Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 13:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hey Congrats,
Where's the shop in chennai?
upload some photo's of Front components and after installed things.
Where is the tweeter and crossover placed ?
give me the price for each elements
Sorry man, no pics of the front components. The were installed before the pics could be taken. The crossovers are stuck to the inside of the door frame using a double-sided tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Congratulations on the fine equipment and install, praveen, u lucky fella.
I was amazed by the SQ during the audition yesterday. The same 507 sounded worse in my ikon. I realised the JBL 75.4 amp has made the difference,after all. And the rears blend in pretty well and the sub sure completes the spectrum.
I think this is a pretty well rounded setup. I would recommend this all JBL ,VFM setup anyday.
If it had not been for you, i would have ended up paying more and getting some crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Congratulations Praveen, you sound really really happy. That's what counts more than anything else.

One small query, I see you've mounted the rear 6X9 from underneath. I guess the Fiesta stock location is 5X7. What did you do about the opening being smaller than the speaker?
Yeah sam, you are right, The ultimate thing is the satisfaction we get out of it. The amount spent doesnt matter.

Frankly, I didnt do anything about the size. Just mounted using a spacer i think. I'll check it and post. I drive 99% of the time and the rears are just for the fill. Now that you mention it, do you feel the woofer movement will get restricted due to the size mismatch?? I didnt think about this till now. Even the installer said he was not happy with this mounting and asked to come back and get it mounted from the top if I felt the need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionSwords View Post
Praveen, I wonder how it sounds with the 6x9 and the Sub near each other.
Would this do justice to the Sub at all? Wonder wonder wonder!! have to check it out soon, lets listen to it, next time we meet, soon haan?

It was a long damn hot day and spirit for good ICE kept us hanging around! No shelters, on the road, out of the city lol what a place to get ICEd man!!

Damn I had to leave early, [curse family functions]
I dont hear the rear 6x9 from the front seats. I'll have to check how it sounds from the rear. I dont see how the sub and the rears will interfere with each other. Since the HU's HPF is set at 80Hz, they should be playing without much overlap.

But hey, from the front I hear the front compos and the sub. also in hatches they have to be placed even closer. Maybe you can listen to it and give your comments

Where we get the ICE done is not the matter, how well we get it done is what matters [Wink!!] hehe.
Old 12th May 2008, 13:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
do you feel the woofer movement will get restricted due to the size mismatch?? I didnt think about this till now. Even the installer said he was not happy with this mounting and asked to come back and get it mounted from the top if I felt the need.
He is right. I would be more comfortable with the speakers mounted on the upper deck with a spacer for diameter correction.
Old 14th May 2008, 13:10   #18
BHPian

The Spirit!

Quote:
Where we get the ICE done is not the matter, how well we get it done is what matters [Wink!!] hehe.

Sure thing, I was just exclaiming and telling other fellas our spirit to get good ICE done!
Old 14th May 2008, 13:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

do post where the installer is located, will be of use to other bhpians
Old 14th May 2008, 13:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Installer is a GP road guy. Works for a shop. And does "freelance" installs for Team-BHPians.
Old 14th May 2008, 14:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats praveen. Would love to listen to this sometime, although i must say the 2 completely JBL installs i have heard so far didn't sound great (probably my ears) even though a lot of money was spent on them.
As long as you are happy, that is all that matters.
Old 14th May 2008, 14:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Praveen, thats one Neat Install

Nice to see the 75.4, it seems they are still available with installers.
Old 14th May 2008, 20:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Sure thing, I was just exclaiming and telling other fellas our spirit to get good ICE done!
Yeah man, it sure does require good spirit to venture out so far in the hot sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
do post where the installer is located, will be of use to other bhpians
As nitrous said, he works for a shop in GP road, and he also freelances. If you want his details PM me, i'll let you know. What happened to your alternator whine?? gone away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats praveen. Would love to listen to this sometime, although i must say the 2 completely JBL installs i have heard so far didn't sound great (probably my ears) even though a lot of money was spent on them.
As long as you are happy, that is all that matters.
Hmmm.. if i remember correctly (from the ECR off-road meet a couple of months back) you have illusions right?? Maybe your ears are tuned to that. Audition for sure, maybe in the next chennai Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats Praveen, thats one Neat Install

Nice to see the 75.4, it seems they are still available with installers.
Thanks man, Yeah some 75.4's are still available, But I got mine with nitrous's help (home delivery hehe) from a different shop and the install was done in installer's home.
Old 15th May 2008, 18:11   #24

Praveen, that's a top notch job for INR35k. Very clean & neat, quality amp & speakers. Would love to audition
Old 17th May 2008, 10:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniil View Post
Praveen, that's a top notch job for INR35k. Very clean & neat, quality amp & speakers. Would love to audition
Thanks mate . You can have an audition if you can sponsor a trip for me and my car to London hehe!!

Gurus, now that the audio is setup, i am slowly trying out tweaking with the settings to get the kind of sound I want. I'm pretty happy with it right now, but would like to try out different settings and see how different it sounds.

Typically I hear songs at low-medium volumes( around 15-20 in the PIO4050) and like the bass kicking a little higher in low volumes. So is it ok that I keep the gain of the front compos as it is and increase the gain of the sub channels in the amp, or should i lower the gain of front compos and have the gain of the sub channel as it is??

Also, the PIO HU has the frequency and the Q factor settings. Something like
High 1Khz: Q1N
Low 80Hz:Q2W
and so on. All i understand is that the N stands for narrow and W for wide. I tried tweaking with these settings but found very little difference to the sound output and there are so many combinations. I need a little help in understanding these settings and what will be the typical values for the mids,highs and lows??
Old 17th May 2008, 20:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Very neat setup Praveen !!

OT - I heard the Fiesta top models Audio System also and found it to be quite decent.
Old 17th May 2008, 23:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Very neat setup Praveen !!

OT - I heard the Fiesta top models Audio System also and found it to be quite decent.
Yes mate, the installer did a good job!! Yes the Top model's audio is quite decent for the average listerner, but for audiophiles like us, we always need that extra

I think this is not the appropriate thread to discuss HU settings tweaking. I'll re-post the question again in the Fiesta audio thread.
Old 11th December 2008, 21:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Okay let me put it the other way then, do you need the 6x9 at all? how does it sound? Would a 6" Coaxial on the rear doors not be better? than the 6x9ers?
frankly curious to know.would it make any difference??

Quote:
Frankly, I didnt do anything about the size. Just mounted using a spacer i think. I'll check it and post. I drive 99% of the time and the rears are just for the fill. Now that you mention it, do you feel the woofer movement will get restricted due to the size mismatch?? I didnt think about this till now. Even the installer said he was not happy with this mounting and asked to come back and get it mounted from the top if I felt the need.
what can be done about the mismatch?
and one more thing,would it sound in very low quality if it were just the components and 6x9" at the tray??with no sub or amp !!
Old 13th December 2008, 13:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
what can be done about the mismatch?
and one more thing,would it sound in very low quality if it were just the components and 6x9" at the tray??with no sub or amp !!
The speakers can be mounted from the top with the use of MDF spacers, i'm going to try that on my vehicle soon. Without the amp & sub you would missing the bass and loudness, as they get all the power from the HU only.
Old 13th December 2008, 19:04   #30
BHPian

Nice install, Good equipment. Enjoy the setup to the fullest. Any damping?

Most Viewed