Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Total - ~ 35k, my budget was 15k
Quote:
Firstly i would like to thank the following for their fantastic help and gyaan they have offered me.
This is ICE. First we convice someone to more than double his budget then we get thanked for it!

You are welcome, BUSA.
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Full Door damped

Congrats Busa for the setup,Very good equipment,I would suggest to damp the doors fully,cause then the door works as the enclosure for the speakers,Moreover fully damped door helps in preventing Frequency cancelation in a IB Install.I am sure it will improve the sound for sure.
Moreover i am in same delimna as you were, whether to spend on PETE's box n Green filter or upgrade ICE...
Anyways enjoy the Setup.

Cheers!!
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:58   #18
BHPian

Congratulations BUSA on both fronts, the Innova and the ICE. Never noticed any thread on you getting the MUV delivered. Keep us posted on both now. The ICE and the vehicle.
Old 23rd January 2008, 16:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Congratulations BUSA on both fronts, the Innova and the ICE. Never noticed any thread on you getting the MUV delivered. Keep us posted on both now. The ICE and the vehicle.
Just got it yesterday, so didnot have time to post as was busy with ICE-Baraf.

Quote:
Moreover i am in same delimna as you were, whether to spend on PETE's box n Green filter or upgrade ICE...
Thanks Gill, so what did you decide on finally? About the damping, its done for the whole door, the gaps you see, dont require damping at all, since it doesnot make a difference.

Quote:
Waiting for the rest of the pics.
Thanks Deralte, will post soon, need to go and shoot. Basically the rest of the pics will be after the doors are closed, ie everything looks stock now, except the tweeters at the rear, the different HU and the amp(which is not visible)

Quote:
Hows bass as you had all 4 components?
Bass is good enough, atleast for me, will add a sub later.

Quote:
busa bhai you change your mind every 5 minutes. 1 second you want 2 8" subs next seond you want a bass tube? if its an active sub it won sound as good as 2 8" subs.
Bass tube = economy, for 6.5k you get a bass tube with inbuilt mono, if i keep spending so much on ICE, then what about Blisteins

Quote:
This is ICE. First we convice someone to more than double his budget then we get thanked for it!
Sir, you bhpians make everyone exceed budget but at the same time dont make us feel the pinch. Also you convince so well, i was going to go for a sub, but didnot want to kill the already small boot, hence.
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gill, so what did you decide on finally? About the damping, its done for the whole door, the gaps you see, dont require damping at all, since it doesnot make a difference.
It was a hard call,i am saving for pete box n green filter,these days i am spending more time in MODs n tyre section then ICE section....
Regarding the gaps,if they are covered with damping sheet,it helps for sure,anyways you are staisfied,everything is fine...
Cheers!
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:32   #21
JPL
BHPian

Busa grats on the install..IMO good decision to go for new electra's..leave petes and bilsteins and think alpine audisons now and get a nice sub with a mono amp..give listens to all the nice install there and then go for the new sub ,Ice gurus ka aashirwaad to hai tumahare saath.
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice install BUSA looks cool
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:10   #23
Nos007

Hey good install BUSA, looks Neat & Clean, Congrats....Enjoy Music....

Old 23rd January 2008, 23:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
,Ice gurus ka aashirwaad to hai tumahare saath.
May be the force with your...

Congrats on the setup BUSA. Wating for amp pics.
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Good decision Gill, once you install Petes, you will see yourself ignoring the ICE for some days.

Thanks LBM, NOS, Ramie.

Thanks JPL, how can i forget that little blue box, which gives 30% more power and torque? Do you think i should go for a bass tube, which has inbuilt monoblock? Or better to go for a 2 sealed 8" subs below the seats driven by a monoblock/4channel amp.
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:36   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Supercool!!! Nice install, good gear.
Old 24th January 2008, 00:57   #27
JPL
BHPian

BUSA I aint no guru (far from it..as noob as they come) though the Real gurus should help you configure a sub install according to your needs and taste..all the best with the quest.

Also, try listening to other innova install if possible and coupled with the gurus advice you should be able to strike the right cord..
Old 24th January 2008, 09:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
It was a hard call,i am saving for pete box n green filter,these days i am spending more time in MODs n tyre section then ICE section....
Good Work. That car urgently needs a Rim-Tyre upgrade. ICE can wait. You already have a pretty good setup.
Old 24th January 2008, 12:09   #29
BANNED

lazy boy post more pics.
Old 24th January 2008, 12:47   #30
Team-BHP Support

Congratz and neat set up, enjoy the car and the ice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks