Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 16:54   #16
BANNED

Congrats Amit. We were always waiting for this after your R&D and so many threads here.
The ultimate in any ICE setup is the satisfaction one gains from it. And you've reached it. So, forget all those happened in the past. And enjoy your ICE to the max!
Old 27th April 2008, 17:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Nice Install !!

Any particular reason for not fitting the grills on those electra drivers ?
i am going to fit it within a couple of days. the dealer forgot to get the grills from the distributor which come in different packing. i cannot stay without the grill. the drivers get kicked now and then.
Old 27th April 2008, 17:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Kyun bhai LBM, JBL ke liye no congrats kya? Only for Illusion and GZ?
SAM sir JBL is the heart of my system. the best thing i got before it was discontinued. it was the perfect amp suited for my system suggested by ajay. i didnt even give a second thought over it and grabbed the amp within 15 minutes. 15 min required to withdraw 10k from ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Congrats Amit. We were always waiting for this after your R&D and so many threads here.
The ultimate in any ICE setup is the satisfaction one gains from it. And you've reached it. So, forget all those happened in the past. And enjoy your ICE to the max!
thanks a lot zak sir, yours was the first alto i saw fitted with compos in the door. before that i was always under the impression that i cant fit 6.5" in alto. my next upgrade will be the power windows as its not so easy to turn the handle as it used to be before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
congratulation,nice set up dude.
I have the same question as aditya does and also why crossovers are fitted there?
i think if i put the crossovers over the doors then during rainy season water drops might enter the crossovers. the crossovers have no covers from the sides. also i thought the door would have looked filled over with GIZMOS

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th April 2008 at 14:35. Reason: ples use Multiquote & edit instead of making back to back posts
Old 27th April 2008, 17:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

hey amit what wiring/cabling did you use?
Old 27th April 2008, 22:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
hey amit what wiring/cabling did you use?
for compos i have used illusion OFC : 2 kits
for Rear : Some blue RCA (forgot the name) i think BOSS
for Front: Some blue RCA (forgot the name) but better than boss
for SUB : soundstream RCA with gold plated metal connectors.

Battery and ground: finolex 8 gauge + some other good brand which comes in bundles with the dealer. i have used 2 different battery wires from the battery directly to the amp as the distribution block was not available.
i dont remember the costs of all as i have changed them many times in due R&D process.

soon i will be upgrading to Monster cabling and kicker/monster RCA.
Old 28th April 2008, 01:44   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The car does sound good. The installation was done nicely. Maybe he does it well for good people, and that explains all of MF's miseries. muuhahahahah. Plus the 75.4 is the icing on the cake. Speakers are lucky to get the healthy 100 watts at the price.

Waah waah, chal abhi customer khush hua. Well I think, Mani (referred to as Moni by Amit previously) has done a good job. I did tell Amit that it was a gamble and it indeed came out good. Congrats on a nice setup. Just clear up the wiring around the amps with cable ties and all that and you are set to go. Don't miss on damping. Ajay must have already shown you the Carbons?
Old 28th April 2008, 10:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Waah waah, chal abhi customer khush hua. Well I think, Mani (referred to as Moni by Amit previously) has done a good job. I did tell Amit that it was a gamble and it indeed came out good. Congrats on a nice setup. Just clear up the wiring around the amps with cable ties and all that and you are set to go. Don't miss on damping. Ajay must have already shown you the Carbons?
ya i need to do the damping especially on the left door. the right door doesnt rattle at all. i dont know the reason though. the left door rattling sounds like the metal rods connecting the door release knob and the mechanism rattles. the fibre doesnt rattle. the rattling is at high volumes and heavy bass only.
Karim had some goa made damping. so i didnt ask him to put it. i will go for noise kill. ya indeed it was a gamble. but I dint allow karim to peep in.
Mani and i cut the trims together. i was with him during the whole time in the hot scorchin sun for 4 hours. so the things went right.
also i got the bills and the warranty cards right, for illusion as well as the amp, thanks to your advice
Old 28th April 2008, 10:42   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
ya i need to do the damping especially on the left door. the right door doesnt rattle at all. i dont know the reason though. the left door rattling sounds like the metal rods connecting the door release knob and the mechanism rattles. the fibre doesnt rattle. the rattling is at high volumes and heavy bass only.
damping solves 3 issues
1. rattling
2. resonances
3. road noise
Old 28th April 2008, 10:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
damping solves 3 issues
1. rattling
2. resonances
3. road noise
Navin sirji, Good morning !!
which all places do i have to damp. the places just surrounding the driver or the whole sheet metal?
Secondly do i have to put the damping material on the sheet metal or the fibre?
Old 28th April 2008, 11:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats!! Nice choice of equipment Iv got a similar setup but a little more basic. Running Illusion fronts / GZ Mk2 Rear all being orchestrated by the 75.4

Regarding damping, we have a discussion going here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...hlight=damping

A whole bunch of damping has gone into my car but now I need to tackle some specific plastic bits which dance to the bass.

Enjoy!!
Old 28th April 2008, 11:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hey congrats!! Nice choice of equipment Iv got a similar setup but a little more basic. Running Illusion fronts / GZ Mk2 Rear all being orchestrated by the 75.4

Regarding damping, we have a discussion going here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...hlight=damping

A whole bunch of damping has gone into my car but now I need to tackle some specific plastic bits which dance to the bass.

Enjoy!!
the trick which i think clicked for me was that i got the window regulator assembly, which rattles, changed within warranty before fitting compos, and i screwed the fibre tightly to the sheet metal along with the spacers.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 28th April 2008 at 12:01.
Old 28th April 2008, 12:13   #27
BHPian

Guys, my alto rattles worse than a rattlesnake with sub playing even at moderate volumes. I'm not using any speakers at front right now. Rear 6x9 and 12" sub are gto 75.4 powered.

For the above setup which is the best place to damp to get max results with min investment ??
Old 28th April 2008, 12:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
Guys, my alto rattles worse than a rattlesnake with sub playing even at moderate volumes. I'm not using any speakers at front right now. Rear 6x9 and 12" sub are gto 75.4 powered.

For the above setup which is the best place to damp to get max results with min investment ??
the boot rattle is easy to tackle. do one thing first fire ur sub to decent volumes, and get back to the rear seats and carefully observe what rattles. u will find the lid/cover/cardboard/woodsheet that covers your locks rattles the most. secondly the tail lamp cover over the rear window doest have screws. it has bud type locks which rattles the most. open the cover, tighten the screws and put a rubber packing and close the cover. PM me i will give u my no.
Old 28th April 2008, 14:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I need to tackle some specific plastic bits which dance to the bass.
My my! How many things do you have dancing, moonwalking and crotch-grabbing in your car?
Old 28th April 2008, 14:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
My my! How many things do you have dancing, moonwalking and crotch-grabbing in your car?
i think his plastics are liking the bass more than he does. they feel like dancing over the tunes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks