Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2007, 00:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Music Wusic samjhe,
Hello, boss!! Please see what section you are in, what do you mean music wusic samjhe lol.

*shaking head* you guys and your damn engines.
Old 3rd May 2007, 09:19   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the compliments, guys. With this experience, I am slowly and steadily learning about and moving toward better ICE.

Quote:
GTO, what new equipment did you add to your old setup? I ask because the HU looks from the new Pioneer series.
Got a new 6950 only because my older HU was not iPod compatible. In addition, Navin put in pioneer front speakers.

Quote:
dumped the ts20s? and got a compo? The 944 looks like it was neglected prior to this...look at the dust\dirt.
Nope, TS20s are still there on the dash (facing skyward). The 944 was under the seat for 3 years, hence the dust.

Quote:
can you give me with details of bharat auto
Gigy, speak to Leela on 2493.2735 or 2497.0576.

Quote:
btw, any difference in sound quality between audio cd and ipod?
Yup, still finding my way around with the iPod settings.

Quote:
which set of speakers came into the front.......
Dont know. Navin would be the better person to ask.

Quote:
Music Wusic samjhe, how about a review on the other new install in the Vtec?
Ask and thou shall receive . Here you go : Linky.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:29   #18
Team-BHP Support

so there are loads of people who go to bharat. ive got 3 cars done from them.
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:58   #19
Nos007

That's a good installation now it will definatly gives you a nice booming sound that u want!

Old 3rd May 2007, 12:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great to know that you are getting the nightclub sound now. D.I.S.C.O, D.I.S.C.O ooooohhhhh, She is D-Desirable, she is I-Incredible.....

LOL. Hope you are having a great time & good to know that your Vtec is getting a new lease of life (With the ICE, i mean).
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:34   #21
Team-BHP Support

We tried JBL up front but they we not bright enough for GTO's taste so we stuck in a pair of Pios since he is so fond of that brand (HU, amp, sub, etc..)

The 12" sub is a 304C but installed in free air for the extra BOOM that IB provides.

I wanted GTO to get into MP3 using EAC and LAME but I think he just used Apple Lossless. Then again that car has 18" wheels and a whole load of performance mods (intake, exhaust etc...) that I have no idea about.

BTW
I DO NOT DO INSTALLS
I DO NOT SELL AUDIO
I DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH THE AUDIO INDSUTRY IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN THAT I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS THERE (Most are over 60)

Sorry for the bold stuff but I just wanted to make it very clear that I am just a bystander in this field. The Pros here (Sam, B&T, Gunbir, Blueraven, Autohphile, etc..) as well as some others know much more than me. I am a Moderator not a Guru.
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Then again that car has 18" wheels and a whole load of performance mods (intake, exhaust etc...) that I have no idea about.
16" wheels Navin not 18"!!
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
that is why I was thinking about.......
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

thanks GTO bhai for the numbers
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:27   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
and what does the RScome with? 16" too? I am not good at this stuff.
Old 3rd May 2007, 14:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
and what does the RScome with? 16" too? I am not good at this stuff.
Yes Sir,
Skoda RS comes with 16" standard...
Old 3rd May 2007, 23:58   #27
elf
BANNED

So navin, what you gonna charge me for a good Alpine amp with installation & cleanup?
Old 4th May 2007, 01:03   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I highly recommend Bharat Auto for anyone who is looking at a clean professional audio install. !
I completely support this statement. Bharat Auto at worli, mumbai are great professionals and do an excellent job.
i agree with both of you that Bharat Auto does an excellent job when it comes to installation but their professionalism is suspect and i would never use their services nor recommend them to anyone.

had a bad experience with them a long time ago when they were recommended to fit an audio system into our Maruti 800. they have a clean workshop and knowledgeable & friendly installers, however, it was clearly depicted by the management that preference was given to installations on high-end cars - i think Cielos and Astras were in vogue at the time with the occasional W124.

also dumped upon us were sub-standard speakers at a higher price which ofcourse, being stupid and ignorant, we found out later. no problems with the head unit which lasted for as long as we had the car.

anyways, don't mean to hijack this thread - just had to put in my 2cents - happens everytime someone recommends Bharat Auto.
Old 4th May 2007, 10:39   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
So navin, what you gonna charge me for a good Alpine amp with installation & cleanup?
Elfy, you are skating on dangerous ICE here. I know where you live! :-)
Old 4th May 2007, 10:49   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
also dumped upon us were sub-standard speakers at a higher price which ofcourse, being stupid and ignorant, we found out later. no problems with the head unit which lasted for as long as we had the car..
Bharat has been doing my installs since my back gave way (1995-96) and I have not found them to do this to me. I usually buy all my ICE from my installer so I have one neck to catch and also so that if my installer makes a little commision out of the sales they offer me better service.

There can be 3 possibilities.
a) You are comparing prices with warrany and without warranty
b) taste - "sub-standard speakers" to me might be "excellent" for GTO (sorry GTO but you are one person I know that tunes his system very differently from the way I do mine).
c) A mistake on Bharat's part. Everyone is human.

Somewhere in 1992-93 when I did my own installs a very close friend of mine came to me with his 118NE and asked me to do his car.

I recomended the components, his sister carried them from the US, and I did the install (much like Sam does for his GF's car). He hated the sound. He abused me to no end. Then took the car to Radio House (at Chowpatty) and had a EQ and a bunch of tweeters installed (they charged him a bit for that too if I remember right) and was very happy. We are still friends, even our sons are friends but we will never listen to each other's music systems.

Last edited by navin : 4th May 2007 at 10:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks