Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 12:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
OT at 5pm and OT at 8pm is a big difference.
I had thought you are referring to "Off-Topic at 5pm" and "Off-Topic at 8pm" difference. Realized that "there is something black in the pulses"

BTW, what's with the changed avatar? To my myopic eye it looks like you have starred in a comic strip about musicians or something (I wouldn't disbelieve it were it to be so )!

@panky-bhai, pics are in order (for the enlightenment of the uninformed souls here) if you do make it to "OT" at 8PM or later.
Old 5th July 2007, 12:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
yaar SAM, that guy doesnt has Pio....else he'd been my 1st choice!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Yeh kaisa grey marketeer hai???? Doesn't sell Pioneer?

This is like a tailor that doesn't stitch clothes!! A barber that doesnt cut hair!! A Pizza hut that doesn't sell Pizza!! A plumber that doesn't enter bathrooms!! An underwear with no room for legs!! A chair with no back or bottom and missing legs!! A jeweller that doesn't sel silver or gold and hates diamonds!!! A dentist that can't bear to look at anyone's teeth!! A Gynaecologist that is afraid of cats!!

You get my drift.

Grey marketeer sells JBL, but no Pioneer!! Thuuu! And laanat also.
I also dont agree here he does not sell pioneer but sells JBL very strange..

no problem go to Karol Bagh there is a huge car market get it from there.
Old 5th July 2007, 13:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is like a tailor that doesn't stitch clothes!! A barber that doesnt cut hair!! A Pizza hut that doesn't sell Pizza!! A plumber that doesn't enter bathrooms!! An underwear with no room for legs!! A chair with no back or bottom and missing legs!! A jeweller that doesn't sel silver or gold and hates diamonds!!! A dentist that can't bear to look at anyone's teeth!! A Gynaecologist that is afraid of cats!!

You get my drift.
Yeah, it's like a Sam without JBL, a Gunman without Hertz, LBM without his ID subs and iridiums, and a Navinji without aperiodic-transmission-line boxes (or whatever they are called) and hand-tweaked crossovers!!!
Old 5th July 2007, 13:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

That's weird, such a grey market shop wouldn't even last a month here if he did not sell Pioneer!!

Quote:
A Gynaecologist that is afraid of cats!!

You get my drift.
Yes we do Sam, yes we do
Old 5th July 2007, 13:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You get my drift.

Grey marketeer sells JBL, but no Pioneer!! Thuuu! And laanat also.
Drift? Monsoons must be affecting much more - this is more like a flood!!!

@Panky-bhai, your vendors are under severe doubt - aapki izzat ka sawaal hai!
Old 5th July 2007, 13:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

no no guys he must have taken few than extra pegs due to the excitement of going to abroad. and that to Singapore.
Old 5th July 2007, 14:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
no no guys he must have taken few than extra pegs due to the excitement of going to abroad. and that to Singapore.
@Panky-bhai, along with all the other preparations, make sure you acclimatize yourself in a fish market, warna khana halak se neeche nahin utrega aur kopitiam ka maitipok ho jayega.
Old 5th July 2007, 14:55   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
BTW, what's with the changed avatar? To my myopic eye it looks like you have starred in a comic strip about musicians or something (I wouldn't disbelieve it were it to be so )!.
A comic strip it was!

That git has an maple neck, ebony fret board, grover heads, Dimarzio Chopper and other custom pickups, Flyod Rose tremelo arm and can produce 14 distinct tones using the 5 way switch and 4 push-pull switches (built into the volume and tone knobs). It is also terribly heavy and fast. real fast. like 700 notes a minute fast. like vai-malmsteen fast.

I built it in 1992 but stopped playing in 1993. It wa my last hurrah to the world of guitar amps and stuff like that.

P.S. It also has my name engraved in Mother Of Pearl on the neck. The "i" in navin is on the 12th fret (1 octave) and the "i" in Advani is on the 3d fret (my fav capo fret). No other fret markings.

Last edited by navin : 5th July 2007 at 14:57.
Old 5th July 2007, 15:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
BTW, what's with the changed avatar? To my myopic eye it looks like you have starred in a comic strip about musicians or something (I wouldn't disbelieve it were it to be so )!
It was the earlier avatar of Navin Ji when I joined the forum
Old 5th July 2007, 18:11   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
It was the earlier avatar of Navin Ji when I joined the forum
Yup it was but it was me in 1992-3 so i figured it was a misrepresentation of what I currently look like and changed it. Now I am using it till I find something that is less objectionable.

Dosen't anyone this ICE section play an instrument, or tinker with Marshalls, Fenders, Strats, Lexicons, PCM machines etc.?

Last edited by navin : 5th July 2007 at 18:13.
Old 5th July 2007, 18:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup it was but it was me in 1992-3 so i figured it was a misrepresentation of what I currently look like
Hehe... I used to think of you as probably a college going teen, for long!
Old 5th July 2007, 19:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That git has an maple neck, ebony fret board, grover heads, Dimarzio Chopper and other custom pickups, Flyod Rose tremelo arm and can produce 14 distinct tones using the 5 way switch and 4 push-pull switches (built into the volume and tone knobs). It is also terribly heavy and fast. real fast. like 700 notes a minute fast. like vai-malmsteen fast.
I am (and will be, for the next few days) speechless...

What, and where, were you playing?

Quote:
I built it in 1992 but stopped playing in 1993. It wa my last hurrah to the world of guitar amps and stuff like that..
That explains some parts in your writings (you haven't answered my earlier question about the book), Germany and a little bit of USA. The reason why you stopped must have been something traumatic so I wouldn't ask (I had one, I can empathize).

Quote:
P.S. It also has my name engraved in Mother Of Pearl on the neck. The "i" in navin is on the 12th fret (1 octave) and the "i" in Advani is on the 3d fret (my fav capo fret). No other fret markings.
OK, I'll take your word for it. Tried doing a CSI-style image enhancement on your avatar - nope, FUBAR. How about hosting the 'strip somewhere?
Old 5th July 2007, 19:20   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dosen't anyone this ICE section play an instrument, or tinker with Marshalls, Fenders, Strats, Lexicons, PCM machines etc.?
Sir I used to play the guitar for many years, till I broke my ring finger at about age 15. I was told I was good at it.

Currently I tinker with lexicon (my profession) and play with my whammy bar (my hobby)
Old 5th July 2007, 19:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup it was but it was me in 1992-3 so i figured it was a misrepresentation of what I currently look like and changed it. Now I am using it till I find something that is less objectionable.
I could figure out who it was in the avatar, since - except for the lines on the face and a few kilos - nothing was different (angles, proportions, characteristics... schließlich bin ich der Alte von der Detektivserie)

Quote:
No one asked so far!

Stand up, people, and let thyself be known by thine cry!

Me, I never had any money when all that mattered, so I made my own (Electric Hawaiian, all teak, parts from music shops in the bylanes of Kashmiri Gate - brand unknown). Stopped in 1984 - got married
Old 5th July 2007, 19:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I used to play my P-80RS with the PXA-H701 along with the required stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks