Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 08:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

@vishnuvijay, congrats, and welcome to the ICE-afflicted club. There's going to be no end to it now. And since you have two cars, the fever is 2x

The Blau GTA480 (11Kish with B&W) is good, but if you can find the GTO75.4 (10Kish) go for it. You'll also get the JBL4060 (10K with B&W) at the JBL Store in Vyttila. That is also an excellent amp. The Kenwood amp FB mentioned is also a good one, and very VFM (7K in the grey, I think).

@FlyingBong, I think that amp is the Kenwood KAC8401.
Old 11th January 2008, 09:37   #32
BHPian

thanks fb. i think this teambhp will kill all my money.hehehehe

hi hydra, i was offered Blaupunkt GTA 280 2 channel amplifier for Rs.3,500 without b&w. so i assume i can get the GTA 480 4 channel amplifier for around Rs.7,000. the JBL 4060 that you mentioned has only 55 watts rms power per channel.

i'm not sure of kenwood because i don't like that brand. i'll definitely go for GTO 75.4 if i find one. if not, i'll buy the GTA 480 because it has 75 watts rms per channel and 210 watts in bridged mode which will be just enough to drive a subwoofer if i get one later.

but the problem is that right now all of my speakers are driven by an amplifier and it is sounding so good that i don't want to run my rear speakers with the head unit. oh god, i'll have to get a monoblock amplifier to run my 'future' subwoofer. teambhp and it's ice gurus will kill all my money. helpppppppppp.

what do you think about my plan for wagonr. i guess there are no other 4" component speakers in the market.
Old 11th January 2008, 11:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

75.4 is still available in they grey so for VFM dont look any further. Prices are fluctuating been 8.7-9k

O/T vishnu your vtec is sweeet!

For 4" components I think you can look at Illusion and Hertz. I think kicker also used to offer a 4" component. T-Bhpian "Johy" is using the Illusions in his Wagon-R do a search.
Old 11th January 2008, 13:17   #34
BHPian

thank you souljah. i had gone through the forum before and got an impression that kicker is not good. i went through the hertz website and found out that they do not have 4" component speakers, they have sizes from 5 1/4". illusion 4" component speaker's mrp is Rs.4,999 so in grey market i'll be able to get it at a much lower price.
Old 11th January 2008, 16:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuvijay View Post
thank you souljah. i had gone through the forum before and got an impression that kicker is not good. i went through the hertz website and found out that they do not have 4" component speakers, they have sizes from 5 1/4". illusion 4" component speaker's mrp is Rs.4,999 so in grey market i'll be able to get it at a much lower price.
My mistake, I think its 4" co-axials from ImageDynamics and not compo's.

Illusion would be available only through the authorized sellers and not in the grey market. Check Johy's thread for the same.
Old 12th January 2008, 15:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Contact B&T for illusion speakers.
Old 12th January 2008, 17:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks fb. i think this teambhp will kill all my money.hehehehe
Team BHP is an avowed non-violent, non-denominational, non-discriminatory forum.

1. Members of the T-BHP ICE forum are a bit different. Whoever has participated in this forum has not gone away unaffected (positively)
2. Advice given by folks here is just that - advice. Action on the advice is completely the prerogative of the advisee, and the advisors are not to blame (ahem! did you ever chase a girl because your friend told you to?)
3. If so far you have managed to splurge loads of cash on your wife / girl-friend, is your wife / girl-friend to blame?

So, dear @v-v, sometimes you should let your hair down and allow your soul to be satisfied. Indulge without tormenting your soul by clinging to mundane earthly things as money. Alakh niranjan!!! Bam bam bhole!
Old 12th January 2008, 20:42   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the 4 channel amplifier that i'm planning to get is either a:
-JBL GTO 75.4 ( if i get one and that too in grey market price) or a
-Blaupunkt GTA 480 ( also looking for grey market ).

I know that the 75.4 is an excellent amplifier. but it'll really be hard to get. Blaupunkt GTA 480 will be more easily available. so chances are more for me to end up with blaupunkt...it has 15 watts more than the CS60.4's 60 watt. has anybody used this amplifier?
The 480 is only 15W more than the 60.4 15W is not really that much more in db over 60W.

The 75.4 was about 100W besides it was able to dump a lot of current which meant that it was could manage the bass better (the bass is where most speaker's impedance curves get a bit diffcult).

I'd look for the JBL 4060 limited edition amp or the Kenwood 8401.

Last edited by navin : 12th January 2008 at 20:44.
Old 14th January 2008, 09:35   #39
BHPian

hehehee DerAlte, .

thank you navin. i checked the kenwood 8041 in the internet. it looks cool and they say it has got a cooling fan. do all amplifiers have cooling fans?

is the JBL 4060 limited edition amp and the Kenwood 8401 better than JBL 60.4 which i'm currently using?
Old 27th March 2008, 14:32   #40
BHPian

heloooo dear friends, i'm back with another doubt. before that i must say that i'm fully satisfied with the performance of my system.

but i sometimes feel the lack of proper bass in my car. i tried different settings both with my head unit as well as amplifier.

i tried the FIE 'front image enhancer' option of the headunit which cuts some mid and all high frequencies from the rear speakers so that it produces only bass.

after playing this way for a few days i turned off the fie in the head unit and tried setting the amplifier rear to lpf and front to hpf. this worked fine too. but i'm not getting the amount of bass that i want.

i have considered the jbl cs1204b sub box and the jbl cs1204t basstube. i'm not buying another amplifier or a monoblock. so i'll be running the subwoofer with my existing jbl cs60.4. from browsing through the numerous threads on the forum i know that to drive a 12" subwoofer in a sealed box you need a powerful amplifier which i don't have. so the jbl sealed box is out of question.

i don't want a localy made box (ported or sealed).

->can the jbl cs60.4 drive the jbl 12" basstube effectively?

->should i cut out a hole on the rear deck since my car is a sedan?
i have fixed mdf plank on the rear deck. should i cut open the space between the rear 6x9's and cover it with some dummy grill so that the bass from the tube in the boot reaches the cabin?
Old 27th March 2008, 17:47   #41
RAC
BHPian

Quote:

i have considered the jbl cs1204b sub box and the jbl cs1204t basstube.

from browsing through the numerous threads on the forum i know that to drive a 12" subwoofer in a sealed box you need a powerful amplifier which i don't have. so the jbl sealed box is out of question.
JBL - CS1204B is a sealed box, is that why you preferrred the tube?
Old 28th March 2008, 19:01   #42
BHPian

helooo

hey where is everyone? sam, hydra, deralte............................
Old 28th March 2008, 19:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have considered the jbl cs1204b sub box and the jbl cs1204t basstube. i'm not buying another amplifier or a monoblock. so i'll be running the subwoofer with my existing jbl cs60.4. from browsing through the numerous threads on the forum i know that to drive a 12" subwoofer in a sealed box you need a powerful amplifier which i don't have. so the jbl sealed box is out of question.

i don't want a localy made box (ported or sealed).

->can the jbl cs60.4 drive the jbl 12" basstube effectively?

->should i cut out a hole on the rear deck since my car is a sedan?
i have fixed mdf plank on the rear deck. should i cut open the space between the rear 6x9's and cover it with some dummy grill so that the bass from the tube in the boot reaches the cabin?
1) The Basstube will be quite happy with the power form the CS60.4. You don't need a more powerful amp.

2) Don't cut a hole as yet. If you're using the Basstube, I don't think you'll need to cut a hole at all. There will not be any noticeable improvement in definition of the bass from a hole in the parcel tray. Loudness can always be adjusted with the gain knob on the amp
Old 28th March 2008, 20:35   #44
BHPian

thank you hydra. personally i like to have a sealed box. but then i'll have to get a powerfull amp and that means to spend atleast rs.10,000 on the amp. and personally, i like the looks of a bassbox more than the basstube. hehehehe. but i guess the bassbox would be a lot more easy on my pocket. thank you.
Old 28th March 2008, 23:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

@vishnu, a Basstube will work out least costly. It will cost less in itself (the JBL CS1204T is 6.5K, if I remember right), and it needs the least amp-power vis-a-vis a Sealed box or a Ported box.

A Bassbox will cost more (the JBL box -- CS1204B, the sealed one runs to about 8K and the 1204BR, the ported one will be about 9K) and will need a more powerful amp than the one you have now.

You can get a JBL CS1204 (the old GT4-12 driver) for 4K or a GT5-12 driver for 5K and a sealed box (1 cu. ft.) for about 1.5K, but you'll need a more powerful amp.

I'd heard that Bull Audio (from Rainbow) also has a 12" ported Sub-in-a-box solution for about 8.5K, but I don't know if we have it in Kochi yet.

A ported box will take more kindly to your current amp, but a Basstube will make the most of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks