Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2008, 03:10   #1
BHPian

Illusion Audio (where are they made)

Yaar Yayaati, the packing is saying designed and enginered in usa, where is this illsuion made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2008 at 23:35. Reason: Please avoid using punctuation marks in multiples (,,,)
Old 20th April 2008, 04:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
Yaar Yayaati,,, the packing is saying designed and enginered in usa,,, where is this illsuion made?
How does it matter from where it is made. It maybe china, Mexico, Taiwan, malyasia or even India .
Old 20th April 2008, 07:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Yaar Yayaati,,, the packing is saying designed and enginered in usa,,, where is this illsuion made?
Ummm....I think B&T had mentioned it sometime earlier that it was made in Mumbai, just like Audiobahn. But as long as the materials are good, quality control is good, the product should be good, regardless of where it is made. I do remember reading a lot of good illusion reviews here.

Kinda like Bull Audio. Designed, Engineered and Quality controlled By Rainbow Audio, Germany. But production is in China. So same logic like above.
China/India are'nt too bad at churning out stuff. We do tend to enjoy most of the brand names heard on the forums that are being produced in these low cost countries.
But yes, I must admit. The charm of using a product totally made by parent company in places like USA/Germany/Italy/UK/(any other developed economy) etc. is nice!

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 20th April 2008 at 07:45.
Old 20th April 2008, 08:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't you know (as a retailer) many of the brands available in the market today come signed with that line? And how does manufacturing location affect product performance? Whats your point here? I know you represent many other brands except Illusion Audio. Do you intend to defame the brand or something?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/173662-post342.html

@ Scaryskulls, very well put.
Old 20th April 2008, 08:26   #5
BHPian

Moralfibre, Driven asked a very simple and legit question. If somebody knows they can answer. If not, even then it's ok.

What's with this passive-aggressiveness dude?? You are quoting a 3 year old post by Driven!?! What's your point?
Old 20th April 2008, 08:38   #6
BHPian

India ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Ummm....I think B&T had mentioned it sometime earlier that it was made in Mumbai, just like Audiobahn.
This is news to me;

I never knew Audiobahn was made in India.

I was under the impression that MTX was made here. I remember reading it on one of the amps I had purchased.

Where ever Audiogahn is made, the amplifier chassis has a nice fit and finish, but the sound quality is very very average. That is why I have so many for sale...........
Old 20th April 2008, 13:13   #7
BHPian

No,,, Im not related to the car audio in any way,,, i have not been in this business for about a year now,,, and have no bias to anyone in this business,,, im an end user just like you guys,,,, I asked simply because whenever some compnay uses this line its hiding something,,, i find it very strange,,, and from what I know of Illusion which isnt much, I dont seen them anywhere else in Asia, Australia, Middle East or Eurpoe,,, Lagta hai yahan hi bante hain, yahan hi bikte hain,,, Dont take it personaly bro its just an observation,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Don't you know (as a retailer) many of the brands available in the market today come signed with that line? And how does manufacturing location affect product performance? Whats your point here? I know you represent many other brands except Illusion Audio. Do you intend to defame the brand or something?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/173662-post342.html

@ Scaryskulls, very well put.
Note from Mod - Please avoid using punctuation marks in multiples (,,,)

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2008 at 23:35. Reason: Please avoid using punctuation marks in multiples (,,,)
Old 20th April 2008, 14:30   #8
BHPian

May be true !!!

Quote:
from what I know of Illusion which isnt much, I dont seen them anywhere else in Asia, Australia, Middle East or Eurpoe,,, Lagta hai yahan hi bante hain, yahan hi bikte hain,,, Dont take it personaly bro its just an observation,,
You may know your facts;
I cannot dispute it. However some links.

diyAudio Forums Archive - illusion audio nd-12 and infinity beta 300

::* i l l u s i o n** a u d i o* ::

Mobile Dynamics car stereo and security school phoenix links

Illusion Audio Nd-15

FS: Illusion Audio 5.1 Carbon Series Speakers - DTM Power BMW Message Board Forum

There are many more - I just do not want to clutter up the place.

I was under the impression that Illusion Audio was a company founded by Mr. Gary Cristie in Phoenix Arizona. But I am not sure. I am sure B & T will have details.
Best we ask him.

Thanks for your time & patience.

Old 20th April 2008, 14:36   #9
BHPian

Quote:

so what's the problem?

it's already written that it's engineered in USA not made in USA !!!

I am using apple Iphone which is designed in California but made in china!! and i think apple is one of the most best IT company all over the world.

It's the company R&D office can be there(USA) and the outsource will be of china's/ India's company .

So i think this thing is cleared up now!
Old 20th April 2008, 14:42   #10
JPL
BHPian

May be true !!!

one more link

Illusion Audio - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com
Old 20th April 2008, 15:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post

"Illusion Audio speakers are handcrafted using carefully chosen components from the finest acoustic materials to delivery the highest fidelity sound"

Old site still being continued unchanged or is it really Hand made in Mumbai also?
How good is "Hand Made" quality in India for things like speakers?
Old 20th April 2008, 15:16   #12
BHPian

this guy, a close friend of Gary Cristie has something else to say on another forum,,, he says there is no operation in USA,,, Illusion site has no contact details of USAElite Car Audio : Car Audio Forum - illusion audio

kuch toh gadbad hai bhai,,, Im all for Indian quality yaar,,, why not just say designed enginered and made in india,,, be indian buy indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
You may know your facts;
I cannot dispute it. However some links.

diyAudio Forums Archive - illusion audio nd-12 and infinity beta 300

::* i l l u s i o n** a u d i o* ::

Mobile Dynamics car stereo and security school phoenix links

Illusion Audio Nd-15

FS: Illusion Audio 5.1 Carbon Series Speakers - DTM Power BMW Message Board Forum

There are many more - I just do not want to clutter up the place.

I was under the impression that Illusion Audio was a company founded by Mr. Gary Cristie in Phoenix Arizona. But I am not sure. I am sure B & T will have details.
Best we ask him.

Thanks for your time & patience.

Quote:
so what's the problem?

I am using apple Iphone which is designed in California but made in china!! and i think apple is one of the most best IT company all over the world.

It's the company R&D office can be there(USA) and the outsource will be of china's/ India's company .

Old 20th April 2008, 15:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am good in taking photo`s

Illusion Audio (where are they made)-horn.jpg

Higher resolution is available on request.

PS:- photo shop is not used only Microsoft Xp power toy image resizer

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 20th April 2008 at 15:25.
Old 20th April 2008, 15:29   #14
BHPian

CH-1's are no longer in production. And the also Illusion used to outsource the horn driver.
Old 20th April 2008, 15:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
so what's the problem?

Did he say there is a problem? he is just asking.

most of us know where most of the stuff is made.

I think the r&d is in india too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks