Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2007, 07:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

I have always stuck to Kenwood and have both the MP3 player and the cassette player on my Esteem in India. However, when I bought a used Honda in the USA, I was forced to accept the JVC MP3 player that came with it. I was not too sure as to what performance I could expect from it but believe me I do not have any regrets till date and the unit is working absolutely fine. As rightly pointed out, JVC is a popular name in video equipment than audio per se. Maybe JVC needs to augment its marketing on the audio front.
Old 7th January 2007, 08:07   #17
Team-BHP Support

There is a JVC HU in my uncle's wagonR...

I cant exactly judge its quality cause the speacker installation in that car is real lousy... The speakers are mounted on the rear door, which prevents any good volumes to be had without affecting the quality... :(

But the HU is really simple to operate, with clear and defined knobs... Better user interface than my pioneer...
Old 7th January 2007, 08:56   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

But the HU is really simple to operate, with clear and defined knobs... Better user interface than my pioneer...
Thats some good and useful feedback. Thanks.
Old 7th January 2007, 13:15   #19
BHPian

Gunbir,
How much did the HU in the merc Install cost?
Is it available with B&W in India?
I gues its the JVC KD-AVX2?

AB.

Old 8th January 2007, 10:02   #20
BHPian

Yes it is AVX2. It might be available with B&W from JVC not so sure. We suggested this HU to customer which he got himself. I guess in grey market it is for 20-21K.

Last edited by Autophile : 8th January 2007 at 10:04.
Old 8th January 2007, 11:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

What i have seen is that JVC HU's are underrated. They are robust....

A bit off topic do we get this model here in India. JVC KD-DV6200. JVC KD-DV6200 In-dash DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

If not any JVC HU which has USB and plays DVD...
Old 8th January 2007, 12:01   #22
Team-BHP Support

You can go to JVC India to see which models are available in India.
Old 8th January 2007, 12:55   #23
BHPian

My JVC

Have been using a JVC KD DV6101, DVD HU for a couple of months now and have had no issues with it in particular... am pretty happy with the SQ it delivers but I wonder if I owe that to rest of the JBL outputs that are coupled with it, i.e., the amp, the woofer, the speakers etc (from JBL)
Old 8th January 2007, 13:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

My feedback is rather useless in ICE context, since I have JVC MiniDV. It is a good compact product and definitely better than Sony to handle, but has an uncanny knack of getting recording/playing head dirty. I can't get it serviced in Pune and I have to rely on their service center in Andheri, who are helpful but often clueless about the internals.
Old 9th January 2007, 17:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

I was also thinking about jvc dvd player as a cheap alternative to pioneer. Apart from having cool features like dvd-mp3 and usb, they also support divx playback! However usb functionality is pretty much limited in the sense it is limited to 1GB max and only audio files can be played through usb, not video. In other words, their usb interface doesn't offer an unlimited, multipurpose connection as one might think. Surprisingly, divx support is available in cheaper (without monitor) models but missing from higher models like avx1 & 2!

I was wondering about the quality of their FM tuner because presently with about 10 FM stereo channels in bangalore (and still growing) that is one feature I would be using regularly. Can anybody comment on how does it compare with pioneer's "super tuner IIID" which features in most of their models? jvc also has its counterpart of better tuner (don't remember the jargon) with some kind of digital processing for echo cancellation and the like , however it is available only in higher models which do not figure out in a budget system.

Regarding overall SQ, one guy told me that jvc may sound little inferior to pioneer if used without external amps, but with amps it should be fine. Discussion on this thread seems to support that, doesn't it?
Old 29th January 2007, 14:03   #26
BHPian

i have a jvc Hu in my accent for last five years and it has never given me any problem except the buttons tend to behave wierdly sometimes. but with regards to the other problems i have never had any quality issues at all.
Old 29th January 2007, 14:25   #27
BHPian

Oh... I've installed a JVC KD DV dvd HU in my car. No problems at all. I'm quite happy with it. The only annoying thing is the modes in which it displays the ID tags of my mp3s. It can either display the artist name or the song title; but not both. :(

SIGH! Some things you gotta turn a blind eye to when you on a budget!
Old 29th January 2007, 14:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

I have JVC DVD USB player in my Santro. It plays DIVX too!. great VFM. easy to operate. Already planning to buy an EXAD series for Honda. This ought to be good.
Old 29th January 2007, 14:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
ghostrider4385 : The only annoying thing is the modes in which it displays the ID tags of my mp3s. It can either display the artist name or the song title; but not both.
In my pioneer it's the same either the artist name or the song title or you can opt for scrolling mode which would show all the ID3 options which is not a good idea at all. There is one more option of displaying the filename, so i rename my MP3 files such that name of file = song name + artist name + movie . The above works excatly as i want them to be seen on the display of my HU.

I don't know if the JVC's have an option to display the file name instead of reading the ID3 tags.
Old 29th January 2007, 19:52   #30

Hi TSK
I dont know about the high-end models but I recently got a JVC CD/MP3 HU fom the US. Its in the sub $125 price range and in terms of sound quality and scalability (Ipod ready), the HU is an excellent buy. The bass is pretty good and its one of the few HUs at this price range which have a 24 bit DAC. In terms of looks, its by far the best with a white/red display and a sleek remote. I also saw in one of the posts further up about poor speaker installation in a wagon R. I have blaupunkt 4" coaxials at the front and JBL ovals at the back. The ovals are fitted on an 18mm padded plank and give out excellent sound. The flip side though isthat you lose out on the rear seat's folding functionality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks