Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2007, 09:51   #1
BHPian

Illusionized Swift !!

When i got the delivery of the car on 9th of this month, the thought that i still had stock tires and rims, disturbed me.So i decided to give priority to that and ICE can take a backseat for now.
Went to Mumbai and with the help of fellow TBHpians, got some neat alloys and installed them with new set of tires.
After doing this, few days passed and i was horribly missing music in the car. I resorted to some make shift arrangements, listened music off my N73 ME :ashamed: for a while. I couldnt take it any long, so decided to go ahead with the ICE setup much ahead of the planned time frame :P

So once it was decided, i set a budget of 40k and started hunting for the stuff. In doing so, i chewed enough brains of Moralfibre, Shrivz.
I was recommended many setups by both of these guys, Naveen Sir on the forums and so on.
After thinking over it a lot, i decided the basic things for my setup.
I left to Mumbai on Friday evening, as i wanted to collect the stuff and be prepared with it for the next day's install.
I reached B&T's place very late, making my way through horrific mumbai traffic. Then i got the speakers, cabling, damping,Sub from him. Now remained the HU and the Amp. I called up Sam for the Amp, he directed me to Feroz and the Amp was arranged.
I would like to thanks Sam for the sweet discount, Thanks a lot Sir ! and Feroz for sending the amp directly to the place of installation, which saved me a trip to the city. Thank You Feroz !

Anyways now that i have covered the intro, i will let the pics do the talking,

The Stuff -

Illusion Audio Electra EL 6.1 Components
Illusion Audio Electra EL62 Co-Ax
Ground Zero GZTW 30T Sub
Alpine 9855 HU
JBL 75.4 Amp

Some pics,

Conti...
Old 20th August 2007, 09:53   #2
BHPian

The Installation -

The installation was done in Santacruz, at FM Drive. Thanks to B&T that i got the appointment at the last min.
I am no guru or a audiophile or anything but i was mighty impressed with the workmanship, neat work.

Conti...
Old 20th August 2007, 09:54   #3
BHPian

The install took a complete day but it was worth it. I fell in love with that HU as soon as i saw it and fortunately i had listened to it in Bass & Troubles's car. Going for that HU threw my budget out of the window is another thing
I was a bit skeptical whether i should be spending around 4-5k for damping or no but then since Kiran and B&T both said its worth it, i went ahead and i must say i am very much happy with the overall outcome.

Once the entire setup was done, B&T took over the tunning part, what he was doing with the HU with EQ and Crossover and what not, was going miles over my tiny brain but boy, does it sound sweet now !
Thanks a ton B&T for the stuff and the excellent tunning, its exactly the way i like it.
Thanks to Moralfibre, Shrivz , Navin Sir and many others for helping me out in getting my Swift Illusionized !
Thank You T-BHp !!

Cheers !
Amey
Old 20th August 2007, 09:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hmm...another Illusionized swift looks like Illusion Fan base is increasing. They sure are quite a nice set. Now enjoy music....
Old 20th August 2007, 10:09   #5
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Amey. The install sounds better than mine and I need a headunit upgrade soon. Enjoy your music!
Old 20th August 2007, 10:21   #6
BANNED

Great! Congratulations.
How did you manage to get a 9855 HU? It is such a rare thing here. It's a great HU with some good features and sound.

After all, it just took a day? That's worth the time spent.
Enjoy the sound.
Old 20th August 2007, 10:33   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Great! Congratulations.
How did you manage to get a 9855 HU? It is such a rare thing here. It's a great HU with some good features and sound.
We picked up one in a semi brand new condition at a great price . Although second hand it came with the manual, remote, et al!
Old 20th August 2007, 10:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, neat install. So where did you put those Ground Zero stickers ?
Old 20th August 2007, 10:47   #9
BANNED

Lucky dawgs!
How's the glide touch making you feel? It was prone to some criticism due to It's faults. But if taken care, this HU can also make It's mark like any other Alpine.

Hope the newer Alpine 9885 is a better replacement for this from Alpine. Umm umm.... No gliding or touching this time though.
Old 20th August 2007, 10:52   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats, neat install. So where did you put those Ground Zero stickers ?
Well it came with the Sub

Quote:
Lucky dawgs!
How's the glide touch making you feel? It was prone to some criticism due to It's faults. But if taken care, this HU can also make It's mark like any other Alpine.

Hope the newer Alpine 9885 is a better replacement for this from Alpine. Umm umm.... No gliding or touching this time though.
It sure feels good.Havent come across any major problems yet.
Old 20th August 2007, 11:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Once the entire setup was done, B&T took over the tunning part, what he was doing with the HU with EQ and Crossover and what not, was going miles over my tiny brain but boy, does it sound sweet now !
Thanks a ton B&T for the stuff and the excellent tunning, its exactly the way i like it.
Thanks to Moralfibre, Shrivz , Navin Sir and many others for helping me out in getting my Swift Illusionized !
You are most welcome, Amey. I hope you are enjoying your Rammstein to the hilt. I must admit it sounded very good.

I was not doing much to the settings. When the HU was used for the previous install, the installer must have dialled in some serious EQ settings, I was just returning them back to flat.
Old 20th August 2007, 11:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your new set up; clean, professionally installed....
Old 20th August 2007, 11:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

How much did the damping cost? What areas of the car did you damp?
Old 20th August 2007, 11:48   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
How much did the damping cost? What areas of the car did you damp?
Damping cost me 4.2k to be precise and i did it on all 4 doors, some is still remaining so plan to do it on the boot too, to finish it off.
I dont want to take names but some people are eyeing that remaining Damping
So i better i finish it off asap.
Old 20th August 2007, 12:04   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
I dont want to take names but some people are eyeing that remaining Damping So i better i finish it off asap.
You better do otherwise my boot is begging for damping.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks