Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2008, 15:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Guys what difference does it make whether it is designed, manufactured in any part of the world.

They are very good sounding speaker and who so ever are using them are lovin it. Best Car audio speakers IMHO.
Old 20th April 2008, 15:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Guys what difference does it make whether it is designed, manufactured in any part of the world.

They are very good sounding speaker and who so ever are using them are lovin it. Best Car audio speakers IMHO.
there isnt any problems with a product being made in india/china or anywhere else. no one is disputing the fact that they are nice speakers.

Driven just asked where they are made. Whats wrong in that?

What does the packaging say?

Waise, i dont mind getting a contract for the packaging lol.

Last edited by clipto333 : 20th April 2008 at 16:00.
Old 20th April 2008, 15:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
... kuch toh gadbad hai bhai,,, Im all for Indian quality yaar,,, why not just say designed enginered and made in india,,, be indian buy indian
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
... Driven just asked where they are made. Whats wrong in that?
What does the packaging say?
Waise, i dont mind getting a contract for the packaging lol.
@driven-bhaisab, @clip-maharaz, the discussion is about @yayaati's ICE installation. The discussion about the origin and history of Illusion speakers belongs to the "Product Discussion" section - care to start a thread there? Done here, it would just rain on @yayaati's party.

BTW, @driven-bhaisab, the "comma" key on your keyboard must be really jumpy!

Last edited by DerAlte : 20th April 2008 at 16:10.
Old 20th April 2008, 16:22   #19
BHPian

Deralte, it was a simple question that driven asked. i dont know why it is such a big issue. anyway, the nd-12s are listed on peerless indias website. so i think they are made in india.

cheers

P.S. - im out of here.

Yayati, nice and clean install. sorry for the interruption.

Last edited by clipto333 : 20th April 2008 at 16:29.
Old 20th April 2008, 16:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked simply because whenever some compnay uses this line its hiding something,,, i find it very strange,,, and from what I know of Illusion which isnt much, I dont seen them anywhere else in Asia, Australia, Middle East or Eurpoe,,, Lagta hai yahan hi bante hain, yahan hi bikte hain,,,
It has never been a surprise that Illusion is made/ assembled partly/ wholly in India, and in many ways.. has always been. I hope that answers your primary question. I'm no spokesperson for Illusion Audio, but I have mentioned whatever I know about this in the past also.

Baaki aapka jo "lagta hai, yahan hi bikte hain" - I'll be very honest. Yahan bhi kahan bikte hain yaar? I'm sure even though you are in India, you haven't physically seen a set except the box in that pic on the forum, inspite of being from the industry. The distribution is still quite limited though growing. Everyday there are members from various parts of India saying they are not able to get the product in their area. So this means that the numbers that it sells in is quite small, right. Do you think it is feasible for a manufacturer to make it specifically for a distributor who does such petty numbers? If yes, then I am indeed grateful to the company for their exceptional favor/ service to us and the Indian people. For giving us such a fabulous product at a fabulous price. You should hear it sometime, Driven. You'll be quite surprised.

Quote:
most of us know where most of the stuff is made.
I think the r&d is in india too.
Please tell me more.
Old 20th April 2008, 16:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yayati good choice for your friend. I find at the pricepoint they seem to offer a lot and the plus point being there is a B&W

As DerAlte'jee has suggested why not create an illusion bashing thread in the product discussion section and let the OP keep his Illusionized Santro thread?
Old 20th April 2008, 18:55   #22
BHPian

CEASE Fire Guys, thanks for alll that gyan (which was actually not required). No matter where they are made the speakers are surely amazing and total VFM.

So Chill cheers:
Old 21st April 2008, 00:31   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No,,, Im not related to the car audio in any way,,, i have not been in this business for about a year now
I thought you were. Isn't there a Driven operating in Delhi. Gunbir often recommends member to go there (I assume he was refering to you).

Given this statement I assume that you once were in teh audio business as Driven and that you are no more operating the Driven store (the one Gunbir recommends so strongly).

If you are not operating the Driven store would you know who is? Are they members on TBHP? If not can you invite them to be, this forum needs all the good people it can find. I am told Driven does good work and I assume that by them becoming members here atleast the Sound and Show off section will benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
I was under the impression that Illusion Audio was a company founded by Mr. Gary Cristie
It's Cary Christie Jr. Son of Cary Christie (co-founder of Infinity).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
CH-1's are no longer in production. And the also Illusion used to outsource the horn driver.
The last I know of the production of CH-1 was 2002 or 2003.

Quote:
I think the r&d is in india too.
I know companies that have R&D in India and Manufacturing in China. Indian companies do this too. India's (ach China's) R&D rivals the best in the World. It is just that both countries are better known for cheap English speaker labour and cheap manufacturing costs respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
You should hear it sometime
So Illusion is made in India? So what? What do you mean so what? I think it is GREAT. You know how long I've been hoping for an Indian manufactuer to sock to those smug Europeans and Americans? I wish Audison, Steg, Image Dynamics, etc.. were all mde in India.

Isn't hearing all that really matters?

Last edited by navin : 21st April 2008 at 00:34.
Old 21st April 2008, 10:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Isn't hearing all that really matters?
Logically yes, but that doesnt seem to be the trend here off lately.

The Electra's sound nice even running off the HU. Yesterday had some BHpians, audition the drivers in my car and I believe they were impressed even though my setup lacks the rear fill
Old 21st April 2008, 12:49   #25
BHPian

Sir i am not in this business anymore,, the store is run by one Mr Karan Chandhok and the earlier staff from my store also works there,, and im not in the picture in any way

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I thought you were. Isn't there a Driven operating in Delhi. Gunbir often recommends member to go there (I assume he was refering to you).

Given this statement I assume that you once were in teh audio business as Driven and that you are no more operating the Driven store (the one Gunbir recommends so strongly).

If you are not operating the Driven store would you know who is? Are they members on TBHP? If not can you invite them to be, this forum needs all the good people it can find. I am told Driven does good work and I assume that by them becoming members here atleast the Sound and Show off section will benefit.
Old 21st April 2008, 13:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Yeah bro. I'm saving for the Rainbow reference and suitable amps. Wanna add to the kitty, feel free.
They may be very good one but I don't feel them worth that kinda money

Rest it is your money spend as you like but I would consider other options
Old 21st April 2008, 13:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Rest it is your money spend as you like but I would consider other options
Yes Bro. I see the "options" in every thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
Sir,

I can offer that to you;
In Mumbai.

Carbon 6.1 & Carbon 8.1 with Steg & Audiobahn Amplification.

If you visit Mumbai, do call on me. It shall be my pleasure.....
Dear God,
Thanks for answering my prayers. I shall not be an atheist in the near future, at least not unless the Devil seriously comes through with my wish list

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st April 2008 at 13:34.
Old 21st April 2008, 14:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
They may be very good one but I don't feel them worth that kinda money
How can you pass such a statement without any experience with the product. How many comparable high end speakers have you heard or auditioned. Forget about listening Rainbow Reference, have you ever seen & felt them in real.

We will be happy if you don't post here based on your opinions, post what you have experienced .
Old 21st April 2008, 14:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
How can you pass such a statement without any experience with the product. How many comparable high end speakers have you heard or auditioned. Forget about listening Rainbow Reference, have you ever seen & felt them in real.

We will be happy if you don't post here based on your opinions, post what you have experienced .
I have auditioned good brands like Illusion, DLS, Rainbow, Dynaudio, and many more, how does it matters. I don't think even after listing the Reference set I will change my views. Bro it costs 6500 pound (approx 500k)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3999.html

Right now I am not such a big nut that I buy them. How will they sound nearly the same as the other premium brand speakers. This set is like a states symbol nothing else. If I have lots of money to waste I would surely buy it otherwise you know my answer. Now tell me do I need to audiotion them.

And Please remember this answer is from a person who has spend nearly 400-500k on his car and still growing.

This will be the only reply I don't want any debate on this. As I dont think anyone on this forum will every buy these.

OT:- JB how many Audison Thesis amp have you sold in India ?
Old 21st April 2008, 14:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I have auditioned good brands like Illusion, DLS, Rainbow, Dynaudio, and many more, how does it matters. I don't think even after listing the Reference set I will change my views.
Didnt know "listing" stuff gave you insight on how they sound,. very well must try it,
1. Jessica Alba
2. Beyonce
3. Scarlett Johanson
4. Lindsay Lohan

Oh yes, it work... i am beginning to understand how they "sound" now just by "listing" them,, thank you o enlightened one
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks