Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 13:59   #46
BHPian

lbm/panky since you define the 8401 as a rough /harsh amp
i wonder what you think of the similarly spec'ed and approx similarly priced(grey) JBL 60.4 and Blaupunkt GT4 mk2 amps
having heard all amps i would really like to know how you would rate this amp harsher/rougher than its competition
Old 9th August 2008, 14:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Even fake Alpine can do better than this costs 3k Also I find them better than kenwood BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND IT ANYONE AS IT IS MY CHOICE...lol
GOT IT! TO EACH HIS OWN.
I was just saying that people like the amp and so do MORE knowledgeable guys / GURUS who might have tried other amps in the same price range. And i think this forum name is Ask the Gurus and the GURUS (referring to SAM, GUNBIR etc) might not be that wrong in judging whether the amp is good or not.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 10th August 2008 at 15:34. Reason: quoted post edited
Old 9th August 2008, 16:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

you know what wait on, and increase the moolah from 25k to 33K and you will definitely have a really punchy set up in the car.

the split would be,

JBL GTO 601.1
JBL GTO 1004
JBL GT5 - 12 X 2 subs /
and finally the illusion electra EL6.1 components.
and you will have enough $$ for the wiring.

and if you want to do damping then that would be XTRA-$$$

with this you wont be disappointed.

i mean if i was looking for a good and very decent bass and a rocking set of components then this is the way i would do it. rest is for you to make up your mind.

EDIT: i mentioned that price provided you get most of them from grey market rest that cannot be bought unofficially can be got with B&W and that budget would just suffice.

Last edited by rider60 : 9th August 2008 at 16:32.
Old 9th August 2008, 16:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I was just saying that people like the amp and so do MORE knowledgeable guys / GURUS who might have tried other amps in the same price range. And i think this forum name is Ask the Gurus and the GURUS (referring to SAM, GUNBIR etc) might not be that wrong in judging whether the amp is good or not.
There is no need to question about anyone's knowledge or competencies. All the "gurus" have their own perception of sound / good or bad equipment etc etc. I may not like JBL 607C, but to Gunbir or Navin or LBM, it might simply be the best in that price range. Similarly when Navin uses Vifa in his car, its HIS taste and I may or may not agree to the fact that it's good. Idea is I have to use your own ears & brain and decide, rather than simply relying on "guru's" ears/advice. Ask the Gurus is just for suggestions & idea exchanges & info from more experienced (read experienced) people.

I request you not to reply quoting anything above as I would'nt be intersted in taking this further (read off topic).

Gaurav: Lets get back to euipment.
Old 9th August 2008, 16:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Guys, shall we keep the discussion to the subject that @beanstalk is expecting info on, instead of critique on each other's posts? Understanding much appreciated! :-)
Old 9th August 2008, 16:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
lbm/panky since you define the 8401 as a rough /harsh amp
i wonder what you think of the similarly spec'ed and approx similarly priced(grey) JBL 60.4 and Blaupunkt GT4 mk2 amps
having heard all amps i would really like to know how you would rate this amp harsher/rougher than its competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I request you not to reply quoting anything above as I would'nt be intersted in taking this further (read off topic).
Sure, but can you please first substantiate your claims as requested by Magma. We are all most curious.
Old 10th August 2008, 15:31   #52
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Every member has right to opinion, please respect it. Otherwise infractions will be given out
Old 10th August 2008, 18:02   #53
BHPian

Thank you mods for opening up the thread once again.

@ Thank you yashji for the suggestions but i think I wont be able to stretch my budget any further. JUST 25k + 2k (at most).

@ pakaj bhai.. im eager to continue the discussion related to equipments.

Is the GTO / CS 300.1 AND Kenwood KAC - 8103D monoblock available ..?? (Coz shops here do not stock it or it would be better to say that they have just sony and pio monos at the most)

Is this Pio GM5300T 2 channel any good..?? (Gives out a whopping 380W at 4ohms in bridged mode) but i do not have even a slightest idea of the pricing of this amp. Could someone give in a slight indication of the price of this amp..?
Old 11th August 2008, 02:49   #54

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Have heard the 8401 amp in a lot of cars with different equipment and the amp is really good for the kind of money it sells for.IMO i find it neutral and it doesnt add too much of colouring to the music.I have heard thesame amp on my iD's,rainbow slx,hertz esk,rainbow sax,hertz hsk's and all these compo's sounded brilliant yet unique in their sound signature.The sound is really detailed,crisp and open.And even with 180w rms bridged,it can drive the hertz 15",idq 15",12" idv3.12" idqv3...I recently heard two 10" idqv2 running on 2 channels of this amp and the bass was very tight,and had a good top end whack.The amp makes sufficient power to blend in with the front compos.

But if you want to break glasses or be heard from a block away,this amp isnt for you.
Its a must have amp for 5k.Though im not using one right now,i still have one kept away incase of emergency.

@LBM: It is quuite probable that the equipment(hu,speakers,sub) you heard with the amp wasn't up to par.
Like the most common tuning techniques in local ice installation shops,to increase bass is use a pioneer hu since it has a good low end response compared to alpines,clarions and kenwoods.

Last edited by hellspawn : 11th August 2008 at 02:55.
Old 11th August 2008, 07:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
Thank you mods for opening up the thread once again.

@ Thank you yashji for the suggestions but i think I wont be able to stretch my budget any further. JUST 25k + 2k (at most).

@ pakaj bhai.. im eager to continue the discussion related to equipments.

Is the GTO / CS 300.1 AND Kenwood KAC - 8103D monoblock available ..?? (Coz shops here do not stock it or it would be better to say that they have just sony and pio monos at the most)

Is this Pio GM5300T 2 channel any good..?? (Gives out a whopping 380W at 4ohms in bridged mode) but i do not have even a slightest idea of the pricing of this amp. Could someone give in a slight indication of the price of this amp..?
beanstalk dont call me yashji, i am just yash, and if you strictly dont plan to stretch the budget then try eying the pio 7200 mono or jbl cs 300.1 mono, but when you do get the mono, make it a point to buy an appropriate sub, you see the pio you mentioned, 5300 pumps out 380w 4 ohms so get a sub with 4 ohm impedence.

since its a sedan i would still recommend a mono block to a powerful 2 channel.

the older pio mono if still available in stock, should cost form 5-7k not more at all, just try to check them out.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
@LBM: It is quuite probable that the equipment(hu,speakers,sub) you heard with the amp wasn't up to par.
Like the most common tuning techniques in local ice installation shops,to increase bass is use a pioneer hu since it has a good low end response compared to alpines,clarions and kenwoods.
I had used Illusion Electra and Pioneer HU. And the tuning was done by me.

Bro I did not like the Kenwood amp, It is my opinion and I stand by it.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:12   #57
Team-BHP Support

Won't it be better if everybody offered beanstalk some useful suggestions, instead of trying to change each other opinions?
So we can close the topic about who likes what, since everybody has made clear their likes and dislikes.
Old 11th August 2008, 18:57   #58

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I had used Illusion Electra and Pioneer HU. And the tuning was done by me.

Bro I did not like the Kenwood amp, It is my opinion and I stand by it.
Alright!!I understand...not trying to change your opinion,just voicing my own.
Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks