Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2007, 01:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Its strange! u are creating power amplifier right! but why are u buying books on op-amps...?
Old 26th March 2007, 03:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Its strange! u are creating power amplifier right! but why are u buying books on op-amps...?
hi,

didnt buy books to create the power amp. the books are for learning purpose. i bought them to understand electronics better as i dont know much about electronics.

thanks

rishabh
Old 26th March 2007, 09:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi,

didnt buy books to create the power amp. the books are for learning purpose. i bought them to understand electronics better as i dont know much about electronics.

thanks

rishabh
Ooh! my bad!
but dude again, op amps have very different usage...
Buy books on working of mosfets,power amps.
Books by GT radio, Jaipur and manahar lotia & BPB are down to earth. Try them will u.
Old 26th March 2007, 09:39   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hi,

Thanks LBM, Ishan, Hydra, Rudra, et. al. I did not take any offence. I never do.

Chip, what's said is said. I accept your apology (in my view it was not even required) atleeast you were man enough to air your views directly (public or PM) and I respect you for that.

I honestly bear no malise or grudge. Believe me as a proponent of DIY and modifying just about every audio product commercially available a good number of manufacturers/ dealers, resellers think I am mad or arrogant or boorish or all of the above and more. I have rhino hide for skin.

As foir the 5000W amp (if it does exist) I would be most interested in seeing it's power supply. That would be the diffcult part the rest is quite easy. :-)

Many years ago (somewhere in the 80s) I had the opportunity to spend 8 days (actually it was suppsoed to be 9) at Skip Barber's School at Limerock CT. It was a chance of a lifetime especially since the expenses were paid for.

By chance on the Friday before I was suppsoed to leave for CT. I broke my right thumb playing hard (wooden) court volleyball. I had 2 choices. Skip (pun intended) the offer or drive with a broken thumb. You can guess which path I chose. Remember the US is LHD and the right hand is the shifting hand.

Point to be noted, when you are doing hairpins at 40-50mph downshifting and sliding you dont notice any pain. In fact after the first right hand corner (the coruse goes slightly uphill after that turn) and you are upshfiting from 2nd to 3rd to 4th the wail of the engine and the exhileration - adrenalian rush you forget everything. It's just you, the car, and the road.

GTO, by now has fallen of his seat. He never knew I was a car guy! :-)

P.S.
Ishan (Rags) has wrongly assumed I am in my 50s. Yes I have spent 30 odd years in audio but I started awfully young. I built a chip amp using National Semi parts in 1972. I dont call recognise it as my start in audio as allI did was soldering, the design was from a kit.

My first design was in 1976. It worked at first go and my Dad was not pleased. He told me it he would have been happier if I had bugs to deal with that way I would have learnt more.

So I am about 10 years younger than Ishan resumption. I still have a problem with SMS/Slang never mind that it is banned on this forum.
Old 26th March 2007, 09:45   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Ishan (Rags) has wrongly assumed I am in my 50s.
Well you are Sam's uncle!!!!!
Old 26th March 2007, 09:59   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Well you are Sam's uncle!!!!!
That's Bob, my alter ego. :-)
Old 26th March 2007, 10:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's Bob, my alter ego. :-)
ya sam bhai does seems to come online these days much.....Sam Bhai.....Where are you ??????????
Old 26th March 2007, 10:34   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
ya sam bhai does seems to come online these days much.....Sam Bhai.....Where are you ??????????
LBM, unlike me, Sam is young, virile and active. This forum for him is "Plan B".
Old 26th March 2007, 12:41   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks LBM, Ishan, Hydra, Rudra, et. al. I did not take any offence. I never do.

Chip, what's said is said. I accept your apology (in my view it was not even required) atleeast you were man enough to air your views directly (public or PM) and I respect you for that.

I honestly bear no malise or grudge. Believe me as a proponent of DIY and modifying just about every audio product commercially available a good number of manufacturers/ dealers, resellers think I am mad or arrogant or boorish or all of the above and more. I have rhino hide for skin.

As foir the 5000W amp (if it does exist) I would be most interested in seeing it's power supply. That would be the diffcult part the rest is quite easy. :-)

Many years ago (somewhere in the 80s) I had the opportunity to spend 8 days (actually it was suppsoed to be 9) at Skip Barber's School at Limerock CT. It was a chance of a lifetime especially since the expenses were paid for.

By chance on the Friday before I was suppsoed to leave for CT. I broke my right thumb playing hard (wooden) court volleyball. I had 2 choices. Skip (pun intended) the offer or drive with a broken thumb. You can guess which path I chose. Remember the US is LHD and the right hand is the shifting hand.

Point to be noted, when you are doing hairpins at 40-50mph downshifting and sliding you dont notice any pain. In fact after the first right hand corner (the coruse goes slightly uphill after that turn) and you are upshfiting from 2nd to 3rd to 4th the wail of the engine and the exhileration - adrenalian rush you forget everything. It's just you, the car, and the road.

P.S.
Ishan (Rags) has wrongly assumed I am in my 50s. Yes I have spent 30 odd years in audio but I started awfully young. I built a chip amp using National Semi parts in 1972. I dont call recognise it as my start in audio as allI did was soldering, the design was from a kit.
hi navin,

the amp is powered by 12 aaa cells. thought if can power my home theatre(2 aaa's) why not my 5000 w amp lol. see, my HT is 800 rms so you can calculate.

point noted navin. im still active on my amp. But my wife is after my life. rhyming. lol

navin i thought you were in your early 30's when i saw your profile pic. then i got to know you were in your 40's and now 50's. please let me know your correct age.

cheers

rishabh
Old 26th March 2007, 12:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM, unlike me, Sam is young, virile and active. This forum for him is "Plan B".
look like this only.....he is very less online....like other gurus.....
Old 26th March 2007, 13:38   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
navin i thought you were in your early 30's
born on a cold feb morning in 1963. I trust you can do the math.
Old 26th March 2007, 15:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have rhino hide for skin.
That I can certify for sure!!

Quote:

Seriously Even I've dropped off my seat reading that!!

Quote:
P.S.
Ishan (Rags) has wrongly assumed I am in my 50s.

So I am about 10 years younger than Ishan resumption.
Sorry about that, old man!!!

Quote:
He's busy. Read my signature!!
Old 26th March 2007, 17:22   #73
BHPian

Quote:
born on a cold feb morning in 1963. I trust you can do the math.
finally, 44 if my math's not wrong. date?

and i hope sam doesnt see this thread, he might kick my backside. lol. seen him doing that earlier in some other thread.

lbm, the diode i was talkig about is used in the power supply. its an ultra fast rectifier diode. should i post the specs of this diode?

thanks

clip
Old 26th March 2007, 17:37   #74
Senior - BHPian

ya sure.....and the whole circuit also.....if you can
Old 27th March 2007, 03:59   #75
BHPian

Quote:
ya sure.....and the whole circuit also.....if you can
hi lbm,

quite a few chip amps use these diodes in their ps circuit. you can see the schematic at DIY Chip Amplifier Kits, PCB's, Components and Information. or DIY Chip Amplifier Kits, PCB's, Components and Information. if im not wrong the schematics are there in the lm3886 kit. quite a few people in india are trying to get their hands on this diode.

navin,

can you check with your electronics store guy for the above diode or its substitute. i have a diode, ill post the part identification number in the morning. is there any chance you have it. also if its available in mumbai i can buy good quantity( 10 to 20 or maybe 50 pcs ) there are many diyers in india who are desperate for this diode. dont take me wrong, i wont sell the diodes at higher price, if only i get them. diyers are like brothers to me.

cheers

clipping
clipto

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks