Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2007, 22:27   #1
BANNED

Wagon R rear speakers tray system

Hi Guys,

Hope all of you are doing just great...

I have a query, in my Wagon R i had initially put in blaupunkt rear speakers with a tray... i wanted to check is there a better option in wagon r to put those speakers fitted as wagonr has the option of pushing the rear seats at absoulte back...

Is there an option so that seats can also go back and speakers also fitted at the rear... i want to take the tray off....

Please suggest me guys

Waitng replies

Udit
Old 3rd May 2007, 23:13   #2
BHPian

Udit Check out this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/406694-post5670.html

It has the answer for you

Ritayan
Old 3rd May 2007, 23:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

@udit, the speakers can be fitted in the hatch door. The speakers are fitted onto an MDF board, which is then fitted onto the hatch door (in place of the plastic door-pad). This way you can avoid the rear parcel tray, and have the push-back facility
Old 4th May 2007, 08:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@udit, the speakers can be fitted in the hatch door. The speakers are fitted onto an MDF board, which is then fitted onto the hatch door (in place of the plastic door-pad). This way you can avoid the rear parcel tray, and have the push-back facility
I have seen ovals installed in wagonR hatch door... And the sound quality was very much acceptable...

Never installed install on the sides of the boot though... The sound quality qould be miserable (have seen that in my uncle's wagonR)

Boot door would be a good option... So is the parcel tray... I have put the speakers on a custom box for the wagonR... The box can be slid back and forth and the rear seats can be reclined fully...

Old 4th May 2007, 10:02   #5
BANNED

@crazy, That box deserves a sub. Ain't it?

The boot door option is good and causes less hindrance. The speakers may not sound great when playing lows but still a good option.
Old 4th May 2007, 10:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

this setup will be like two 8 inch sub .....there will be no imaging as the mids are well below the seat level.....and sound will be like it is coming from outside the car.....I would and any put them on a parcel tray.....they will sound much better there.....
Old 5th May 2007, 08:16   #7
BANNED

Thanks guys, i already have them in a tray... i really liked the idea of the hatch door... anyone knows a good shop in South Delhi to get that done... initially i got that done from a shop from lajpat nagar car market...
Old 5th May 2007, 10:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
Thanks guys, i already have them in a tray... i really liked the idea of the hatch door... anyone knows a good shop in South Delhi to get that done... initially i got that done from a shop from lajpat nagar car market...
If you can come down to Faridabad....I have a good guy for the job....
Old 8th July 2008, 08:36   #9
BANNED

Now ordered Illusion 4 inch front compos from LBM, waiting for the delivery. I am planning to goto Driven, EOK and get it installed, also will look at replacing my tray with MDF or put the rears in the hatch door.

Currently have ovals by blau at the rear, what do u recommend - should i replace those with JBL GT0937 as well.

Also help me take a final decision, MDF tray or hatch door? Current tray is that metal with some cloth stick on it.

Lastly, Driven or Elegant for this installation.

Awaiting the gurus reply on this.

LBM, hoping i will get my compos tomorrow for sure.

Thanks
Udit
Old 8th July 2008, 13:00   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Lastly, Driven or Elegant for this installation.
If you intend to go to Driven give them Gunbir's reference. Why you might even meat the man himself there.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th July 2008 at 13:06.
Old 8th July 2008, 16:08   #11
BANNED

Cool. LBM suggests Elegant as Driven might not install it. I got my Esteem done by Elegant; so now confused where to go. Help!

Gunbir sir, can you do this for me?

Last edited by udit78 : 8th July 2008 at 16:18.
Old 9th July 2008, 10:06   #12
BANNED

Since i am going for some upgrades, but i do not want to put an amp and woofer due to very limited space in the boot. 4 inch illusion front compos are on the way but what are the best speakers for the rear to balance the bass in the entire car, i can spend 5 k on the rears. Also, do i need a wiring change to put in the compos.

Help please!
Old 9th July 2008, 10:54   #13
pt7
BHPian

Wagon-R

I just got ICE done in WagonR in Chennai. The options I went for were

1 - Front Coax: The guy said there is no need to go for comp in WagonR as the front speakers are dash mount - sound stage is any elevated. Besides there were no 4 in ch comps that we could find
2 - Rear: Put 6inch coax in the Hatch Door with MDF board replacing the rear plastic. This way there is no space sacrificed (Besides I have WagonR duo so boot is anyway cut into half)
3 - Put Amp under the seat and SubBox (Sealed) - which is removable so as to remove it when want it.

The sound quality is pretty nice - Even the rear sound quality is as good. I will post pictures on a separate forum and update a link here...
Old 9th July 2008, 11:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cool. LBM suggests Elegant as Driven might not install it. I got my Esteem done by Elegant; so now confused where to go. Help!

Gunbir sir, can you do this for me?
I know DRIVEN has installed Illusion before, why would they refuse now? As for me, I'm at your disposal for any help you may need.
Old 9th July 2008, 11:31   #15
BHPian

Driven is far superior to Elegant. Me myself have used both. Elegant frankly sucks .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks