Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2007, 18:50   #1
BHPian

Amplifier comparison

Please help me selecting the right Amplifier for my car. I own a swift with JBL Component and Rear Speakers. I am looking for a 4 channel amplifier which can deliver great sound with good noise/signal ratio. I prefer sound with more depth and clarity than extra bass. Kenwood/sony/jvc/blaupunkt are available easily in my city( can ask the dealer to supply other brands if possible for them)

Please Help!!
Old 5th August 2007, 20:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhandelwal View Post
Please help me selecting the right Amplifier for my car. I own a swift with JBL Component and Rear Speakers. I am looking for a 4 channel amplifier which can deliver great sound with good noise/signal ratio. I prefer sound with more depth and clarity than extra bass. Kenwood/sony/jvc/blaupunkt are available easily in my city( can ask the dealer to supply other brands if possible for them)

Please Help!!
4 options.
Blau GT4 at 6K
Pio 6200 at 7K
JBL 60.4 at 9K
JBL 4060 at 11K
Old 5th August 2007, 23:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure of the price of the 60.4? On JC Road in bangalore, I was quoted 5.3K+12.5% VAT.
Old 6th August 2007, 00:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Are you sure of the price of the 60.4? On JC Road in bangalore, I was quoted 5.3K+12.5% VAT.
What you were quoted for is surely Grey, and I have no clue how it's so low even then. Lot of con jobs on JC road sometimes, so be careful what you buy. Some do a lot of scam on the billing also, so it's not necessary that if you have a bill you have the official product.
9k is the MRP on the 60.4, a fair price would be 8 to 8.5k with bill and warranty.
Old 6th August 2007, 01:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

The dude claimed it was with full bill and local warranty at the distributor price. Even a car audio shop (dont remember name) on SP road told me the same cost. Anyway I'm not buying from JC road... .
Old 6th August 2007, 01:28   #6
Team-BHP Support

Raven, the 60.4 has been at around 5k since quite a while now in grey here.
Though I am surprised how the JC road guy would prepare a tax invoice for the V.A.T. though.
He probably is passing it to you on a proforma invoice.

manson.
Old 6th August 2007, 07:31   #7
BHPian

the cs 60.4 is around 5300 in the grey market. there is no such thing as bill or warranty. i have been using mine for the past 7 months and no problems as yet. well that said, u never know about electronic goods, when they might give up on you.
Old 6th August 2007, 12:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yep! The grey prices are low, some of the JC road deals are good at times with some shops, some are not (don't wanna take names) , If someone is looking at buying grey itself then JC road is not the place, it's better to buy it from National market and get it fitted with a good installer, makes much more sense.
Old 6th August 2007, 19:18   #9
BHPian

JBL is not available in my city could you please suggest which one to go from blaupunkt, kenwood, pioneer and sony and rank them in the order of quality. Nobody talks about sony amplifier. is it bad in audio quality ( 100db Noise ratio and is very inexpensive also)My head unit is sony GT550

Last edited by navin : 7th August 2007 at 10:27.
Old 7th August 2007, 10:28   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
JBL is not available in my city could you please suggest which one to go from blaupunkt, kenwood, pioneer and sony and rank them in the order of quality.
Blau (Thx series not GT series), then Pio, Kenwood and lastly Sony.
Old 7th August 2007, 11:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JBL is not available in my city could you please suggest which one to go from blaupunkt, kenwood, pioneer and sony and rank them in the order of quality. Nobody talks about sony amplifier. is it bad in audio quality ( 100db Noise ratio and is very inexpensive also)My head unit is sony GT550
Blaupunkt THc/THx series (or even better, the Velocity series if you can get a good deal) and then maybe Pioneer and Kenwood. Sony? You will be able to figure out the difference if you hear and compare them.

One does not expect rank bad equipment from Sony, but there is more to amplifiers than the data given in the Data Sheet. S/N ratio is just one piece of data.

It is just that many TBHP members have found Sony amps lacking Sound Quality as compared to other makes, without prejudice. On the other hand, some have found Sony amps good enough. It is better to listen and decide for yourself - maybe you'll like it, maybe not.

As the gurus humorously put it in another part of the forum - it is like "aapke matashri ki daal" versus "mere matashri ki daal", the general opinion is that Sony is neither - it is Indian Railways daal (now don't say "that is Bharat Mata / R-devi ki daal")

Last edited by DerAlte : 7th August 2007 at 12:05.
Old 7th August 2007, 13:23   #12
BHPian

Can you please suggest dealers in mumbai? I am visiting mumbai next week so planning to have a look there for JBL and blau and other amplifiers. I don't mind buying stuff without B/W if it saves some money
Old 7th August 2007, 16:36   #13
Team-BHP Support

where in mumbai. mumbai is rather large.
Old 8th August 2007, 00:11   #14
BHPian

any place between mumbai central to santa cruz. Thanks for the help
Old 8th August 2007, 02:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
One does not expect rank bad equipment from Sony, but there is more to amplifiers than the data given in the Data Sheet. S/N ratio is just one piece of data.

It is just that many TBHP members have found Sony amps lacking Sound Quality as compared to other makes, without prejudice. On the other hand, some have found Sony amps good enough. It is better to listen and decide for yourself - maybe you'll like it, maybe not.

As the gurus humorously put it in another part of the forum - it is like "aapke matashri ki daal" versus "mere matashri ki daal", the general opinion is that Sony is neither - it is Indian Railways daal (now don't say "that is Bharat Mata / R-devi ki daal")

I have listen to many sony setups. they are ok but a little rough for the sound they make. They are not clean but one thing I wanna add here they are good VFM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks