Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
1.) 3 premier 12" 3000w peak power dvc sub

2.) 2 pairs pio ts 20 tweets

3.) compos

4) 6x9 co-ax 2 pairs i guess more than that
Aaaaaaaarghhhhhhh!
Old 15th January 2007, 02:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Our trips to Punjab have been dissapointing. Complete lack of products, awareness, knowledge and expertise. Very sad. We met almost all the best people in the business but apart from Sony and Pioneer (and their fakes, available in abundance) there is nothing else anybody wants to sell.

In Phagwara, though we found Auto Planet guys to be hard working and humble, they will never reach their true potential due to lack of demand or lack of initiative. Their experience is unfortunately limited to the usual Pioneer and Sony installs. If you are willing to guide them and spend a lot of time educating them, they could work out for you.
Old 15th January 2007, 11:13   #18
BHPian

well.. even a basic awareness and knowledge about audio is very hard to find even in the metros...
Even soem dealers in a place like new delhi even though they market High End stuff have not got a clue on how to install stuff....they will never have heard of damping etc...or a ported,sealed sub... SQ,SPL terminology is of course a totally alien concept....
Old 15th January 2007, 11:29   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Our trips to Punjab have been dissapointing. Complete lack of products, awareness, knowledge and expertise.
I am surprised. Most punjabis I know are quite knowledgeable when it comes to Audio (and ICE). Punjab is suppsoed to a high-income state too. I would have figured it would have been one of your major markets (given that you guys are based in Delhi).
Old 15th January 2007, 11:35   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I am surprised. Most punjabis I know are quite knowledgeable when it comes to Audio (and ICE). Punjab is suppsoed to a high-income state too. I would have figured it would have been one of your major markets (given that you guys are based in Delhi).
This is true for chd where you find very good installers.
Punjab ICE hub used to be ludhiana, but due to lot of non related factors like market sealing, fight with second hand car dealers in the major auto market etc,. things got downhill.
5 years ago ludhiana had some real good installers. but as technology has moved on, the market has moved to Chandigarh, and the local installers are in really tight spot due to govt related issues.
This has resulted in large number of fakes hitting the market, shops employing doubtful tactics to maximise profit etc.,
The level of corruption in the ICE scenario has forced honest installers to resort to dubious means.
Here is what an installer whom I know for 10 years told me.
"Sony original lenses etc., cost quite a bit and we always got those, but with many other installers resorting to chinese fakes and toting those as originals, we are forced to do the same.
Similar is the case with cables and wiring kits."
Old 15th January 2007, 11:42   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Navin, though Hydra has taken the point but I think Hertz is his personal preference. He liked them, thats why he has them in his car and suggesting others on this forum.

As far as the other brands are concerned there are more than 10000 members on this forum who can suggest anyone of them and post their personal opinions, I don't think there should be any kind of objection on expressing one's personal preference on this forum.
I agree JB. We encourage members to recommend those brands that have worked for them. However it would also be nice if members were made aware of other options (Alpine, Blaupunkt, Pioneer) esp at these budgets (Morel, Focal, Dynaudio).

Often there is a consensus (like the Sony 504/554 amp for amps under 5K)from many members at other times I too have recommended a certain product (most memorably the JBL CS series with the disclaimer to try out Blaupunkt GT series as well) usually becuase it offers a value option that is not common.

Hydra, I hope you understand my point. It was nothing personal. I do realise that you have recommended other products (most memorably JBL) as well. Given the detail list you recommend would it be too much to ask if you offered such detail for 2-3 brands? You seem to have a knack for building systems but not eveyone has the same set of ears.
Old 15th January 2007, 12:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hydra, I hope you understand my point. It was nothing personal. I do realise that you have recommended other products (most memorably JBL) as well. Given the detail list you recommend would it be too much to ask if you offered such detail for 2-3 brands? You seem to have a knack for building systems but not eveyone has the same set of ears.
Navin, I really do understand No offense taken at all. And you are right about needing to consider the different needs and tastes people have in audio.
Old 15th January 2007, 13:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I

Often there is a consensus (like the Sony 504/554 amp for amps under 5K)from many members at other times I too have recommended a certain product (most memorably the JBL CS series with the disclaimer to try out Blaupunkt GT series as well) usually becuase it offers a value option that is not common.
you forgot to add jvc amps; they start from 4.5k

now a bit OT,

at 4.5k you have the sony 554 and this basic JVC ( emm, forgot teh model, but some have here it at tbhp). Which would you guys recommend
Old 15th January 2007, 13:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

having heard the sony (but not the JVC) I'd try the JVC. Cant get much worse than the Sony. but let's get back to the topic on hand. Clipto any progress?
Old 15th January 2007, 13:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Clipto any progress?
Not really. I will definitely let you guys know about the progress. I think it will take time.

Thanks
Old 15th January 2007, 22:35   #26
BHPian

who says ludhiana is no more a ICE hub. you can get what you need, my friend got his zen with JBL setup and he does'nt know a thing about ICE( we got jbl distributer here). here most people want cheap things. you can find most expensive HU here but problem is that no body wants to wait. you have to order the things. when i went to buy some stuff with my friend. retailer was pushing in for fake ALPINE amp's instead of pio( he says fake's are VFM). that is the main problem, retailers don't cooperate. otherwise you can get anything as long as you got the money. i've seen a safari with four knickers subs four year back. system was all imported from canada. so you can't say here installs are bad.
Old 16th January 2007, 05:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose14 View Post
who says ludhiana is no more a ICE hub. you can get what you need

retailers don't cooperate. otherwise you can get anything as long as you got the money. i've seen a safari with four knickers subs four year back. system was all imported from canada. so you can't say here installs are bad.
hey bro,

cool down man. it wasnt meant to be a personal attack on anyone.

to get what you need and to get it installed are 2 different aspects if ICE. You can buy anything and everything in jalandhar but, the problem area is the installation.

Ok tell me, how many installer here in lud jal advise damping and good wiring? i have never been advised to use damping mats in my car. i never heard of distribution blocks before joinig tbhp. no one ever advised me to install front speakers, be it components or co-ax. i hope you understand what im trying to say. trust me, after joining tbhp i have learned quite a lot. thinga which even the installers here dont know.

and do tell me if there is a good installer in ludhiana as im planning to upgrade my ice.

thanks
Old 16th January 2007, 10:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose14 View Post
. i've seen a safari with four knickers subs four year back. system was all imported from canada. .
KNICKERS subs????????????????, I think you meant KICKER, right?
Old 16th January 2007, 11:41   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh dear God, They fit 4 subwoofers in your friends knickers? That's LOW bass.
Old 16th January 2007, 11:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

And what a thumpin' pumpin' LOW bass it would be.
i think he has had an overdose of Bass, what do you say ?

@clipto333. i would suggest fitting a DVD player with at least 2 screens. A must for a Safari ICE.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 16th January 2007 at 11:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks