Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 12:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Mono amps are expensive
Get 2 4ch amps.
One amp powers the 4 speakers
Other amp powers sub in 2 channels and center speaker in other 2. however you will have to mount the center speaker in the rear parcel tray
good option,

Get PIo or JBLs and hence 6000 x 2 = 12000Rs

Wiring 2-3k

Tube= 6k

Have seen a center speaker mounted on the dash. See if you get this Pioneer TC CX7

Old 13th December 2007, 15:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Verna has a two DIN Setup on the dash board , but the JVC KD AVX33 HU has an over sized front plate to accommodate the display so, it seems that the DIN sized centre speaker will have to go after all.

I happened to see the HU on display at the recently concluded Vaahan Yaatra. th guy at the stall was telling that the pricing of the HU to be around 40 K INR I laughed my way out of the stall ! but more importantly the front plate seems to be considerably larger that the MEXR1 that i have currently ..
Hi,
I recently spruced up my ICE with JVC avx-2 in my scorpio.
I tried the DIN type speaker setup in ALPINE IT WAS NOT AVBL ANYWHERE,even clarion has a model which was not avbl here.Alpine versio does not have an amp. I bought the previous version which cones with a small amp(7K was the cost of centre speaker with amp).Pm me for dtsl.
I mounted the centre speaker on the AC console setup between the front seats and the amp below the AC console in the dash.
I also added a monoblock with the new twin coil sub12" mounted in a box.
5.1 set up for DVD movies is great!.Hunting for DVD AUDIOS.
Old 13th December 2007, 19:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi,
.Pm me for dtsl.

I mounted the centre speaker on the AC console setup between the front seats and the amp below the AC console in the dash.

Hunting for DVD AUDIOS.
cool ! i will definitely PM you for the centre speaker details.

please let me know of your feedback on DVD audio when you come across any ....
Old 14th December 2007, 01:52   #34
BANNED

In this budget, my opinion is to avoid using any centre speaker. Just get a normal 4 channel amp to power the front speakers, other 2 channels to power the sub/tube. Run the rear speakers off the HU. Yes, That's all for now. Get the best you can afford within the budget.
Later, when there's more greens to be thrown away, get a pair of 4" dual cone speakers from a respected brand (alpine still makes some very good ones) and a decent 4 channel amp. Drive straight to Anwar @ Autofusion. Tell him to fix both these speakers inside the dash bang in the centre. Yes, it's going to be difficult but it can be done. Power the speakers individually from 2channels of the amp and use a Y cable to split the centre channel RCA. Use the other 2channels to power the Sub/tube/rear speakers. Switch off the internal IC of the HU, tune the system and match each channel according to your favourite seating position/tastes etc...
Enjoy the true 5.1 surround with Baby doll doing her tongue clicks (Sam has a good collection of her), Shakira moving her unboned hips, Shakeela doing her best and Sunny leon doing her........ You know! All this while the driver is getting mad over the nerve cracking traffic blocks of Bangy.

And ofcourse, don't forget to put the install pictures here. And I want a ride in that backseat once it's done.
Old 14th December 2007, 09:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

And ofcourse, don't forget to put the install pictures here. And I want a ride in that backseat once it's done.
sure pal you can count on that !
Old 14th December 2007, 13:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Drive straight to Anwar @ Autofusion. Tell him to fix both these speakers inside the dash bang in the centre. Yes, it's going to be difficult but it can be done. Power the speakers individually from 2channels of the amp and use a Y cable to split the centre channel RCA. Use the other 2channels to power the Sub/tube/rear speakers. Switch off the internal IC of the HU, tune the system and match each channel according to your favourite seating position/tastes etc. ...
Could he perhaps consider putting a single 4" in the middle of the dash where the dash meets the windshield? Facing the cabin, it could be a small FG pod which wouldn't mar the view. Child's play for Anwar.
Old 14th December 2007, 13:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Could he perhaps consider putting a single 4" in the middle of the dash where the dash meets the windshield? Facing the cabin, it could be a small FG pod which wouldn't mar the view. Child's play for Anwar.
would be a fiber work I guess.

The Pio is was taking about is Pioneer TS CX7, not TC.
Old 14th December 2007, 13:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

this is what JKD is talking about , this looks like the most cost effective solution for me right now

Anyways i do intend to meet up with Anwar @ Autofusion for the HU installation

Last edited by hellstar : 14th December 2007 at 13:52.
Old 14th December 2007, 13:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
this is what JKD is talking about , this looks like the most cost effective solution for me right now

Hi, i did check this out(5k).
Does not come with an amp.
Old 20th December 2007, 11:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

hehehe , yesterday my car completed one year after the date of purchase and yes I got the HU fitted . I have not added the amp , sub and Centre speakers as of mow but will happen shortly .

First off i felt that the SQ is not at good as Sony but the features rock. especially the BlueTooth Phone Audio and the BlueTooth Phone. I expect the sound quality to get better after the amps are in place , now I am running JBL GTO607 Componets upfront and the new GT5963 6x9 Coaxials at the back. I wanted to tune and get used to the HU properly before i add anything more as the are way too many features. Including an option to turn off the internal amplifier.

I will post the install pictures,soon ...

Last edited by hellstar : 20th December 2007 at 11:40.
Old 31st December 2007, 15:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi, i did check this out(5k).
Does not come with an amp.
It doesnt have one. 5k for an active would be asking too much.

Quote:
hehehe , yesterday my car completed one year after the date of purchase and yes I got the HU fitted . I have not added the amp , sub and Centre speakers as of mow but will happen shortly .

First off i felt that the SQ is not at good as Sony but the features rock. especially the BlueTooth Phone Audio and the BlueTooth Phone. I expect the sound quality to get better after the amps are in place , now I am running JBL GTO607 Componets upfront and the new GT5963 6x9 Coaxials at the back. I wanted to tune and get used to the HU properly before i add anything more as the are way too many features. Including an option to turn off the internal amplifier.

I will post the install pictures,soon ...
Waiting for pix. I am really surprised that you felt Sony better than thsi product of JVC.
Old 31st December 2007, 15:41   #42
BANNED

Dont waste money in visiting Anwar again n again as he charges too much get the thing done in one shot may be next time get your Amps and woofer dont leave anything pending for third installation.
Old 9th January 2008, 14:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Dont waste money in visiting Anwar again n again as he charges too much get the thing done in one shot may be next time get your Amps and woofer dont leave anything pending for third installation.

dont worry pal , i had already got it installed from BlueRaven !
Old 9th January 2008, 16:31   #44
BHPian

Dude, please post the install pictures
Old 10th January 2008, 00:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anyways i do intend to meet up with Anwar @ Autofusion for the HU installation

Have you got it installed or going to ?

Also are you going to connect it through a amp or HU ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks