Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 00:52   #136
Senior - BHPian

That's nice to hear.
Also i think the TA measurements are better done without a measuring tape.
Do try fiddling a bit here and there. Maybe you will find some settings better than the current TA inputs.

Also the carbon + GZ combo is pretty good and does not need any hole to be made in the parcel tray to allow bass to get directly into the cabin.
TA and a good box (which you already have) + right tuning would make it just about the perfect quality and integrated bass.
Old 5th August 2009, 02:21   #137
Senior - BHPian

conggggratulations Razor. I am very impressed by the attention to detail, and emphasis on correct installation
Carbon + XD-AL is a formidable combination and there are very few systems that can match up to their finesse.
Love the hands, not the tools, as they say. Let it be this way in this case too!
Enjoy the music and concentrate less on the technical part and more on the music, and rest assured, that every single kilometer you traverse in your now reinvented Phoenix, you are going to thank God again and again for providing the beautiful gift, that is music.
Cheers!
Old 5th August 2009, 10:14   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post

No holes needed - the sub's effect is more than enough as is. In fact, I've had to keep the gains real low to prevent it from dominating the setup!
Yes the vibrations will be heard of course, but i've always felt the need of a port in the parcel tray for bass to travel inside the cabin, particularly in a sedan, for the top end whack to be audible. I am not saying that it would be sounding bad, Anyways, to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

Also the carbon + GZ combo is pretty good and does not need any hole to be made in the parcel tray to allow bass to get directly into the cabin.
Err.. What has carbon+GZ combo to do with bass traveling inside cabin .
Old 5th August 2009, 11:50   #139
Senior - BHPian

what i meant was there is enough mid bass and sub bass in the cabin even in a sedan that one doesn't require a hole in the parcel tray.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:05   #140
Senior - BHPian

congrats razor.. thats some serious stuff!
Old 5th August 2009, 12:11   #141
BHPian

Thats a awesome install brother! Awaiting for an audition. And that cable thing was nothing. L&T'ites can do tinywiny things for friends you see
Old 5th August 2009, 14:53   #142
Senior - BHPian

@abhinav: Yup, have already tweaked the TA settings a bit. The measuring tapes were used to note the actual distances and start with them as a baseline. Modified them as per my preferences, and will continue to do so over the next few days. Will play with the amp gains, HPF/LPF also.

@Frank: Well said - in the end, technicalities don't matter - the music does. And that will always be my priority - to enjoy the music

@panky, sid: Thanks!
Old 5th August 2009, 15:14   #143
Senior - BHPian

Don't play with the HPF and LPF at the amp end.
Play with them at the HU end.
Though i feel the Carbon ND6 is best either at 63 or 80.
But depends on a lot of factors. Do fiddle with it until you are completely satisfied
Old 5th August 2009, 15:31   #144
Senior - BHPian

Nicely done...And Congrats Razor. Enjoy ICE.
Old 5th August 2009, 18:05   #145
Icy

Just took my 2nd demo of the day and still want more ... the experience can be summed up by a couple of statements I made to Razor during the 1st demo:

a) Cut out this cabin and hand it over to me as a gift .

b) A shake of my head to which Razor asked "What happened ?" ... I just said "well its a resigned acceptance of the fact that soon I got to get out of this car and I am unsure when is the next time I can get to experience the most amazing ICE setup I am aware of".

For someone not an audiophile, it's freaking amazing ... crystal clear sound, frequency differentiation is amazing, good bass, rear speakers ain't missed, TA - a brilliant innovation ... you got to listen to believe. Congrats dude on an amazing setup ... you should feel extremely satisfied and proud.
Old 6th August 2009, 22:26   #146
BHPian

You always had great ICE in your Phoenix. When you thought of an upgrade, I felt "What more are you looking for? What you have now, is great". Then when you mentioned the price of the front components and the sub, I was little worried. Is it really worth? What if its not that great? How more clear can sound be compared to what you have?

All these got answered after couple of months, when I finally made it to the demo after the install. I am just short of adjectives to describe my experience. As ICY mentioned, the frequency differentiation is amazing. I would personally give more points to the Carbon than to the GZ sub.

The best part was the Timing Control. I really felt that someone is playing the drums in front of the passenger seat. The last time I experienced something similar is when I demoed the Bose system. It works like a camouflage. You feel that the the sub is playing in front of you, whereas its 3-4 feet behind you hiding in the Noise Kill covered boot.

Finally the 50 sq ft Noise Kill paid off. You don't hear anything, not even a rattle, when you step outside the car.

I am sure it will take sometime for all of us, who made it inside that sound proof cabin to realise that we don't stay with Harry Potter in the world of Magic. The Magic of ICE.

Congrats. It was a well planned expenditure that paid off.It was an amazing experience. Best part: Its free of cost

Kudos to Glix and Karan for a neat install.

P.S. I realised that I had always missed some subtle notes in "Hotel California". Its because none of the systems had such clarity.I presume you also came to know about few such notes after this install
Old 6th August 2009, 23:07   #147
Senior - BHPian

Icy, vro(7)m: Thanks!
Felt really good seeing the look of appreciation and satisfaction on your faces when your were listening to the setup Makes all that effort worth it!
Old 6th August 2009, 23:19   #148
Senior - BHPian

I guess the carbons have made all the difference.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:41   #149
BHPian

Hmmm the carbons .. Juicy is all I can say
Congrats on the most logical upgrade from the electra's

Enjoy the music.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks