Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 13:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

nura, i can comment only based on my experiences, I was also under the impression that Sony CD HUs (low end specially, mine is NOT a low end :-)) would play scratched discs, but I was wrong.

ajay, as SAM pointed in some other thread that 755.6 is not officially available in India, i think you'd be better off with a 75.4 and 301/601 mono combo. somehow, this combo appeals to me.
Old 9th September 2007, 23:36   #32
BHPian

Hey guys!!

I am on a look out for a music system for my Swift VDI( if VDI has got anything to do with this) and 20k (+ or - 1k) is my budget. Went through the posts here on ICE and actually ended up confused what is which? (should I have said "which is what?"). Never mind, I think the guys here are doing a great job and will help me with it.

I'll keep things clear and to the point.

1) The music I listen to?
a) Travis and Coldplay (soft on ears) and blues like Dire Straits
and Eagles 40% of times.
b) 40% -Rock such as Metallica (the soft numbers like Fade to black,Unforgiven and Nothing else matters) Iron Maiden (Blood Brothers, Afraid to Shoot Strangers) Led Zappelin (Stairway to Heaven)
c) 20% -Country music like John Denver.

2) Head Unit?
When enquired about the HU most of the dealers said Alpine is the best. The one that I can fit into the 20k budget is Alpine(CDE-9846) which was quoted around 8k. But went through the alpine website and found a better model (CDE-9870) with an ipod interface for my ipod just for 150$, when converted around 6.5k(in Rs). So is it a good proposition for me to get it from my friend in the US? or is there any other make in US that is actually better for this price tag?

3)Speakers and Others
So 20k - 6.5 for HU leaves with 13.5 for the speakers and Amp&Sub(if required).

a) I need speakers that are crystal clear (with less "shrill" sound) no problem if they are not loud.
b) The Bass- don't want those high intensity bass effect which make the fellow men on the streets turn around their heads on a look-out for the source of the seismic waves. Just a clear thump will do.
Do I actually need to go for a Sub? Don't like the space it consumes, but its OK if you suggest one. Same for the Amp, if it improves the sound quality.

Guys you workout your combination, I got nothing on my mind. The looks do not matter, only the sound does. For the price budget the combination should be the best. If you think the HU wont be suitable for the speaker set-up you have in mind, you are at your liberty to change it.

And one more thing, can all the speakers be fit into the doors? cause that will avoid seating the rear speakers on a plank and save the rear passengers from listening to the music coming from their behind (no scope for humor here please).

Thanks,
Cheers!!!
Old 10th September 2007, 14:57   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyronrocks View Post
3)Speakers and Others
So 20k - 6.5 for HU leaves with 13.5 for the speakers and Amp&Sub(if required).!
Get a pair of 6x9 on a MDF rear deck and you wont nearly miss a sub as often. 4-5K will get a decent pair of 6x9. For the front you could get 6" components for 6K and stick the tweeters in the A pillar.

The cheapest decent amplifer is about 7K (Pio 6200/6300 or Blau GT4 Special) so if you want an amp you would need to spend about 16K (without HU).
Old 11th September 2007, 00:32   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
stick the tweeters in the A pillar.
What does that mean, somewher in the dash?
Old 11th September 2007, 10:21   #35
Team-BHP Support

No in the A pillar.
Old 24th August 2008, 16:55   #36
BHPian

need some swift ICE advice plzzz

hi all

@navin

i know iam posting here long after you guys had these convos. but iam confused about wht to get....

id really appreciate if you could analyse my case.

my budget is 20, give or take 1k...

interested in front component speakers, rare speakers.... these are pirmary...... if possible, an amp and woofer... if it can be stuffed into budget....... if not.. next months budget :P

please lemme know... wht YOU suggest, i have no idea about ICE... but i do like quality sound- things like sound field, clarity, etc not just crazy noise level...

another thing.... i also happen to want a head unit with a USB slot... but none of that other bluetooth and all junk... just clean, good sound :P

my car is a brand new Swift lxi. iam in delhi

please help bud
thx
Old 26th August 2008, 18:21   #37
BHPian

hey guys,
I am about to get the delivery of my swift Vdi within 10 days or so. Please help me out in selcting the right setup for my budget.
The Budget-20K max.
HU- Mp3 with Auxillary input and USB.( Preferably a Pioneer)
Front- Components
Rear- Coaxials
Amplifier- if in budget
SUb - strict NO as can't sacrifice Boot space.
Iam getting the vehicle from chandigarh and hence I am in a dilemma as to get the ICE installed from there or from Delhi/NCR ( i stay in NOIDA).
So please help me out and also suggest some good installers in chandigarh and delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks