Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2021, 08:02   #46
BHPian

GAMES on Android Auto

The article says this mode can only be used when vehicle is parked but a simple hack can take care of that just like how someone figured out you can watch YouTube videos on AA. Do we not have enough distractions already ? What next - Joysticks, controllers sold by dealer as 'essentials/kids' package ? This is going a little overboard if you ask me.

Quote:
The latest Android Auto beta introduces new games for some reason
It's not Cyberpunk, but games have arrived on Android Auto
SOURCE
Old 2nd January 2022, 14:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Music Apps & Android Auto

I have 2021 Hyundai Creta SX model and facing some strange issue with music apps on Android Auto. Somehow not all songs in a particular personal playlist show up on the AA in car. Also, when I give a command to play a song, it replies affirmatively but song doesnt play. I have tried Gaana and Amazon Music apps.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? Any inputs are appreciated.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd January 2022 at 14:38.
Old 3rd January 2022, 09:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Has anyone else faced this issue? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? Any inputs are appreciated.
Verify if the microphone permissions are in place, 2nd make YouTube music the default app and then retry. Yes the playlists are messed up, but, the rest should work well. Sometimes reestablishing the connection also helps.
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:18   #49
BHPian

I have few questions about Android Auto headunits, especially regarding music playback. But before a short background of the ICE hunt bug

I have been habitual of listening music on audio-CDs and USB MP3s in my single din Kenwood stereo connected with Audison amp and two pairs of component speakers.

Recently I started feeling need of rear camera and in-car navigation so got an Android headunit (not AA) It offered lot of features and possibility of customization but suffered from very very poor quality audio. I tried atleast 4 different types of HUs from different brands and all of them were garbage in terms of audio quality.

Now I decided to go with some branded Android Auto HUs.

Currently I am inclined towards Alpine ILX W650E. There is another Alpine headunit ILX W660E with bit of expensive price tag but I am not able to find out any difference so I think 650E is enough. Another option is Sony xav AX5500 which offers Weblink and dual USB as additional features at the cost of low volt preouts (2V vs 4V of Alpine).

I am expecting superior audio functionalities and quality out of Alpine HUs but the issue with them is the single USB input. Which means either I can keep my phone connected with the HU or can play music from USB drive, can't keep both of them connected at the same time. But my usual use case gonna be navigation and music at the same time.

So the question is how do I play the high resolution FLAC files or MP3s while using Android Auto in case of HU with single USB input? I don't use streaming services or Bluetooth audio, I like to play music in old school method using my own physical source connected with the HU. I also prefer the directory/folder file structure to access my music, I am not comfortable with the album/artist kind shorting things.

About the dual USB HUs, can we use Android phone and flash drive at the same time with them. I heard that we can't use both at the same time if we are using Android Auto.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 3rd January 2022 at 10:29.
Old 10th November 2022, 21:45   #50
BHPian

I have facing the below issue with my stock unit of Virtus.
The sound quality is quite good when the head unit is connected via Bluetooth but as soon as Android auto is connected the quality of sound is compressed.
Kindly advise a possible solution for the issue if anyone has faced this kind of issue.
Old 11th November 2022, 00:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3764 View Post
I have facing the below issue with my stock unit of Virtus.
The sound quality is quite good when the head unit is connected via Bluetooth but as soon as Android auto is connected the quality of sound is compressed.
Kindly advise a possible solution for the issue if anyone has faced this kind of issue.
I'm facing same issue with my AA unit in Rapid. I've gotten used to it in 2 yrs. Haven't found any solution to it.
Another issue I'm facing with my AA is unit not starting music apps. Have to start the app in phone first. Then unit opens the app. Have faced this issue with Amazon Music, Spotify, VLC, Gaana.
Old 14th November 2022, 11:12   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3764 View Post
Did you check for any equalizer settings in your phone getting enabled while connecting through android auto. I have a pioneer head unit and android auto quality is miles ahead of bluetooth streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash86M View Post
Another issue I'm facing with my AA is unit not starting music apps. Have to start the app in phone first. Then unit opens the app. Have faced this issue with Amazon Music, Spotify, VLC, Gaana.
For me, Apple Music starts playing by default when ever android auto is connected. Check in android auto settings in your phone if there is a way to set the default music app.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 13:39   #53
BHPian

I have had to disable the YouTube music app. In the last 3-6 months, after every time I have used it in AA, it randomly begins playing on its own will after I've exited the car. I switched to Amazon for now. There's not much help on the internet.
Old 15th December 2022, 09:10   #54
BHPian

Issue with Amazon music on Android Auto

I am using android auto for the last 4-5 months and generally had a pleasant experience. Maps, Amazon music and Google podcasts are most frequently used apps for me.
Off late, I am facing a problem with Amazon music. I can no longer browse my Playlists from app interface of android auto (this used to work about couple of months ago). But now, it only shows the Amazon curated content which I don't want.
Has anyone faced a similar challenge? If so, what's the resolution?
TIA
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 09:55   #55
BHPian

Re: Issue with Amazon music on Android Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Off late, I am facing a problem with Amazon music. I can no longer browse my Playlists from app interface of android auto (this used to work about couple of months ago). But now, it only shows the Amazon curated content which I don't want.
TIA
Yeah, same issue. Amazon Music has turned into useless junk while phone is connected in the Android Auto mode.

Current solution I found is either I use the Amazon Music app in the phone itself before moving the car, or I hand over my phone to my co-passenger to start my playlists while its connected with the Android Auto. The app will run in the car mode by default and you can access few more functions compared to the headunit version. If you want more functions then you can turn off the car mode and operate it on the phone.

But it defeats the purpose of having the Android Auto for minimal distraction while driving.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 15th December 2022 at 09:56.
tbppjpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 11:18   #56
BHPian

Yes, its very annoying to say the least and defeats the purpose of not switching ones attention while driving.
One is forced to locate and select the playlist/station from the phone

If anyone finds a fix to restore the original playlist view, please do post it here.
prashantuchil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 13:20   #57
BHPian

Tried Amazon Music, Spotify, JioSaavn, YT Music, Apple Music on Android Auto. Of all these finally using Apple Music the most.
Old 17th December 2022, 14:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But now, it only shows the Amazon curated content which I don't want.
TIA
Facing the same issue in my car's Android auto and I can no longer see my playlists. I have to go to the phone directly and play the playlist from there. Meanwhile I have switched to Spotify and playing their content. This is a bug it seems with AA and we will probably will need to wait till they fix this issue.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 09:40   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TIA
This has been fixed in the new update. I can confirm. I can see my playlist now. Took them a while to fix the issue.
Old 26th June 2023, 18:52   #60
BHPian

I'm not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue and my apologies if this has already been asked.

I have a Toyota UC with a wired AA connection to a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G and YT Premium is the preferred music player. I have a personal playlist that has been downloaded to my phone. The issues that I have had is

1. Either YT or AA is only playing the same set of songs over and over and over again and
2. On AA I cannot view the entire list of the songs in the saved playlist.

I've tried uninstalling the YT app and cleaning the cache regularly, but none of that seems to have worked.

Had anyone else faced a similar issue and were you able to resolve this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks