Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2019, 19:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade gone completely wrong - A frustrating experience! Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanasu View Post
Note - Damping sheets are intact & not removed.
The problem could be here!!
Old 16th September 2019, 11:53   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN13Sleeper View Post
As a last resort, try changing the "Balance" (Left-Right) and Fader (Front-Rear) to isolate the sound to each individual speaker location. By playing only one speaker at a time, check each individual speaker for the problem that you've mentioned. It may help to identify the problematic zone.
have done all these, this was the first few troubleshooting steps we did

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The problem could be here!!
oh how damping sheets ? any particular reason you think not removing the damping sheets to be the problem
Kanasu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 20:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanasu View Post
oh how damping sheets ? any particular reason you think not removing the damping sheets to be the problem
Incorrect Installation procedure / careless ness
Old 31st May 2020, 10:38   #49
BHPian

I have been planning my own ICE upgrade on my Polo GT TSI for three months now and finally ready to go ahead next week as lockdown opens. Have literally read everything possible on this forum and every video available online.

I want to know what happened to this problem. This thread went silent suddenly. @kanasu? Did you get a solution?
Old 4th June 2020, 15:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The clips you have posted sound badly EQed where it is all bass and the middle is suppressed. Do NOT EQ the music. Use a known music source that is well recorded and contains information across the audio range. Try and use simple acoustic music that has well presented vocals
Navin ji,
Our Car with a pioneer avhx7850BT and a soundgate amp with Polk audio components and a pioneer TSW subwoofer. has a similar sounding system which is very boomy and not very high on clarity even on FLAT EQ . THE HU has 13 band EQ . I believe that the parts of the system can perform in a better way , but is not tuned properly. Can you suggest some more tips on how to tune the system to sound better. I don’t want to tune it to my taste, I want to have the system sounding more reference like.
Don’t want to paint the sound unnecessarily.

I need help on how to use the 13 BAND EQ to make the system sound better. None of the presets sound good
Old 4th June 2020, 16:33   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
I need help on how to use the 13 BAND EQ to make the system sound better. None of the presets sound good
With all gains set correctly, you will need to get an RTA Mic that will show the frequency response for the setup. According to the frequency response you get (like say large peaks/dips) you can tune the 13 band EQ to get a nice clean response and sound out of the speakers.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 17:15   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
With all gains set correctly, you will need to get an RTA Mic that will show the frequency response for the setup. According to the frequency response you get (like say large peaks/dips) you can tune the 13 band EQ to get a nice clean response and sound out of the speakers.
Thank you.
I have tried the same with an iPad and an RTA app installed just about 15 minutes back, the sound used to be very muddy earlier this sounds a little better and clearer. I knew that setting the EQ properly was going to improve sound quality but was surprised at how much the difference was.
I don’t have an RTA mic so I had to use just the iPad mic but I’m happy with the results.
My car audio guy has less knowledge than me, a seventeen year old.
So I had to tune most of the system myself.
He messed up the gains when I went to get the system checked once, the speakers were all mute. No power to amp. When the wiring was being checked the gains were changed. I have set them pretty low to avoid distortion but will have to set them properly with DD1 to check clipping and other distortions.

Another little tip.
If you find the subwoofer always kicking in and making a heavy BhRrrrr sound and rattling everything all the time, set the gain so low that you can’t hear the sub normally but only the loud thumps can be heard.

And crossover the mid bass in the door a little lower so those frequencies aren’t missed.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 4th June 2020 at 17:32. Reason: More than 2 smileys are not allowed in a post. Thanks.
Old 5th June 2020, 00:12   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin ji,
Our Car with a pioneer avhx7850BT and a soundgate amp with Polk audio components and a pioneer TSW subwoofer.
please. I need help on how to use the 13 BAND EQ to make the system sound better. None of the presets sound good
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
With all gains set correctly, you will need to get an RTA Mic that will show the frequency response for the setup.
Quote:
Thank you.
I have tried the same with an iPad and an RTA app installed just about 15 minutes back, the sound used to be very muddy earlier this sounds a little better and clearer.
You must start with all gains set so that you are getting the best S/N ratio. This differs from system to system. As a start, all EQ in the HU or amplifier should be disabled (you can enable these later if you feel the need for them).

Once you listen to your system with NO EQ and gains set to around 50-70% you will get an idea as to what the limitations of the system are. Then you can think about adding EQ.

I tune by ear. There are 2 reasons to do that.

1. I prefer to listen to music than watch it on an RTA or an Oscilloscope. I might used these devices while designing a loudspeaker but not when I am really listening to it.

2. I am old. My ears have a significant roll-off now. The same is for my wife. Hence we need to boost the highs so that we can hear them. I need a little more boost than my wife does. We have an Audison DSP with 4 presets so she can use hers and I can use mine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks