Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 12:53   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
it is the group with long beard and I have there popular song "legs" on hot tracks which used to come on DD when I was in school...
Same group but their older stuff was much better. You really ought to listen to stuff like Tush, Just got Paid, Jesus left Chicago, Francine, Balinese, and Sheik.
Old 28th May 2007, 13:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The way i set up a fader is to run it all the way to the front then keep pushing it to the rear one step at a time. When I can hear the rear (even a bit) I stop. Why?

a) The rear speakers are usually very close to the ears of the rear passengers so it should not be too loud

b) I dont want to mess with the front sound stage. The rears only provide a bit of fill for the rear passengers.
Navin, does this mean that your front speakers are usually BIGGER than the rear..usually the rear ones are the 6X9s and the front the component ones..can you clarify??

I too would prefer a front sound stage and i also get it on my accent..I'll check what i've got and get back in the meanwhile!!
Old 28th May 2007, 14:00   #48
Team-BHP Support

Not necessarily bigger but the front ones need to be more powerful than the rear. The sound should appear to be coming from the front and not from the rear of the car. Hence if you have good front speakers and just rear fills only if you have rear passengers you will have a front soundstage.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:43   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

Navin, does this mean that your front speakers are usually BIGGER than the rear..usually the rear ones are the 6X9s and the front the component ones..can you clarify??

I too would prefer a front sound stage and i also get it on my accent..I'll check what i've got and get back in the meanwhile!!
a) In my Octavia, my mom's NHC and my wife's Sail the front speakers are bigger or equal in size to the rear.
b) The use for 6x9, 6x8, 5x7, etc. in the rear came from teh fact that most cars did not have space in the front for a speaker that made decent bass. So the rear speaker does some of the bass duty.
Old 29th May 2007, 20:50   #50
BHPian

Can I add another pair of 607c for the other 2 rear doors for my existing setup ? and use the existin 75.4 amp or do i have to get another amp?
my setup:
JBL 607c
JBL 937
JBL 75.4
JBL 4-12
Old 29th May 2007, 21:34   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

You are doing fine so far. No need to add another pair of speakers, really.
Old 30th May 2007, 02:00   #52
BHPian

SAM ! where's the monster Doll ?
Old 30th May 2007, 10:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
SAM ! where's the monster Doll ?
Hey romeyo......go to bombay and meet Sam Bhai there and ask for the doll he would never say no.....
Old 30th May 2007, 11:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
a) The use for 6x9, 6x8, 5x7, etc. in the rear came from teh fact that most cars did not have space in the front for a speaker that made decent bass. So the rear speaker does some of the bass duty.
Thanks so much that clarified my doubt!
Old 30th May 2007, 12:45   #55
BHPian

Hey romyeo... good on ya mate, great install and the front comps thats something else man. Tell me something, I know you are yet to get the damping done, inspite of it how are the distortions due to vibrations on the front doors, are they unbearable or become so after a particular increase in volume?

Would love to check your ICE at the next meet, hope there is one soon.
Old 30th May 2007, 15:27   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Hey romeyo......go to bombay and meet Sam Bhai there and ask for the doll he would never say no.....
: I hope its not DJ Doll ( Kaanta laga )
Old 30th May 2007, 15:33   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Hey romyeo... good on ya mate, great install and the front comps thats something else man. Tell me something, I know you are yet to get the damping done, inspite of it how are the distortions due to vibrations on the front doors, are they unbearable or become so after a particular increase in volume?

Would love to check your ICE at the next meet, hope there is one soon.
I played around with settings here's the conclusion

with BASS + 4 or 3 and the volume of 15 it rattles esp the hatch handle , if i open the hatchback distortion is less and i didn't hear much vibrations till volume 20 if the hatch is opened.

if Bass is 0 or 1 hardly any distortion.

the main vibrations are coming from the Hatch handle , rear door .

volume till 10 - 15 not much vibration above 25- 30 unbearable vibration and bloody my ears are resounding with.
Old 30th May 2007, 15:41   #58
BHPian

The rear number plate is what rattles the most in a Santro AFAIK. What I have done to remedy the situation is I have removed the Plate and stuck on a Sticker instead which does look like the Plate (same dimensions and RTA measurements on fonts etc). This has reduced the Vibrations by atleast 50 ~ 60%. For the doors and other vibrations just ask your door guy to tighten up stuff when you get near a garage and that might give you a 10% or so relief for some days. This could be done till you get your damping done. Small relief till it undergoes the treatment.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:01   #59
BHPian

Quote:
thanks god atlest he is powering them with 3 amps....and that to 944 atleast he knows how much power is required...I have a install in which there was 6x9 and a sub and a ts-20 all driven from a single and the mighty sony 222...and the owner was enjoying the distortion....lol

dragon and bheja fry....nice name....
hey, i had a palio. i had installed a pair of ts 2150 speakers at the rear with ts-20 in the front. there were 2 12" pio 304 subs. all this equipent was powered by a single 944 amp. the subs were wired in stereo. the tweets and rear co-ax were powered by the remaining 2 channels. the HU was a pio 5650 mp3 player with a 12 cd changer. the setup was really good for me at that time when i could only think of pio and nothing else. lol.

cheers
clip
Old 30th May 2007, 16:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

it was like this because anything else which was available in the market was not better than the pioneer but nowdays we can get some exotic stuff like DLS, STEG etc.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks