Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 12:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda City ICE upgrade & dashcam setup | Blaupunkt 10.1" Android Head Unit

Here is an additional info on your queries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
1 How is the unit performing? Is it working seamlessly or does it hang, crash and needs reset/ restart?
It is working pretty fine. A lot depends on internet connectivity on the go but otherwise seamless performance. Nothing to complain about. Just one thing that bugs me - steering control buttons were little bit fuzzy at times. I had to reset and set the steering control buttons couple of times.

Quote:
2 How is voice clarity over phone calls, specially on the other end?
Phone call quality is not as good as the OEM quality for sure but good enough for the purpose. Haven't heard complaints from other side as well.

Quote:
3 Does this unit support Apple car play? Is some additional adaptor needed for the same ?
Apple car play is supported without additional hardware. It is not wireless though. With phone app working pretty well over Bluetooth, I didn't feel the need for Apple Car Play though. All native apps with Wi Fi connectivity using mobile hotspot work amazingly well.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 12:31   #32
BHPian

Thank you so much for the super fast reply. This gives me enough courage to go for this HU. Most of the accessory shop owners were critical of Blaupunkt Android system. They have been pushing me for non branded ones or the High end systems from pioneer
Will update ones I get mine installed
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 17:32   #33
BHPian

Anyone using Minda system?
Seems to be an affordable system and also known brand/Company !

I have seen Minda 10 inch system, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM for 15k.
Old 14th September 2021, 18:21   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
Overall experience -

Having a 10 inch screen on the dash of a car with all sorts of entertainment options like YouTube can be a big distraction to a driver. So always focus on the key aspect of being on a front right seat of a car - to drive and leave everything else to a co-passenger while driving. Obviously you will look at the screen for navigation but advised not to play with touch screen while driving (as against physical buttons and dials that we are so used to).

Not so good things
  • Felt the tap response tad slow at times but otherwise okay
Thanks for sharing. The device does look fabulous in the City. How I wish that Honda had provided a better and larger screen in 5th Gen City.

I've a question on the button placement. I see that the buttons are placed in the left vertical edge of the device. In 5th Gen City, the buttons are placed on the right vertical edge of the screen. Also, I see that the buttons on the blaupunkt seem to be a bit small. How usable are these buttons? I'd prefer the placement of the buttons to the right side so that the driver has easier access. But with the placement on the left side does carry some advantages, driver need not access these buttons and passengers can operate the ICE and keep the driver distraction free. Do share your views.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 15th September 2021, 09:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post

I've a question on the button placement. I see that the buttons are placed in the left vertical edge of the device. In 5th Gen City, the buttons are placed on the right vertical edge of the screen. Also, I see that the buttons on the blaupunkt seem to be a bit small. How usable are these buttons? I'd prefer the placement of the buttons to the right side so that the driver has easier access. But with the placement on the left side does carry some advantages, driver need not access these buttons and passengers can operate the ICE and keep the driver distraction free. Do share your views.

Regards,
lsjey
For me as a driver, lesser we use the touch screen better it is. I generally leave it to a co-passenger to operate the screens.
Old 15th September 2021, 09:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post

I've a question on the button placement. I see that the buttons are placed in the left vertical edge of the device. In 5th Gen City, the buttons are placed on the right vertical edge of the screen. Also, I see that the buttons on the blaupunkt seem to be a bit small. How usable are these buttons?
These units are not made for our market. They are made for left hand drive ones so you have all the buttons closer to the driver. For some well known brands like Sony, Pioneer I can see the button are on the bottom bezel. Still nothing close to the tactile feedback that the OEM units we have by default in our cars.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 22:54   #37

Thanks, this looks awesome. In fact I had also posted a separate thread on the good after market HUs for my 2018 City. Below are my main needs,

- Android Auto & Apple Car Play
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Able to view rear view through camera

I have few questions,

- Once I setup the above HU, should I use my phone for Android Auto or is it inbuilt?
- Do we need to connect any cable when using the navigation?

Thanks a lot!!! I'm trying to find out a good HU which will help me for the next 4-5 years.
Old 31st December 2021, 10:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
- Once I setup the above HU, should I use my phone for Android Auto or is it inbuilt?
It is essentially an android player where you can install desired apps and they work natively with a hotspot connectivity. Alternatively you can mirror your android / iOS phone using a cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
- Do we need to connect any cable when using the navigation?
As mentioned earlier, Google Maps native app on android player will serve the purpose of navigation.

Hope this helps with respect to Blaupunkt 10.1" Android Head Unit device.
Old 2nd January 2022, 14:16   #39

Thanks for the clarification Yogesh!!! This really helps.
Old 15th May 2022, 17:30   #40
BHPian

Hi
I am looking to upgrade the head unit in my 2016 city vx. I am looking for a system with apple carplay/android auto (wireless would be great!). I am also looking to upgrade the parking camera and add parking sensors. Apart from this I plan to upgrade the speakers and headlight bulbs.
My main concern is to get awesome audio quality, great visibility at night and quieter cabin on highway runs.

I have come across hypersonic, pioneer, sony and n number of Chinese products for head units. As for headlights I have used osrams night breaker back in the day in my alto was thinking of getting something similar.

Any and every recommendation would be welcome. Thank you
Old 10th July 2022, 20:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
[[*]Steering controls functioning
Wanted to check - do the steering wheel call and disconnect buttons work?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th October 2022 at 00:21. Reason: duplicate word
Old 10th July 2022, 20:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Wanted to check - do the steering steering wheel call and disconnect buttons work?
Call buttons don’t work. Other buttons do.
Old 20th December 2022, 12:49   #43
BHPian

I just installed a Pioneer system DMH-A4450BT on my Honda City VX last weekend and am quite happy with the results until now. Happy with the fact it hooks up to my iphone seamlessly through Apple Carplay and also has Android Auto. at 6.8 inch it appeared to be just the right size to me without being overwhelmingly large and also allows the hazard light switch to be mounted horizontally as it was originally.

Steering controls (including calls) work perfectly. Will post some photos shortly. And BTW, it cost me 23K to fix it alongwith the panel and a Blaupunkt reverse camera with moving guidelines.

Here are the links to the equipment installed:

a. Pioneer head unit https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/dmh-a4450bt/
b. Blaupunkt reverse camera with moving guidelines: https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/Car-Acce...y/BC-DH04/164/
outdoorlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 11:55   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I just installed a Pioneer system DMH-A4450BT on my Honda City VX last weekend and am quite happy with the results until now. Happy with the fact it hooks up to my iphone seamlessly through Apple Carplay and also has Android Auto. at 6.8 inch it appeared to be just the right size to me without being overwhelmingly large and also allows the hazard light switch to be mounted horizontally as it was originally.

Steering controls (including calls) work perfectly. Will post some photos shortly. And BTW, it cost me 23K to fix it alongwith the panel and a Blaupunkt reverse camera with moving guidelines.

Here are the links to the equipment installed:

a. Pioneer head unit https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/dmh-a4450bt/
b. Blaupunkt reverse camera with moving guidelines: https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/Car-Acce...y/BC-DH04/164/
Could you provide a review and some pictures of how it looks?
saurabhrai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 13:24   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
.. a Blaupunkt reverse camera with moving guidelines.

https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/Car-Acce...y/BC-DH04/164/
Could you please share a picture of these dynamic guidelines when steering is turned to the right or left? TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks