Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2007, 22:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful car,.. beautiful Equipment and an amazing install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post

First of all,with ice, .
Now wont the parcel tray vibrate a lot when the subs plays really low ?? I mean shouldn't it get some damping ??

Last edited by binz : 27th April 2007 at 22:10.
Old 27th April 2007, 22:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Beautiful car,.. beautiful Equipment and an amazing install.

First of all,with ice, .
Now wont the parcel tray vibrate a lot when the subs plays really low ?? I mean shouldn't it get some damping ??
there is no vibration...
Old 27th April 2007, 22:47   #33
BHPian

The bass from ID 8's is low and tight and nothing vibrates in the car.

The sub level controller is a must in this install as the head unit only has front and rear speaker level output, so to control the sub level the Audison VSR controller is used.

Simple setup but mind blowing sound.

How the system is wired.

The front output of HU goes to High Level input of SRx 1 (Mono amplifier
) which gives full range preout to SRX 4's (Ch A), and the rear speaker output of HU is connected straight to SRx 4's (Ch B). The SRx 4 takes care of front and rear Hertz Hi Energy speakers.

2 X ID8v3 D2's in 0.3 cuft sealed enclosure are connected in parallel to SRx 1 which gives 350 Watts in 2 ohm.

The remote turn on is taken care by SRx 1 which converts remote turn on by sensing signal from high level inputs and also gives out remote turn on for more amplifiers.

All the cabling is by Connection Audison, 14 AWG for speakers and subwoofers and the power section is taken care by 4 AWG kit distributed in two amplifiers using 8 AWG cables.

No modifications / cutting was done to car for this install apart from two holes for Ipod & Drive + Play cables.

Last edited by Autophile : 27th April 2007 at 22:56.
Old 28th April 2007, 00:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was no going back once I met with the guys. It just happened that Autopsyche's 3000GT had just been finished, and once I heard his setup, things got out of control! Favorite track to listen to now is "The End". It gives me goosepimples!

The End ??? i think i am OLD. i don't know that song. who has sung that ? So does that mean it is really the end for Jim on your car ? i hope you have not fallen for the 'sound is more important than the music' stuff. I love the sound, but i love my music more than the sound. But thats how I am. I hope you enjoy your sound.
Old 28th April 2007, 07:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

......beautiful.....

another excellent job by our hero from Delhi
Old 30th April 2007, 11:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the clarification, Moral, Hydra, Gunbir & JB.

@JB: you mean to say the subs are driven by the front's output routed through the SRx1 & this very connection is given as preout to SRx4 ??
Old 30th April 2007, 14:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@JB: you mean to say the subs are driven by the front's output routed through the SRx1 & this very connection is given as preout to SRx4 ??
I think that's exactly what he means.
Old 30th April 2007, 14:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

This was something very new for me hence asked. Sorry if it sounds very obvious to you guys :|

I didnt knew that Sub can be driven from same output as speakers. As a matter of fact it cleared one of my query, I always wondered how can subs be run if there is no pre out for Sub & now its clear to me
Old 30th April 2007, 15:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was something very new for me hence asked. Sorry if it sounds very obvious to you guys :|

I didnt knew that Sub can be driven from same output as speakers. As a matter of fact it cleared one of my query, I always wondered how can subs be run if there is no pre out for Sub & now its clear to me
The sub out of head units is a filtered part of the original full range signal intended for the speakers. When you dont have a sub out, you can take that full range signal, and let the amplifier do the filtering. Thats what is done here. Result is the same. Only, you cant control the sub from the head unit, change levels independently etc. thats all.
Old 30th April 2007, 15:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ok that was some nice gyan

Btw why was the front's out put used for Sub & why not rear? Was it to sync the sub with Front comps so that the imaging gets better ?
Old 30th April 2007, 16:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok that was some nice gyan

Btw why was the front's out put used for Sub & why not rear? Was it to sync the sub with Front comps so that the imaging gets better ?
Either could have been used. There is no effect on imaging etc with either of the arrangements. My guess is that Autophile would prefer to fade the level of the fronts and sub with respect to the rear if required, rather than having the rear and subs constant.
Old 1st May 2007, 13:39   #42
BHPian

Old is gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The End ??? i think i am OLD. i don't know that song. who has sung that ? So does that mean it is really the end for Jim on your car ? i hope you have not fallen for the 'sound is more important than the music' stuff. I love the sound, but i love my music more than the sound. But thats how I am. I hope you enjoy your sound.
Dear Esteem_lover... only if you are on the older side would you know "The end". Its my favorite track of Jim Morrison's (The Doors).

I would admit that in the first week after installation I went around looking for tracks that would sound the best. Since then however I have fallen back to my Old! favorites. Having said that, the range of music that I listen to now has increased because, frankly, they dint sound so good before.
Old 28th May 2007, 02:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Esteem_lover... only if you are on the older side would you know "The end". Its my favorite track of Jim Morrison's (The Doors).

I would admit that in the first week after installation I went around looking for tracks that would sound the best. Since then however I have fallen back to my Old! favorites. Having said that, the range of music that I listen to now has increased because, frankly, they dint sound so good before.
Truly an amazing song! (you can tell I like it a lot) It has a little bit of everything in it.
Old 14th June 2007, 22:47   #44
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

HUMMER!!
Hey where is that hummer??
Its looking really beautifull with all that chrome on her,,

By the way loved the way you got your soundsystem done..
But does it have a good effect with the original HU..Will changing HU get some more quality output?
Old 6th August 2007, 19:35   #45
BHPian

Wow. One of my fav cars and now I seen it come with an amazing ICE install. Neat, subtle and yet powerfull. And it's iPod compatible!! The perfect blend!! Kudos to you Mojo!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks