Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2007, 10:43   #46
BHPian

Well B&T nd navin..thanks a lot for the quick replies....I have two issues now...
Firstly that i have to deal with is improving the quality of the speakers....The surround is made from cloth and the cone from a plasticky material..I intend to change everythin,...surround...cone..voice coil..etc..
By doin can i improve the powr handling capability nd hence the overall output..???....Also..what kind of voice coil should go into them??...
And tweeters...a friend of mine has got a pair of blaupunkt tweeters with him..thinkin of mating the speakers with them..

Secondly..the filters or the crossovers..From the info from the sites navin suggested..nd also some more of googling...Kind of understood wht 1st order nd 2nd order crossover meant...But still have some problem understanding the extreme elctrnics terms....As my study backround is not electrnics...
Anyone who`s got XO circuits that i can use just for the midbass...can you please pm them to me...or post them out here..but thats only if its PERMITTED to do so in the forum..
rgrds,
angelfire
Old 18th January 2007, 12:01   #47
Team-BHP Support

Angel, dont bite of that much. Trust me making a speaker driver from scratch is not something you can do resoanbly well at home and without a lot of other equipment.

Do what I said...first add the bass blockers so that their excursion is limited then we will see how to add those Blau tweeters. keep in mind that these speakers will always need help below 100Hz or so.

DIY is not only permitted on this forum it is ACTIVELY encouraged. I can see Sam and B&T shaking their heads thinking "Navin has found a new bakra for his mad schemes now".
Old 18th January 2007, 12:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Angel, dont bite of that much. Trust me making a speaker driver from scratch is not something you can do resoanbly well at home and without a lot of other equipment.

Do what I said...first add the bass blockers so that their excursion is limited then we will see how to add those Blau tweeters. keep in mind that these speakers will always need help below 100Hz or so.

DIY is not only permitted on this forum it is ACTIVELY encouraged. I can see Sam and B&T shaking their heads thinking "Navin has found a new bakra for his mad schemes now".
Do you think I should give him a full drive-unit kit and be an accomplice in your evil schemes?
Old 18th January 2007, 12:12   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Do you think I should give him a full drive-unit kit and be an accomplice in your evil schemes?
That would make it too easy! DIYers love to sweat! :-) LOL

Last edited by navin : 18th January 2007 at 12:18.
Old 18th January 2007, 12:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

OK navin...will do that...guess i`l use the same capcitnce combi sam suggested in one of the threads....
Man.!!.you gonna make me sweat a lot if you get me into those crossovers...

B&T...full drive unit kit seems to be quite interstin though.....
Old 18th January 2007, 12:53   #51
Team-BHP Support

angel, dowload LSpCad or Clio or something like that it will help you understand crossovers and if I can do this anyone can.
Old 2nd March 2007, 19:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Today i made the cable for connecting my i-pod to Pioneer 4850. I didn't face any problems and the sound was better than my mp3 cd.

Some pics are attched below :

The IP bus connection on my pioneer 4850.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
So next thing to do was remove the elctrical tape of the wire and put some heat shrink tube. I did this with a hair dryer and once the tube was in its place i pulled over another piece of the tube on the original one just to make it more strong. It sure looks much more neat now
Excellant post and very useful tutorial man.

Im absolutely useless when it comes to electronics but I will definately give this a shot seeing that my HU is currently lying in my room as I wait for the new car to arrive.

Thank you!

Last edited by s0uljah : 2nd March 2007 at 19:58.
Old 3rd March 2007, 04:32   #53
BHPian

Howstuffworks "How Surround Sound Works"

Saw this on howstuffworks so as to how to create surround sound without a decoder.
Any opinions on how can this can be done in a car hu especially mine that is a kenwood krc 443z 30w*4,the one which came with the zen as factory fiitted,where all the speaker wires merge in one plug.
Moreover I also want to install my comp cd-rom to my hu despite the fact that it will skip sounds.Can somebody guide me to doing these.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:57   #54
BANNED

i was free today so made a diy aux in cable to connect portable dvd , mp3 and mobile to head unit diy is success and the sound is of good quality.i used two head phone sockets which i cut from headphones which were not working. cost is zero and time spent 10 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
The D-I-Y thread;-)-image063.jpg  

The D-I-Y thread;-)-image065.jpg  

The D-I-Y thread;-)-image064.jpg  

Old 28th June 2009, 08:57   #55
BHPian

How do I open the cover of 2DIN Slot in Toyota corolla (not altis) ?
Old 11th November 2012, 23:50   #56
BHPian

Re: The D-I-Y thread;-)

Thanks to this (Very old) thread, I now have AUX in capability on my Pioneer. At 0 cost. I had the 3.5 mm jack and cables at home and a trip to the neighboring computer service guy got me the pins for the bus. I have screwed the jack onto my Scorpio's dashboard and now if I have to connect an auxiliary device, I just have to use a male to male 3.5 mm cable.
Thanks a lot guys!!
Old 12th November 2012, 00:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

Re: The D-I-Y thread;-)

Good to see this thread has served its purpose. Ironically, i could never make the hack work right and completely ditched the setup! Post some pictures if you can.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed