Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:24   #46
BHPian

Re: Review: Sony XAV-AX7000 Head Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranavk11 View Post
1. Is damping absolutely necessary?
2. How and where to install the subwoofer gainer knob for snug and aesthetic fit?
3. How to properly install the HU for fully functional steering mounted controls?
4. Can I install the USB extension to the default pre-existing USB outlet in Suzuki Ciaz 2019 DDiS 225 Delta variant? If so, how?
5. I have purchased a Blaupunkt 4AWG Amp wiring kit to install the subwoofer. Will that work fine, or is it quite thick for a 75RMS Sub?
6. I have purchased a Blaupunkt DH04 Reverse parking camera, need to know the performance and longevity of the same.
1. Damping may to wonders to the overall NVH levels of your vehicle even when you're not using the audio system. It reduces road noise, rattles and vibrations and increases mid-bass and vocals if done correctly. For the best results you should damp all the doors, rear quarter panels, boot, parcel tray, floor and roof. But if you're on a budget, you can do it in stages. Audio upgrades are best when done in stages, noticing the improvement from each job done.

2. The subwoofer knob may be installed in a place where it is not visible to others, but at the same time its accessible to you without taking your eyes off the road. This varies from each car model to model and there is no one location that fits all. However look for easy to attach spots around the right side of the steering wheel.

3. For aftermarket headhunts, there needs to be a controller with a harness whose one side plugs into the stock harness of the vehicle and other side looks like an audio jack and plugs into the headhunt. Its called steering wheel control harness and it is also available commonly across car audio install shops.

4. Yes, it is very easy to connect a pre-existing USB slot to an aftermarket stereo, you'd need a proprietary to USB harness, it is specific for Suzuki models and can easily be found in an audio store.

5. That's quite funny you know. A 75 RMS sub needs nowhere close to a 4AWG wiring kit. Try 10 gauge and you'd still be exceeding. My 1000W RMS mono amp requires a 4AWG.

6. Blaupunkt parking camera in itself is quite vague. There are many different models available from that brand so read reviews about your exact model, only someone who has used it may accurately comment on its quality. However, you shouldn't go wrong with Blaupunkt in quality and reliability.

I have answered these questions to the best of my ability, but I'm in no way an expert. But I hope it helped you even if just a little bit.
city2491 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 01:17   #47

Thank you so much, installed everything. Damping had made my ciaz heavier and feels sturdy. Sony XAV AX7000 sound quality is amazing, I am still figuring out my sound, but the main purpose for which I bought sony XAV AX7000 is for 100W output to eliminate the use of separate amplifier, works fine. But Android Auto is driving me crazy with this stereo. Have used different cables, tried connecting directly to the unit (not connecting extension which came with the stereo), used 3.0 Ugreen 1metre extension cable. I use realme X2 Pro phone and my dad uses Mi 10, the cable that came with realme works fine for me. But my dad's phone keeps disconnecting or not working properly, i tried the Mi cable that comes with the phone (Mi 10), but still no hope.

Any solution/advise?

P.S I have installed the sub volume knob below the handbrake where both driver and passenger can access, its really good. But still I'm finding and tuning every day for my liking.
Old 28th September 2021, 10:23   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But Android Auto is driving me crazy with this stereo. Have used different cables, tried connecting directly to the unit (not connecting extension which came with the stereo), used 3.0 Ugreen 1metre extension cable. I use realme X2 Pro phone and my dad uses Mi 10, the cable that came with realme works fine for me. But my dad's phone keeps disconnecting or not working properly, i tried the Mi cable that comes with the phone (Mi 10), but still no hope.
I think the issue is with the phone and not the cable. I face same issue with my Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 with XAV AX5000. Whereas Android Auto works fine with my father's Nokia 6.1 .
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 17:51   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
I had been using an Android HU with a 10.1inch display, and I was fed up of the sound quality.
I am also back to square one after trying out 4 different Android HUs. Only one with a so called DSP was not making audible noise and rest were plagued with unbearable static noise. Though all 4 of them suffered with very audio quality so I have decided to go with some branded Android Auto HU and shortlisted Sony XAV AX 5000 and 5500 along with Alpine ILX w650e.

Since I don't have any personal experience using Android Auto HU, I have few doubts which I want to clarify:-
1. Since Sony XAV units have dual USB ports, I wanted to know can we play the USB music while using navigation via an Android phone connected with the HU at the same time?

2. In case of single USB port, how do you play your own music content? The music loaded in the smartphone library?

3. If the music is played using some app in Andorid Auto itself from the phone library then where the music is processed? In the phone's internal DAC or in the HU's DAC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
I was debating whether to select AX5000 or AX5500 (which costs $50 more) but decided to stick with AX5000 because I felt I don't need the higher RMS output.
Since I have shortlisted Sony XAV AX 5000 and 5500, I think you can shed more light on the particular queries I asked above.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 3rd January 2022 at 17:53.
Old 5th January 2022, 14:54   #50

True, I tried it with my new Google Pixel 6, it is flawless. My guess is it works fine with Stock Andriod Devices. Since your father's device, Nokia 6.1 is also a Stock android and my Pixel 6 is also a Stock Android.
I am truly enjoying android auto working without any issues. And the voice control also works perfectly well.
Old 30th January 2022, 22:28   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
1. Since Sony XAV units have dual USB ports, I wanted to know can we play the USB music while using navigation via an Android phone connected with the HU at the same time?

2. In case of single USB port, how do you play your own music content? The music loaded in the smartphone library?

3. If the music is played using some app in Andorid Auto itself from the phone library then where the music is processed? In the phone's internal DAC or in the HU's DAC?
1. Yes its very possible to do that. Connect your phone on port 1 and the drive on port 2, and you can play music on one source while using AA on display on the other source.

2. There are two USB ports on most units so I don't think that should be your concern.

3. The HU supports 44Khz playback over the USB port so technically its possible as long as your phone supports it. I'm personally using CarPlay with my iPhone 13 and I can listen to Dolby Atmos and Lossless audio via Apple Music. It actually makes a lot of difference, considering I've also installed an extensive sound system as well with high fidelity speakers.
Old 30th January 2022, 22:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Any solution/advise?
I used to use an android phone, that too a flagship model (S20 Ultra), but the cable issue persisted, even slight shaking of the cable would immediately disconnect AA. I think that is a problem with AA, and not the HU or the cable.

Using Apple CarPlay with iPhone 13 now and there's absolutely no issues with it. You can yank the cable around like a crazy person and it just won't disconnect! So its definitely not an issue with the HU but AA itself.
Old 3rd April 2022, 18:33   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Using Apple CarPlay with iPhone 13 now and there's absolutely no issues with it. You can yank the cable around like a crazy person and it just won't disconnect! So its definitely not an issue with the HU but AA itself.
As you have used both Android and iPhone, I would like to know if you have found any noticable difference between Android and iOS in sound quality when Spotify or Apple music streaming services are used. I hope the Carplay or Andoid auto are NOT wireless.
Old 10th April 2022, 09:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
As you have used both Android and iPhone, I would like to know if you have found any noticable difference between Android and iOS in sound quality when Spotify or Apple music streaming services are used. I hope the Carplay or Andoid auto are NOT wireless.
I have been using Carplay on a AX5000 and have found sound quality much better while steaming from Spotify and Apple Music as compared to the same source being played via Bluetooth. Even the volume difference is huge. Its a wired connection.
Old 10th April 2022, 18:03   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Av8r View Post
I have been using Carplay on a AX5000 and have found sound quality much better while steaming from Spotify and Apple Music as compared to the same source being played via Bluetooth. Even the volume difference is huge. Its a wired connection.
My query was on the comparison between wired Android auto and wired carplay Spotify or Apple music output. Basically in other words, will it ibe wise to buy an iPhone specifically for better sound quality over an Android phone (one plus 7T). My current set up consists of a pioneer 5290BT head unit, rainbow DL components on all four doors, hertz four channel amp, and an infinity mono amp which powers an enclosed Rainbow 12inch subwoofer.
Old 10th April 2022, 19:30   #56
BHPian

Quote:
My query was on the comparison between wired Android auto and wired carplay Spotify or Apple music output.
Sorry Pavi, can't give you an answer there. I don't use and haven't used Android Auto as I use an iPhone.
Old 17th April 2022, 11:49   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Apple Music has a higher bitrate but the difference in sound quality is negligible. You'd need really high end equipment to tell the difference, and a car is not an ideal environment for listening to music anyway (w.r.t SQ).

Quote:
will it ibe wise to buy an iPhone specifically for better sound quality over an Android phone (one plus 7T).
I'll favour CarPlay anyday over AA, but that's just my personal opinion as I like the iOS interface. The benefits of CarPlay over AA is a more stable connection, and better apps. If you want to buy an iPhone for CarPlay, that's understandable but do not expect significant sound quality improvements over Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Av8r View Post
This might be due to the input gain settings. Go to Bluetooth and check input level, then reset it to 0. Also ensure that while using Bluetooth, the volume is full on the iPhone and adjusted only from the HU.
city2491 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 11:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
This might be due to the input gain settings. Go to Bluetooth and check input level, then reset it to 0. Also ensure that while using Bluetooth, the volume is full on the iPhone and adjusted only from the HU.
Thank you for your input City2491. Will do that.
Old 8th May 2022, 13:28   #59
BHPian

Any recommendations on where do I get the Sony AX 5000 installed in my City in Noida/Delhi
Old 14th May 2022, 10:28   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilrs View Post
Any recommendations on where do I get the Sony AX 5000 installed in my City in Noida/Delhi
Motor concept, Kirti Nagar.

I believe AX5000 has been discontinued, AX5500 is the equivalent one.
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks