people could listen to my music on the road 7 buildings away even with my windows closed and aircon on. My car stereo (Contessa) had 3 custom made 10" woofers in a tranmission line box. I have nevr heard better defined bass than a TL in a car. At home, today, I'd vote for dipole.

As i got older and married and had kids my needs have changed. Today most of my listening is done on an ipod with a pair of Senheissers (I keep a pair in each car) while being chauffered.\

BTW those Sony subs are not that good. I would consider Alpine, Hertz, JBL, ID, Illusion, Infinity or even Pioneer if you are on a budget instead.

Last edited by navin : 16th December 2006 at 22:31.
Old 16th December 2006, 23:15   #24
BHPian

well navin,
after seeing bhpian's replys... i have 2 set up...
1- one really good 12inch sub and a mono block amp...
2-two 12inch sub with a monoblock amp...
which one do u suggest .... i want real loud bass... i dont want bommy bass...and is it ok if i install jbl gto 937 at the back and components at the front... cos i already have a pair of components and back speakers with me at home...
Old 18th December 2006, 13:39   #25
BANNED

Leaving all the Sub size hoopla?

If you want a lot of bass which is not boomy, then your choice is ok with two 12 inchers. You can also choose a Hertz ES380 15" and put it in a ported box tuned to perfection.

For your tastes, I think a ported box will be ok. Because you want a lot of bass. And a ported one will deliver it a lot with a little sacrifice in clarity department.
For the twin 12" setup too, the ported is the way.

But, let me tell you. This bass heavy mind will soon give up and you'll start looking for more tonal and musical perfection some months down. So, it's always better to look for a perfect balanced setup. Yes, something you can blast once in a while to attract crowds (even chicks) and also please your inner self with some good quality sound. To achieve that you'll have to sacrifice a bit on that loud bass which will knock the heads off.

So, it's upto you to decide. Do you want something which will leave you very happy now and make you a bit sad later or do you want something which will make you happy now and will keep you happy for some time to come.

And if you have a good sub setup, then you don't need 6X9"s for the rear. A normal set of co-axials will do the job. To fit in a 6X9 in an Octavia takes some job too. But a 5.25 co-axial goes in easily at the stock location.
Old 18th December 2006, 14:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
So, it's upto you to decide. Do you want something which will leave you very happy now and make you a bit sad later or do you want something which will make you happy now and will keep you happy for some time to come.
Yes, yes, yes. Well said!
Between the two choices you have come down to, either will be fine. Now it is only a matter of budget. Space in the Octavia is not so much of a constraint, so that doesn't matter.

As Zak said, it looks like a ported setup is what you'll need.

adnan, if you decide a boom boom setup is what you want, check out this listing: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ofer-sale.html

lbm always uses top stuff, so the subs must be good. These are SPL subs, so they will definitely shake your socks off. No offense to lbm, but from the rave reviews of those who've heard this setup, you might also need to pay regular visits to the dentist to make sure all your teeth are still fixed tight.

Last edited by hydrashok : 18th December 2006 at 14:28.
Old 18th December 2006, 14:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
well navin,
after seeing bhpian's replys... i have 2 set up...
1- one really good 12inch sub and a mono block amp...
2-two 12inch sub with a monoblock amp...
which one do u suggest .... i want real loud bass... i dont want boomy bass...and is it ok if i install jbl gto 937 at the back and components at the front... cos i already have a pair of components and back speakers with me at home...
Hey... think he`s looking for loud ,clean bass rather than boom....what do you think of this guys..hydra..speedzk...
Hertz 15" in a sealed enclosure And a JBL 301.1...HOw wil it sound?..wil the 15 inchers be underpowered??
Old 18th December 2006, 15:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hertz 15" sub (ES380) = 900W peak, 450W continuous
JBL 301.1 = 204W continuous (couldn't find peak output @ 4 ohms).
JBL 601.1 = 580W peak, 424W continuous

The 301.1 would be underpowering the 15" Hertz. But it would be good for the Hertz ES300 (12" sub).

The 601.1 looks like a perfect match for the 15" Hertz if adnan goes for a ported box. But the 601.1 will cost mucho dinero as against the 301.1 (I think the 601.1 runs to just below 20K. Not sure about the 301.1. Probably 15K).

The Hertz subs (esp. the Energy series) are very efficient with what power they get, so any amp that feeds 350W to 400W continuous to the 15" Hertz should drive it well in a ported box. A sealed box will need more power -- at least around 500W -- to give similar results.

But why 15"? For loud, clean bass, 2 x 10" or even 2 x 12" in ported boxes or in a single partitioned ported box would be a better bet. Smaller cone = faster + tighter bass. The 15" will be a bit boomy regardless (this is theoretical, I haven't actually listened to the Hertz 15").

Last edited by hydrashok : 18th December 2006 at 15:18.
Old 18th December 2006, 16:02   #29
BHPian

well guys... am a little confused now... first let me tell ur'll... i can shell out 25k max... thats with the full fitting and all...and as speedzak said its better to go for a more balanced set up...
Old 18th December 2006, 16:05   #30
BHPian

guys, which sub can i compare with this one...
pioneer TS-W1200F...and how good is this sub...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks