Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2007, 15:23   #16
BHPian

Gurus,
Can one of you please share the pic of an install done in a Swift VDi. My particular interest is to see if any one has installed the speaker on the 5th door (rear).
Thank you.
Old 17th July 2007, 15:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_in View Post
i am also looking for a good installer in chandigarh. any ideas guys? a thread i read focussed on how a bad installer can mess up the installation in GETZ.. worried me like hell.

@Navin
I am looking for a good HU with USB support (controllable by HU). I found GT660US (Rs. 8600) good for that. can u suggest models of makes like pioneer and kenwood which you would prefer compared to this? I think i want something better than Base model of any company.

are JBL GTO937 and 936e coaxial or component?? I also heard 936e are better than 937. it that true?? wat bout infinity Reference 9613i??

after going through more threads... i am also confused whether I should go for 6x9 or 6" in door... although i peronally think 6x9 would obviously give better sound. No sub or amp for me right now though...maybe an amp late, no sub though.
Mics i just PMed you. There are only 3 - 4 installers that do a OK OK job. None of the installers in CHD can give you the quality work. SK motors does quiet a ok job but u have to push him to do that but his attitude is not at all good. But i recently heard that some one near SK Motors "Car Auto Shop" etc is pretty good at installation but that installation comes at a cost. . Never tried him though.

Micks you can get JVC USB HU for around 5K.
Old 17th July 2007, 18:04   #18

hmmm... what about the support for systems like JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine etc?? is it easiliy avialble in chandigarh?? I guess it is much more imporant compared to support for Speakers.
Old 17th July 2007, 21:16   #19
BHPian

my 2 cents based on experience..

dont go for sony xplod speakers, have them on my Getz and am not too excited; tried fixing a friend's pioneers which sounded much more reallll!!
have personally not evaluated JBL's yet..

while evaluating head-units at circuit city, found my pioneer HU to be way better than any sony out there..its just that sony gives you more fetures at a lower price (USB, Bluetooth, etc)..
Old 17th July 2007, 23:37   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_in View Post
hmmm... what about the support for systems like JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine etc?? is it easiliy avialble in chandigarh?? I guess it is much more imporant compared to support for Speakers.
There are 3 reasons I do not recomend a specific brand.

1. You should listen and buy what suits your ears and your music
2. I am a moderator here and my opinion can falsely imply that those speakers I am recomending are becuase of my personal relatiohships
3. I want to help ICEers to learn to fish instead of spoon feeding them. One day (soon I hope) I plan to hang up my hat, be like a fly on the wall and smile to myself.
Old 18th July 2007, 11:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
One day (soon I hope) I plan to hang up my hat, be like a fly on the wall and smile to myself.
Bon chance, mon ami, c'est ne pas possible - je peux toi défier!

The older you will become, the more you will feel the need to bring up more & more of others and "clean up your hard disk", so to say. After a lot of iterations your hard disk will contain only what matters - the ultimate achievement, a.k.a. nirvana, the 5th state of man.

It is a trait for anyone who has passionately pursued anything, despite any traumas caused by bad 'students'. It comes hard-wired in you, and no firmware update can change that. It becomes one's raison d'etre and a personal challenge - you already know that, n'est-ce pas?
Old 18th July 2007, 12:16   #22

hmmm... since I intend to install my ICE today, this is what i have zeroed in on uptil now:

1. Sony CDX-GT660US Head Unit (cuz i want USB support in my car) - 8.3k
any other suggestions for with USB within 9k-10k are most welcome. Looking for great SQ and preferably with B&W though

2. JBL CS2165 front speaker - about 2.1k i think

3. JBL GTO937 rear speakers - about 4.9k

all with B&W.

aintend to get this done by evening, unless i get better suggestions for HU. I was told the pioneer HU with USB comes at a minimum of 13k. Another option given was a Delphi Grundig unit with card reader, USB, I-pod ready at about 7k. Any comments everyone??
Old 18th July 2007, 12:24   #23
BHPian

Der alte...No showing off foreign languages here.. lol ... Hindi mein bolne ka kya...

Last edited by sk456 : 18th July 2007 at 12:26.
Old 18th July 2007, 13:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Der alte...No showing off foreign languages here.. lol ... Hindi mein bolne ka kya...
Haan, magar apani gaadi me gaana-vaana bajane ka hai, to fir hindi nahi mangta hai, kya... uske mamle me yaha sab foren ka hich item chalta hai... samjhe bhidu?
Old 18th July 2007, 13:12   #25
Team-BHP Support

Hindi to me is often like a foriegn language!

Some years back a cop in Mumbai pulled me over. He claimed I had changed lanes without indicating. In Mumbai seriosuly!

Anyway, he asked me what I do etc.. and then told me he had a pain in his stomach. I, being an idiot, prescribed him Gaviscon (which is an antacid similar to Gelusil) only to find out later from a doc-friend that Gaviscon is not available locally (or was not at that time). The "Pain" in the cops stomach was coloquial for baksheeh!
Old 18th July 2007, 14:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Navin-ji, Hindi is spoken on Akashvani and Doordarshan. You are referring to Bambaiya or Mumbaiya language "Pyet main darad hai na baba" as opposed to "Mahashay, mere udar mein peeda ho rahi hai"! (Udar=stomach, udhar=there)

Seriously OT (sorry): This is a world malaise. I was once asked by Changi Airport cops whether I spoke Urdu. I said yes, I do (any moderately educated North Indian would). I was asked to be the interpreter for a gentleman (from across the border) who had been royally ripped off by an agent who had sent him to Seoul for "phoren job". He had been promptly thrown out of Seoul, was stuck in Changi as he had missed that day's flight and, since he didn't know English, was unable to explain his predicament to anyone. He spoke Punjabi all the time, and he said that is Urdu.
Old 18th July 2007, 15:26   #27
BHPian

French and now urdu.....what next der alte...!!!!!!!!
Old 18th July 2007, 15:35   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
French and now urdu.....what next der alte...!!!!!!!!
Sometime ago it was German. Der Alte is the whole damn UN rolled into one man.
Old 18th July 2007, 18:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Hindi to me is often like a foriegn language!

Some years back a cop in Mumbai pulled me over. He claimed I had changed lanes without indicating. In Mumbai seriosuly!

Anyway, he asked me what I do etc.. and then told me he had a pain in his stomach. I, being an idiot, prescribed him Gaviscon (which is an antacid similar to Gelusil) only to find out later from a doc-friend that Gaviscon is not available locally (or was not at that time). The "Pain" in the cops stomach was coloquial for baksheeh!
So how much did you pay the cop or did you leave a stunned cop behind and zoom off?
Old 19th July 2007, 12:09   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis View Post
So how much did you pay the cop or did you leave a stunned cop behind and zoom off?
i did not pay him. I did not know I had to. in any case I do not subscribe to that theory so I'd have ginve him my license if he had asked for it.

I just left him with the prescription.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks