Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 19:55   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Also, Sam had once suggested that the crossovers should be installed close to the front speakers (like in the dash). See if others have anything to say about it.
I agree with this too. It saves you some wiring woes.

Quote:
moral, I think that is a Bassworx enclosure, available very easily. I liked the enclosure, right size and good finish.
Yup I saw but the problem is that I have a DVC sub but this enclosure has only an SVC support i.e. there is just one speaker cup at the back of the enclosure.
Old 30th August 2007, 20:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I agree with this too. It saves you some wiring woes.
Plus, the amp board looks much better without the cluttering of XOs.
Old 30th August 2007, 20:12   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant choice of equipment there! Congratulations!!!

I am not being finicky here, but my observations:

From my experience, if the sub is kept facing the back of the car, it hardly moves or falls down. You can consider avoiding the belt if it touches the cone surround. You can also pad the surface smartly (A neon ring around the sub, maybe? ) so that the belt runs a little above the surround (Not too sure how the neon would look with the belt ).

Also, Sam had once suggested that the crossovers should be installed close to the front speakers (like in the dash). See if others have anything to say about it.
Thanks
The sub moves when I take fast turns, hence the belt. It's not touching the cone so i don't foresee any problems there. Anyways, I have fitted two 1.5" Velcro straps to the bottom of the sub enclosure. If they keep the sub in place, I can do away with that strap altogether.
I don't know about the XOs other than the fact that it'll probably save on wire. I didn't want them on the outside of my door Panel, and certainly not anywhere on my dash

Last edited by vikram18 : 30th August 2007 at 20:14.
Old 30th August 2007, 20:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Plus, the amp board looks much better without the cluttering of XOs.
I don't think it looks cluttered. In fact I think it looks quite cool; esp to people who have no clue what the XOs are there for
Old 30th August 2007, 20:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the crossovers should be installed close to the front speakers (like in the dash)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Thanks
The sub moves when I take fast turns, hence the belt. It's not touching the cone so i don't foresee any problems there. Anyways, I have fitted two 1.5" Velcro straps to the bottom of the sub enclosure. If they keep the sub in place, I can do away with that strap altogether.

I don't know about the XOs other than the fact that it'll probably save on wire. I didn't want them on the outside of my door Panel, and certainly not anywhere on my dash
I said "in the dash", behind the HU not on the dash or on door panels.

And by the way, I was just about to suggest the velcros, good job there.

About the XOs, if you like it, I'm sure it is not totally necessary to change it. Since the wiring is already done, you may not save on wires as well.
Old 31st August 2007, 15:55   #66
BHPian

Quote:

Fronts : HERTZ Hi-Energy HSK 165 Components

Rears : HERTZ Hi-Energy HCX 690 Co-axials

Subwoofer : HERTZ HX300D

Amplifier: Audison SRX 4
Hi Vikram, Congrats for ICE.
I guess Audison SRX 4 is a 4 chanel amp, can it power front comp, rear co-ax and sub as well??
I am a newbie. so sorry for being .
But I am getting addicted.

Also I am considering to install ICE for my SX4. If it is ok can you please let us know how much it costs??
Thanks a lot
Old 31st August 2007, 20:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy73 View Post
I guess Audison SRX 4 is a 4 chanel amp, can it power front comp, rear co-ax and sub as well??

Also I am considering to install ICE for my SX4. If it is ok can you please let us know how much it costs??
Thanks a lot
Its a 4 channel amp,it must be powering the front comp and the sub,not the rear co-ax,look carefully he has a jbl amp also,i guess he uses the audison amp to power the front and rear,and the jbl for the sub.Vikram confirm that please,

You should have got the crossovers behind the Hu in the dash,it saves the wire cluter in the boot,it looks good!!!
Old 1st September 2007, 00:51   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Its a 4 channel amp,it must be powering the front comp and the sub,not the rear co-ax,look carefully he has a jbl amp also,i guess he uses the audison amp to power the front and rear,and the jbl for the sub.Vikram confirm that please,

You should have got the crossovers behind the Hu in the dash,it saves the wire cluter in the boot,it looks good!!!
Yup, the JBL monoblock is for the sub, the Audison powers the front and rears. Behind the HU in the dash is a little difficult in the Civic, and the footwell also isn't such a great idea. Actually, other than extra wiring, I don't think the XOs in the boot are an issue. People will always nitpick no matter how you install; in the end it's all about how it sounds and on that count, I'm totally content.
Old 1st September 2007, 00:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy73 View Post
I am a newbie. so sorry for being .
But I am getting addicted.

Thanks a lot
I'm no ICE guru myself, but 2 fronts, 2 rears and 1 sub make 5 speakers. how can ANY 4-channel power those? You'll need a 5-channel amp like an SRX5 or else another amp for the sub.
Getting addicted is easy! I'm hooked too!!!
Old 1st September 2007, 01:04   #70
BANNED

Quote:
People will always nitpick no matter how you install; in the end it's all about how it sounds and on that count, I'm totally content.
X 100 times. And that includes me too! LOL!! I love nitpicking.
Old 1st September 2007, 01:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

nice install Vikram.. looks like you love the install and the way it sounds so let the finger pointing continue and dont let it bother you.. you just play the next track of zepplin and enjoy whole lotta love.
hehe

Anyway discussions like these have made me wanna add an amp to my recent set up faster than I wanted to.

Blueraven316 hooked my ride up with Efx 6x9s and Hifonics Atlas components. They are are being driven directly by an old HU pio 4650 and I cannot imagine how it would be with a decent alpine / pioneer HU + amp.

More on that on a later thread.
Old 1st September 2007, 08:16   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, the JBL monoblock is for the sub, the Audison powers the front and rears. Behind the HU in the dash is a little difficult in the Civic, and the footwell also isn't such a great idea. Actually, other than extra wiring, I don't think the XOs in the boot are an issue. People will always nitpick no matter how you install; in the end it's all about how it sounds and on that count, I'm totally content.

Vikram how much did the audison amp cost???
Also hows the jbl amp driving the sub??What model is it and the cost please??
Old 1st September 2007, 23:39   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post

Vikram how much did the audison amp cost???
Also hows the jbl amp driving the sub??What model is it and the cost please??
The Audison SRX4 is for 24K
The JBL, i don't remember, the price but it's a GTO 301.1. Why don't you ask Sam about JBL, he's the dude!
Old 2nd September 2007, 09:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

301.1 would be in the range of 10-11K
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:39   #75
BHPian

Vikram, i didnt get the demo :(
Kabhi milega demo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks