Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2007, 21:40   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
1.Pioneer 6850 Mp3 player
2. Two 306 Dvc SUbs (Pioneer)
3.Pair of Pioneer 691s Yellow cone Speakers with inbuilt crossovers.
4.Pioneer 6500 Equalizer
5. Three amplifiers (Alpine 604, Sony 222, silicon 1000 wt)
6.Pair of Sony front door speakers
7.Pioner Ts-20

All the things are installed in a box in the boot which looks preety good but still I want a custom boot to make it look more cool.
You mean to say you go 2 12" subs and 2 Pio 691 in acustom box in the boot along with the amp.

firstly the box looks awfuly small for so many speakers. what is the depth of the box?

What I would suggest is putting the 2 12" in individual boxes in the center and moving the 6x9 to the sides.

then i would suggest adding a 10ohm 10Watt resistor in series with the TS20 that would reduce it level so it is not so harsh.
Old 25th June 2007, 00:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I am never gonna post the pics of my system on forum ever.
BTW how do you that is fake amp

If you will not post any pics how will you improve....are you related to carlover

and it is a fake alpine and it sell for 3.5k ....it is quite popular here in Freedabad.
Old 25th June 2007, 00:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Here is a pic of a fellow members (Yayaati) ICE....its a DIY custom boot setup in a swift.
But guys he has done a excellent job...it was his limited knowledge he has done a good one....but he is upgrading his enclousre very soon...
Old 25th June 2007, 01:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
lol lol, I am very sorry abhibh, this is the first time in my life I've ever said something bad about an install.

Please don't be discouraged. I got terribly upset, mainly because his speakers are mounted one above the other, which is just plain dumb.

Besides it's not carlover's fault. It's his stupid installer.

abhibh. It just sounded very funny the way you said that. I could almost picture your face.
LOL even i was joking. I know we have stupid installers here who doesnt even know whats dampening but its not that bad. They have one common enclosure which is ok ok.. I was more worried about the amp and wirring which is visible to open eyes but not like the way in carlover's wiring and boxes are not of very good quality. I like the enclosure of LBM's Swift i want something like that and love the speakers installation in SpeedZaks car but none of the installers here can provide that type of installation. The worst thing we get here is the RC cables...

99.99% ICE guys here suggest to go for PIO or KENWOOD and when i ask them i need JBL they say "WOH toh aise hi hai.. PIO ka mukabla nahin hai" lol... I think they get less margin in JBL items but when we force them they provide us the stuff but without B&W and with bill and warranty the stuff is more costly than what one can get on Rediff..

And almost none of the guys here knows who is SAM KAPASI ... I think they know Samji by the full name "Sam...". Will try that next time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
If you will not post any pics how will you improve....are you related to carlover

and it is a fake alpine and it sell for 3.5k ....it is quite popular here in Freedabad.

And the same amp sells here for 2.8K i think its VFM if it keeps on working. and nah i m not related to carlover but almost 50% cars here you can find with that fake alpine amp.

But i think there should be a JBL shop here too in Chandigarh at least we can get the stuff good with B&W.

HERE are the pics of common enclosure we get here. After seeing install pics on Team-BHP i think this is also bad:

Sorry for the pics quality. They were taken at around around 10 at night..

P.S. I hope LBM sells me his custom boxes when he is ready to get rid of them lol

Last edited by abhibh : 25th June 2007 at 01:09.
Old 25th June 2007, 01:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

the pics are not doing any justice...take new ones in the daylight and post again.
Old 25th June 2007, 23:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Ok here are the new pic:

Old 26th June 2007, 00:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

hmm I did not thought the enclousre would be this big..what are the dimension there.
Old 26th June 2007, 00:29   #23
BHPian

Hey Abhibh,

Where did you get the installation done from??

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 26th June 2007, 09:33   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
mama mia that thing must rock! it is big box!
Old 26th June 2007, 09:51   #25
BANNED

Carlover isnt these Amps are working as a seat warmer too.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
mama mia that thing must rock! it is big box!
ya it pounces better than autopsyche HETRZ 21" lol...

Seriously this is the common box u will get there. No matter u are driving a Skoda or M800 you will see this box. Only some people get the box custom made and that too they don't go by dimensions.

@LBM i will get the dimensions today.

@jsrakkar lol it doesnt matter where i got the installation done. It will be same at any shop in Sec 28. Though i think the installation has been done by SAI autos, and please stay away from him. The best guys (LMAO) are either CAR LIFE, DEEP AUTO or SK MOTORS. Even Auto Centre Accessories guy is good but i have never been to him.. And SK motors guy has a lot of attitude and he won't even talk properly...
Old 26th June 2007, 10:22   #27
BHPian

I Agree

Hi Abibh,

I totally agree with you.... Installation in Chandigarh is pathetc no matter which installer you go to.

And that SK Motors guy has got too much attitude, but his installers are nice........ even i got my M-800 ICED from him a few months ago.

Where are Car Life and Deep Motors located? Sector 28?

@Sam ji: I guess Chandigarh qualifies as the next city where you could open your shop..... we badly need quality ICE outlets here with installation skills to match ......... !!!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Last edited by aah78 : 14th August 2007 at 01:37. Reason: additional smiley removed
Old 26th June 2007, 10:32   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

That box is really too big for the woofer inside. Atleast twice as much.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
And that SK Motors guy has got too much attitude, but his installers are nice........ even i got my M-800 ICED from him a few months ago.
Ya i agree his installers are good, but the amount of attitude the guy has puts one off of getting stuff installed from him and his prices are like he is importing from US lol.

Quote:
Where are Car Life and Deep Motors located? Sector 28?
Car life and Deep is located near 27 - 28 lights. SCO of deep is 136, Sector: 28-D and Car life is just 2 shops next to him.

Quote:
@Sam ji: I guess Chandigarh qualifies as the next city where you could open your shop..... we badly need quality ICE outlets here with installation skills to match ......... !!!
I second that!!!! Is LORD OF YETIS listening or should we prepare ourselves for a long exile and pray to LORD OF YETIS and eventually the LORD will appear and granted our wish

Last edited by aah78 : 14th August 2007 at 01:38. Reason: quoted post edited
Old 26th June 2007, 10:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@LBM i will get the dimensions today.
will be waiting for the same.. and remember to measure the port length also.

Most Viewed