Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 14:39   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I have auditioned good brands like Illusion, DLS, Rainbow, Dynaudio, and many more, how does it matters. I don't think even after listing the Reference set I will change my views. Bro it costs 6500 pound (approx 500k)
Good for you that you have experience. Please post you opinion about the rainbow products you have auditioned. Don't try and judge performance of S Class based on driving C Class.

Quote:
Right now I am not such a big nut that I buy them. How will they sound nearly the same as the other premium brand speakers.
For your knowledge no two speakers sound alike in the audio world even if they are from different series of the same manufacturer. I wonder what makes you write the above statement.

Quote:
This set is like a states symbol nothing else. If I have lots of money to waste I would surely buy it otherwise you know my answer.
LBM..."Angoor Khatte Hain"

Quote:
And Please remember this answer is from a person who has spend nearly 400-500k on his car and still growing.
Still does not justify your statement. Please pass on the views/opinions after auditioning the product.

Quote:
This will be the only reply I don't want any debate on this. As I dont think anyone on this forum will every buy these.
People on this forums apart from a very few priveleged ones cannot buy Buggati's, Rolls Royces, Ferraris, Lamborghini's etc. that does not mean that they are not discussed among majority of people on this foum.

Quote:
OT:- JB how many Audison Thesis amp have you sold in India ?
None. Thats why you will never find my views / listening impression about Thesis on this forum.
Old 21st April 2008, 15:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

High-end audio stuff is as crazy a conundrum like the proverbial "Dilli ka laddu"!!!

- One can't believe magazine reviews, because they are hardly unbiased
- Stuff like that is not available for auditioning. For that matter, many of the brands are not - even at far lesser price points
- However good or bad a product might be, there are more wordsmiths associated with the product than real users who share their experiences
- Even if one has the money & urge to splurge, in the absence of auditioning selection can only be due to word-of-mouth or simply accepting marketing claims. Of course, company reputation (pieces sold) can shorten the selection procedure - "believability"!

There must be a better way of resolving this conundrum (and the associated 'religious' discussions). Right, @autophile, @LBM?
Old 21st April 2008, 15:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
High-end audio stuff is as crazy a conundrum like the proverbial "Dilli ka laddu"!!!

- One can't believe magazine reviews, because they are hardly unbiased
- Stuff like that is not available for auditioning. For that matter, many of the brands are not - even at far lesser price points
- However good or bad a product might be, there are more wordsmiths associated with the product than real users who share their experiences
- Even if one has the money & urge to splurge, in the absence of auditioning selection can only be due to word-of-mouth or simply accepting marketing claims. Of course, company reputation (pieces sold) can shorten the selection procedure - "believability"!

There must be a better way of resolving this conundrum (and the associated 'religious' discussions). Right, @autophile, @LBM?
I agree to all of the above. I am just telling fellow member to post his views based on real experiences rather than biased opinions. Thats it !
Old 21st April 2008, 15:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
They may be very good one but I don't feel them worth that kinda money

LBM you shoudl know by now that money spent on audio is not always directly proportianate to what you get for that extra dollar..
So to differentiate between a 600 dollar and 6000 dollar equipment ..you DO need to hear suitable music and you DO need good ears for them...for example Puff daddy IMO would be a total waste on a pair of say ..Dynaudio Confidence .. I Do hope you can get my point im making.
Old 21st April 2008, 15:31   #35
BHPian

Illusion Audio (where are they made)

Hi Guys,

One of my friend bought Illusion audio for his santro and the thread is in Sound Off and Show Off (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...usionized.html), but the thread is now less about the install but more about the Origin and Manufacturing of the product.

Please feel free to post all your queries here about the product and gurus get ready for replies.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Puff daddy IMO would be a total waste on a pair of say ..Dynaudio Confidence .. I Do hope you can get my point im making.

Bro I no fan of any rap singer so stop quoting any. Maybe Puffy is using Dynaudio Evidence Series.

Music is Music whether it is chamkeela or Dina Krell. So posting comments like you have done as it does make any sense.

Having heard quite a few high end equipment myself I also agree that the difference is quite less but they differ. But then again it is brand value which makes the price factor not the equipment.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Bro I no fan of any rap singer so stop quoting any. Maybe Puffy is using Dynaudio Evidence Series.
It so happens that last couple of times I have seen you car playing music which belongs to Hip Hop genre.

Quote:
Music is Music whether it is chamkeela or Dina Krell. So posting comments like you have done as it does make any sense.
There is a huge difference between the two.
However Chamkeela was never appreciated by music lovers and can never be, he has zero credentials in history of Punjabi Music & Culture. He was known for his songs which were basically full of dirty & explicit lyrics and is generally appreciated by the people who are interested in listening to that stuff.

By the way its Diana Krall not Dina Krell.

Quote:
Having heard quite a few high end equipment myself I also agree that the difference is quite less but they differ. But then again it is brand value which makes the price factor not the equipment.
There is a huge difference beween high end components when compared. Nowhere in high end audio price of a component is decided according to brand.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
I agree to all of the above....
Tchah! I thought you (with access to such stuff and the experience to go with it) will suggest an easier way - like "let's have an ICE 'exposition' in the next meet" (no, not shootout - that is there aplenty in Delhi) where the others can be educated on the finer points!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
...you DO need to hear suitable music and you DO need good ears for them...for example Puff daddy IMO would be a total waste on a pair of say ..Dynaudio Confidence .. I Do hope you can get my point im making.
Hope he does - that way he could have ended his quest at Pioneer long time back; according to the Delhiwalas and the Moradabadis he listens only to Chamkila! Oh man, then I will need at least 4 different sets of ICE equipment - one each for Blues, Jazz, Classical, and Pop. Or am I understanding it incorrectly?

Seriously, is one born with good ears? Or is it possible to acquire that skill? Or is it a skill at all?
Old 21st April 2008, 16:24   #39
BHPian

Quote:

IMO, different genres of music sound better on certain speakers. There isn't any ONE speaker that'll make ALL music sound good. In that sense, what sk456 says makes perfect sense. What's good for hip-hop certainly isn't the best for a flute solo.
Making comments about ANYTHING without having experienced it firsthand is immature to say the least; it's called judging a book by its cover. Whether you change your opinion or not is an entirely different matter; how you form one is quite important.

Last edited by vikram18 : 21st April 2008 at 16:43.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Seriously, is one born with good ears? Or is it possible to acquire that skill? Or is it a skill at all?
Listening to high end is like tasting finest wines or appreciating good art.

No point if your senses are not capable enough or you yourself don't know what are you looking for. All of this comes with years of experience and exposure to variety of the stuff.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:33   #41
BHPian

l_b_m you cant assume the tonal quality of any speaker just by lookin at the specs.you need to audition them.how can you comment about a product which you havent heard??
yes music is music but theirs sumthin called recording quality.will you ever tune your system using reference cds by kumar sanu or altaf raja.
yes,it is brand value which makes the price factor bit it TAKES SUMTHIN to MAKE that brand value.only a moron will buy speakers worth few lacs even if they sound crappy.
remember quality comes at a price!!!
Old 21st April 2008, 16:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
l_b_m you cant assume the tonal quality of any speaker just by lookin at the specs.you need to audition them.how can you comment about a product which you havent heard??
yes music is music but theirs sumthin called recording quality.will you ever tune your system using reference cds by kumar sanu or altaf raja.
yes,it is brand value which makes the price factor bit it TAKES SUMTHIN to MAKE that brand value.only a moron will buy speakers worth few lacs even if they sound crappy.
remember quality comes at a price!!!
Wah wah! Mogambo Khush Hua! So there is nothing wrong with the water spply in Fbad, there are some logical people too...
Driven is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st April 2008, 16:50   #43
BHPian

driven thank you for your LOGICAL judjement

Last edited by zucchero : 21st April 2008 at 16:54.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
how can you comment about a product which you havent heard??
Zucchero bhai, anything other than Illusion/GZ just does not measure up to apne LBM's chamkeela taste. If I am not wrong, you have asked this question umpteen number of times to LBM but have not gotten any response each time.

The original intent of this thread perhaps was to find out where Illusion products are made. It is quite evident from B&T's post that they are "partially/wholly made assembled in India".

One question though, no matter how good or bad a product is, why do companies resort to these measures. I guess this gives leeway to retailers to brag " Dekho bhai, amreekan maal hai. Top class ekdum" " Vaise banta yahaan Panvel/Patparganj mein hai, par hai amreekan"

rev_hard
Old 21st April 2008, 16:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thread Closed

HI All,

I don't think this thread is headed to any positive outcome.

So far the logical questions are given illogical answers & vice versa.

In order to prevent this thread getting converted into a bigger mess, I am closing this thread.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed