Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 13:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Wow lots of stuff happend here..

Bro Udit, had you listened the Illusion before going for them.

A lots of people on the forum love them and praise a lot about them. Audio is lots of confusion. One cannot make a fix on one thing or another there are lots of variable.

I would like to ask you something what type of sound do you like.

Smooth, Laid back or Bright, treble sound ?
Old 11th July 2008, 14:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...... Sony Xplod Head Unit Drive-S reads Cd/Mp3...
more than anything else , I think its your HU which needs to chance. Sony Xplod is crap. rather than get a new HU, you should have tried some other brands, Kenwood/Pioneer/Alpine/Blaupunkt all make some good stuff , and all of them better than Xplod
Old 11th July 2008, 15:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Rainbow 6.5" (I presume, though Rainbow does have a 4"; they even have a 3.5") coaxials at 6.5K v/s Illusion 4" components at 5K - not an objective comparison, one has to say. It looks like, as most are pointing out here, that there should have been more exposure by auditioning. Anyhow, that is past.

Which amp did you put in, Udit? Surprising to hear that the amp made that much of a difference at normal volume, since to change the basic character you would need to play around with the XOs for it to have any difference at the same volume/power level. Not that one can expect a lot of bass anyhow with 4" mid-bass.

We are all waiting to hear more, Udit.
Old 11th July 2008, 16:03   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
It would have been a good idea to buy the Rainbow co axials instead and selling the Illusions and not buying the amp at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
so putting an amp was better at least i was not loosing money there
But i will not recommend illusion compos 4 inchers to anyone.
1. Udit, if you had a probelm with the Illusion sound you should have asked LBM (since you bought them from LBM) to tune them again.

2. A 6.5" woofer has about twice the surface area of a 4" and 3 times the volume displacement of a 4". Bass is a direct function of the quantity of air moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Not that one can expect a lot of bass anyhow with 4" mid-bass.
In some installs (like Spark's dash) a good 4" can produce a decent impression of bass (if no real bass) if tuned well.

Tuning is the key, Sir DA, a good speaker can be made to sound lesser and the one can sew a silk purse out of a sow's ear if one understands tuning.
Old 11th July 2008, 16:20   #35
BANNED

Yes, it was Rainbow coax 4 inchers and Illusion compos, coax sounded much clearer. The bass i was expecting out of illusions was not there, so i preferred a more clear sound that illusions bass.

Both tested without an amp.

Thread can be closed.
Old 11th July 2008, 16:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Navin Ji and DerAlte ji.

The point I want to make had he auditioned the stuff he could have got the thing which is according to his tastes. But a lot of difference can be achieved through some tunning. I would defiantly would give you a call Udit If I am your side of the town.
Old 11th July 2008, 18:09   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
Thread can be closed.
As requested.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks