Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2007, 22:48   #16
BHPian

No i am not planning to install Sony HU. i was just checking with Deeps about his Xeta ICE sound clarity.
HU i am planning to install is Pioneer DEH 2990 or 3990. which is around 7k B&W.How much will 6850 cost? What is it advantage over above mentioned models?
Old 21st February 2007, 22:51   #17
Team-BHP Support

I dont think there is any provision for installing speakers on the indicas door without doing some chop chop of the door pads.

It is better you install the 4" in the dash directly. Try the JBL GTO427.

Since you aren't looking at a sub or amp you can go for 6X9 ovals in the rear.

The rear speakers should be installed on a mdf board tray and not on a wooden tray. It's better to go in for the same brand of speakers as the front. The JBL has the GTO937 6X9.

There are other brands which you can listen and see if they sound good like blaupunkt.

Sony and pioneer are not great in my opinion.

For the HU try the pio 4950 or 5950 think these are around Rs.7K. these are much better than the sony. If you can stretch past 8K you will get the 6950 which is much better.

So to summarize.

JBL 4" GTO427 Rs.2500
JBL GTO 937 6X9 coaxials Rs.4500
Pioneer 4950/5950/6950 head unit Rs.7K to 8K

Try hearing a few brands like alpine or blaupunkt before deciding.
Old 21st February 2007, 23:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Why not?

(Adding text to satisfy minimum number of characters)
well, to put it plainly, the reason is quite obvious. instead of 2 pairs of front speakers, a pair in the front & a pair in the rear makes a lot more sense. just plain common sense says that. a little understanding of music will say a lot more, if you would care.
Old 21st February 2007, 23:20   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I dont think there is any provision for installing speakers on the indicas door without doing some chop chop of the door pads.
Incorrect vid. The Tata Indica stock provisions are 4" in the dash and 5.25-6" in the front doors. No provision is given for rear speakers.
Old 21st February 2007, 23:30   #20
Team-BHP Support

oopsy. mistake became wrong. hmmm now isnt that funny dash as well as doors???

In that case 5.25" or 6" compos should do fine in the doors and nothing in the dash.
Old 22nd February 2007, 04:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
No i am not planning to install Sony HU. i was just checking with Deeps about his Xeta ICE sound clarity.
HU i am planning to install is Pioneer DEH 2990 or 3990. which is around 7k B&W.How much will 6850 cost? What is it advantage over above mentioned models?
Hi,

instead of buying 2990 or 3990 at 7k with b/w i would suggest you buy 5850 mph, 5850mp or 6850.

5850mph will cost you around 6 to 6.5k it has the OEL display with green backlighting and 2 preouts sub switchable. this is if you want to add an amp and sub later.

5850MP will cost you around 6.5 to 7k same dispay as 5850MPH with red backlighting and 3 preouts. you can add 2 amps and retain fading depending upon your configration.

6850 will cost around 8 to 8.5k. it has some more features than the above HUs for eg motorized face plate 7 band eq, bass boost front aux in. 4v preouts(fr,rear and sub).

these prices are WITHOUT BILL AND WARRANTY so it is upto you if you want to go for gray or not. but you have an advantage. you can buy a better model for the same price but at the cost of B/W. you are the best judge and like navin says trust your ears(speakers).

take care, have a pleasant experience in the world of ICE

Rishabh sehgal
Old 23rd February 2007, 11:31   #22
BHPian

Thanks buddy.

I am getting my car delivered this monday so i will be fitting all these accessories on tuesday.
So as of now it shld be Pioneer 5850HU+ JBL compo speakers at front and JBL GTO oval speakers at rear with MDF. I will try to add a tweeter in my dash board if possible.

There i will try to check out few more options before accepting it.
Is there any other things that i have to watch out for warranty other than cutting the wires while installing ICE?
He said for this they will install a coupler.

Is there anyone from Chennai who can recommend a good car accessories shop?
Old 23rd February 2007, 12:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Thanks buddy.
I will try to add a tweeter in my dash board if possible.
Another tweeter ?? your components already have a pair of tweeters. watch the trouble, sorry, treble.
Old 15th June 2007, 20:35   #24
BANNED

Since there is plenty of confusion re. the kinds of speakers and provisions available in the Xeta, I suggest people hear this from the horse's mouth... errr.. website:-

Indica V2 Accessories CarEntertainment
Old 9th July 2007, 13:26   #25
BHPian

Posting this on behalf of my friend who is going to pickup his xeta this wednesday, I am so happy for him!

I will go with Pio Hu, No second thoughts about that, Need help in chosing the components (need to know what is the max the door can take) and Co-axial's, Planning to stick to JBL,

The 6*9's are going to be in a custom made enclosure, Please recomend model numbers and it could be of great help if someone can post the prices in bangalore as well.

He listens to Hip hop and Trance and he likes to pump the volume to the max.....

He might add a sub and amp at a later point

Help required guys please??????
Old 9th July 2007, 13:56   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
I will go with Pio Hu,
Need help in chosing the components (need to know what is the max the door can take) and Co-axial's, Planning to stick to JBL,
He listens to Hip hop and Trance and he likes to pump the volume to the max.....
1. For Pio HUs there are atleat 14 gurus here you can help.
2. For JBL we have THE JBL GUY here . Some call him The Yeti, some call him Sam.
3. For hip hop and trance in a xeta use the 6x9 in free air.
Old 9th July 2007, 14:17   #27
BHPian

Thank you navinji, Well, I was supposed to bring choclates for the JBL guy, from Dubai, But could not make the delivery, So I am waiting for a reply to see if everything is ok -

"For hip hop and trance in a xeta use the 6x9 in free air."

Why do you say that navinji??
Old 9th July 2007, 17:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you navinji, Well, I was supposed to bring choclates for the JBL guy, from Dubai, But could not make the delivery, So I am waiting for a reply to see if everything is ok -

Free air (infinite baffle like parcel tray, not hung in the air) = boomy bass (as compared to a small enclosure), just what the doctor ordered for hip hop and trance (more of synthesized low frequencies as compared to other music?). The higher frequencies - mid & highs - are not affected.

[Navin-ji, just my 2p worth. Your answer would still be expected and enlightening]

Last edited by DerAlte : 9th July 2007 at 17:21.
Old 9th July 2007, 21:40   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What??? No chocolates?? YOU BAD BOY!!

You want me to suggest you a JBL 6X9? There are 2 models. CS3196(MSRP 3990) - VFM, decent sound and the high quality GTO937 (MSRP 4950), arguably the most popular 6X9 today.
Old 10th July 2007, 09:46   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
[Navin-ji, just my 2p worth. Your answer would still be expected and enlightening]
nah. what you said was just perfect.

Der Alte, I'll say this publiclly. It has been an absolute treat having you as part of the ICE section. I dont have to post half as much now, so I am free to just read and moderate. If only you had found us 2 years ago my post count would still be in the low hundreds instad of the high thousands.

BTW for hip hop/trance a slightly high Qtc bass reflex box really rocks. but given that these are 6x9s in the rear, free air will do just fine.

Last edited by navin : 10th July 2007 at 09:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks