Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2007, 20:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

The D-I-Y thread;-)

So after 3 months of waiting for an ip bus cable,I logged into the forum yesterday and read about the Pioneer ip bus hack( http://www.stereophonik.com/gutterslide/IP-BUS_Hack/ ).Just by chance,happened to check out the thread on how you remove the swift dashboard thingy,and I got myself interested.

So today pulled out the HU and brought it upstairs to try out the ip bus hack.The look on my dads face was wild!,i nearly got the shelling of my life till i convinced him that i knew what i was doing.

Coming to the point,Did all the wiring according to that site;soldered all the wires and put the system back.Now heres where the problem started,the front speakers played super loud,the rear co-axials played much softer and the sub wasnt firing.What could have happened??.Note,the amp powers the rear and the sub.

Chucked the wire(was some roadside crap anyways)and decided to start afresh with proper guidance and thats what this thread is for.

help me!

Navin uncle,please merge the other two similar threads into this one.

Last edited by binz : 3rd January 2007 at 20:15.
Old 3rd January 2007, 21:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Coming to the point,Did all the wiring according to that site;soldered all the wires and put the system back.Now heres where the problem started,the front speakers played super loud,the rear co-axials played much softer and the sub wasnt firing..
Did that happen only on the ipbus, aux in???

I mean, at the same time, was the cd playing well on all the speakers and sub?
Old 3rd January 2007, 22:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Did that happen only on the ipbus, aux in???

I mean, at the same time, was the cd playing well on all the speakers and sub?
Yup,only on the ip-bus aux in.When i switched to cd,everything played fine,switch to aux and...front speakers played super loud when i moved the fader to the front and soft when i moved the fader to the rear.I found this really strange especially since the amp powers the rear.
Old 3rd January 2007, 22:32   #4
Team-BHP Support

Are you sure you connected everything back properly without inverting any polarities?

post some pics of your IP bus creation. I didnt make one myself but bought one and it works fine i can check with a multimeter how the channels are connected. and get back to you.
Old 3rd January 2007, 22:37   #5
BHPian

I think you took the advice from the thread i opened up awhile ago. I've not tried it myself yet as i was busy , but i'll try this weekend.

I read on some forum that some pioneer units may have different IP-BUS pins for Audio out and ground, so you may need a multi meter to check if you are using the right pins in your IP-BUS interface. It can be something else though , i just happened to read this when i was searching for the IP-BUS hack.
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Are you sure you connected everything back properly without inverting any polarities?

post some pics of your IP bus creation. I didnt make one myself but bought one and it works fine i can check with a multimeter how the channels are connected. and get back to you.
hmm...i did do everything correctly but it was a reall crude job.Cello tape and all!Te other thing i noticed when i spliced the cable was that the ground copper wire in the cable was partly powdery(oxidised i guess).Now i know what you guys mean when you say use good quality wiring!

Anyway,ill redo it tomorrow or day after with proper "stuff" and post the pics too.

In my first post in the thread,ive posted a link,you guys please read through it and tell me if it should work or not...

Last edited by binz : 3rd January 2007 at 23:10.
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
I think you took the advice from the thread i opened up awhile ago. I've not tried it myself yet as i was busy , but i'll try this weekend.

I read on some forum that some pioneer units may have different IP-BUS pins for Audio out and ground, so you may need a multi meter to check if you are using the right pins in your IP-BUS interface. It can be something else though , i just happened to read this when i was searching for the IP-BUS hack.
I did take advice from your thread,but this pioneer ip bus thing was mixed up on 3 different threads,and it just made the most sense to start 1 thread of the same.Thanks a lot..especially for that link

When pioneer uses 1 proprietary cable(i.e. ip bus),to connect different HUs to the same cd changer/iIpod interface/aux interface,it most ceertainly isnt feasible to have a change in ground pins and the lead(whatever).I could be wrong..
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:28   #8
Team-BHP Support

1. which thread do I merge. links would help.

2. as others have said please check that you have L+, R+, L- and R- correctly located. Then make sure all connections are tight and secure.
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:30   #9
Team-BHP Support

Navinji, Is it possible to compile all these pio IP-bus doubts into one thread. this particular doubt seems to be all over the place.

Here are the threads I have seen this been discussed:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...bus-cable.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...cd-player.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ntains-hu.html

binz, is this what you did?

pioneer ip-bus connector

edit: both the links look little different. the one i have posted is for the latest cd-rb10. there was an older pioneer IP bus which is not compatible with newer HU's.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd January 2007 at 23:36.
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

pioneer ip-bus connector
Same thing,but i did it exactly in this manner:
Gutterslide.com - Pioneer IP-BUS Hack

one more thing,where in bangy can i get this MX cable/wire.Please give me an exact shop name and location,close the cmh road.

One more edit,could we please have tips on how to use a soldering iron accurately.All i get now is one big blob of that metal thingy(flux i think)

Last edited by binz : 3rd January 2007 at 23:41.
Old 4th January 2007, 09:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
One more edit,could we please have tips on how to use a soldering iron accurately.All i get now is one big blob of that metal thingy(flux i think)
Hi binz..
Here`s link for solderin wires...hope it helps...Had come across this while DIy my rca cable...How To Solder
Rest is practice...
rgrds,
angelfire
Old 4th January 2007, 15:55   #12
BHPian

hi guys,

just wanting to know if i ccan connetc multiple thing with my pio hu deh-p5650mp ip-bus...for eg 2 cd changers etc.
Old 4th January 2007, 18:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi guys,

just wanting to know if i ccan connetc multiple thing with my pio hu deh-p5650mp ip-bus...for eg 2 cd changers etc.
2 CD changers ? I don't think so. Simply because AFAIK all HU's have the menu system to handle just one CD Changer (of whatever no. of CDs). No menu item in the HU software to switch between Changer 1 & Changer 2, for example. Unless of course the HU will see both changers (connected to the single CD-changer connector) as one big changer. But I seriously doubt that.

This is not based on any fact that I know of, just based on how I think the HUs and their software work.

It would be interesting to know whether this wil actually work. At least for academic reasons
Old 4th January 2007, 20:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
2 CD changers? I don't think so. Simply because AFAIK all HU's have the menu system to handle just one CD Changer (of whatever no. of CDs). No menu item in the HU software to switch between Changer 1 & Changer 2, for example. Unless of course the HU will see both changers (connected to the single CD-changer connector) as one big changer. But I seriously doubt that.

It would be interesting to know whether this wil actually work. At least for academic reasons
Actually you CAN use two changers with Pioneer HUs. I remember there used to be an IP-Bus device that would let you do this. Let me see if I can find anything on it in my old folders.
Old 4th January 2007, 21:10   #15
BHPian

Binz,unfortunately you took the DIY too far when these efforts should ideally be left to our experts even though it may turn out be a minor mistake.
I am also looking for looking for a cable to connect portable music players to my HU but i would never open my HU myself just to find some alternate way to do it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks