Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2023, 13:08   #61
pms
BHPian

Re: Music Apps & Android Auto

I have started using Android Auto on my new Alcazar. Objective is to use Google Maps on the main screen and listen to Car FM radio simultaneously.

But what I understood is that once you connect AA, car FM no longer plays and you have to play music from the phone apps (YT, Amazon, Gaana, Wynk...).

Any workaround for this as am pretty new to AA functionality?

Last edited by pms : 17th July 2023 at 13:10.
Old 7th August 2023, 19:25   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
But what I understood is that once you connect AA, car FM no longer plays and you have to play music from the phone apps (YT, Amazon, Gaana, Wynk...).

Any workaround for this as am pretty new to AA functionality?
Thats not quite true. I own an Alcazar too and i have used this for the past 1 year. You can be rest assured that the radio would keep playing when you are on Android Auto or Carplay screen. You could look at Google maps and still listen to default radio. And you can use the steering mount to change the stations without fuss. All you will need to do is press the mode button to start playing your radio or music from default player such as Apple music, Youtube music or spotify etc. The stock radio and AA/CP work seamlessly and you will be able to move between them without any issues. If you find that once you click on AA (or if the AA auto loads) and starts playing from one of the AA music apps automatically, all you will have to do is select the Mode button (steering wheel) to choose playing your radio / USB etc. The AA / CP screen will remain as is when the radio is being played. If you want to look at the Radio screen, you can manually exit the AA/CP screen.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 15:13   #63
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
Thats not quite true. I own an Alcazar too and i have used this for the past 1 year. You can be rest assured that the radio would keep playing when you are on Android Auto or Carplay screen. .
You are right, I was doing some trial and error and a week back found that it works fine.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks