Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2008, 13:48   #31
BHPian

There is a thread, with pictures, on TBHP on fake JBL wiring kits. You could take a look at that.
I think the gurus will recommend installing the crossovers in the kickpanels, if possible & not in the doors as you wouldn't want to get them wet.
Old 29th June 2008, 16:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
There is a thread, with pictures, on TBHP on fake JBL wiring kits. You could take a look at that.
I think the gurus will recommend installing the crossovers in the kickpanels, if possible & not in the doors as you wouldn't want to get them wet.
Thanks again Nura
I have already pm-ed you.I will definitely go through that thread you are suggesting and check out fake JBLs.Waiting for gurus to let me know about proper installation place for crossovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Afaik, having the crossover near the speakers doesnt effect. My crossover is almost behind my speaker in my zen. And i got my JBL607 components for 5.2k with B&W. So I think, you can try to hit it with more discount as he is an old known installer to you.
Thanks furioussphinx.I will definitely try to haggle with my vendor.He recently I have noticed is asking for a much higher price of almost everything! Would have another round with him when I can.
Old 5th July 2008, 01:27   #33
BHPian

No suggestions from the Gurus yet!I think mods must shift this thread to 'Ask the Gurus' section to help me out!!

I am yet to finalise on anything cause I am yet to listen to nice ICE set-ups from Kolkata TBHP members.I am waiting earnestly for the July Kolkata TBHP meet.Hopefully I would have some nice ICE demos then.Also waiting for ICE demos from shuvd and shuvc.

Shuvc has almost the same configuration in his car which has been suggested to me from Bass & Trouble.I am also waiting for Gunbir bhai's reply regarding Bull Audio and other related suggestions.

The wait is killing as I am roaming with no music in my car for more than a month now.

Any help or suggestions from anybody is most welcome.
Old 6th July 2008, 20:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
...The wait is killing as I am roaming with no music in my car for more than a month now.

Any help or suggestions from anybody is most welcome.
Buy a transistor radio (with FM) in the meantime. After you get your ICE, you can donate it to your friendly neighborhood paanwala or your compounder!

Just joking, UC! Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai, doctor-saab, first complete your ICEbride-searching expedition!
Old 9th July 2008, 10:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
After you get your ICE, you can donate it to your friendly neighborhood paanwala or your compounder!
Will give it to my better half later,she was asking for one

Quote:
Just joking, UC! Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai, doctor-saab, first complete your ICEbride-searching expedition!
I know DerAlte ji,I am on the lookout.Just waiting for the Kolkata July meet to hear some nice ICE demo.
Old 15th July 2008, 22:46   #36
BHPian

These are the quotes I got today from a reputed store in Kolkata:

(I just want to ratify this list with the ICE Gurus)

HU : Pioneer 4050UB - Rs 6700
Pioneer 5050UB - Rs 7800 (both grey)

Amp : JBL GTO 1004 - Rs 11,250
JBL 301.1 - Rs 10,000

Front Compo: JBL 607c - Rs 5000

Rear Coaxes: JBL 6" - Rs 2000 ( dont know which model)

Damping: 2 front doors(full) - Rs 3000
Only speaker area - Rs 1200

Noise Reducer Paste for Rear Boot - Rs 2500

Wiring - Rs 3000

JBL Sub in enclosure - Rs 6500 ( dont know which model)

Alternatively

HU : Same

Kicker Front compos: Rs 7000
Kicker 6x9s : Rs 7000
Kicker coaxes : Rs 5000

Amp: Kicker 4 channel : Rs 10000
Kicker Mono : Rs 10000

Sub: Kicker sub with enclosure - Rs 10000

Now what do I do? Would going with 'top-to-bottom' Kicker be a better option for me or should I stick with JBLs? Would going with JBL Power series be a better option than Kicker,but they have a steep price.

Please help me out.

Thanks
Old 16th July 2008, 08:42   #37
BHPian

Hey champ, the HU prices are on the higher side i got a 5050 some six months back and then i paid 6500 for the same. Should be little cheaper now.
I would personally suggest don't go for Kicker, they are not VFM listen to both the setups and only then decide if you want to go for Kicker.
There are many people here on the forum who can vouch for JBL!!
All the best.

BTW what is this dampening paste/gel??
Old 16th July 2008, 15:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
... BTW what is this dampening paste/gel??
A material (e.g. Fonogel) which can be applied with a brush or sprayed on, and hardens to form a damping layer on any surface.

Ultimate-dada, what was your criteria for selecting the gel, as compared to conventional nitrile rubber based sheets and cc-foam etc.?
Old 16th July 2008, 16:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
A material (e.g. Fonogel) which can be applied with a brush or sprayed on, and hardens to form a damping layer on any surface.

Ultimate-dada, what was your criteria for selecting the gel, as compared to conventional nitrile rubber based sheets and cc-foam etc.?

DerAlte Ji, are you talking about our dear old Noise-kill/Dynamat? If not,then I have no clue what these 'conventional nitrile rubber based sheets and c-foam' thingy are?

I was going for the Fonogel because I was suggested that these are good!!

PS:I even did a Google search for the substance.No luck!
Old 17th July 2008, 14:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I meant Noisekill / Dynamat. cc-foam = Closed Cell Foam (sorry for not expanding earlier). They are not equivalent, and usage is different. The conventional damping sheets are glued on. Closed cell foam is generally used wherever it can be stuffed between two layers.

Fonogel is also not bad. Compared to damping sheets it is more effective when there are complicated contours to be damped, and can be sprayed on (time & effort saving).

Do compare the cost-effectiveness too (cost per sq.foot).
Old 17th July 2008, 22:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Do compare the cost-effectiveness too (cost per sq.foot).
I will definitely Sir ji,thanks.
Actually the Fonogel comes in a sealed container.One have to get the whole container.But I think I will not use it for the front doors.It would be for the rear hatch and other allied parts.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:16   #42
BHPian

hey champ, just curious..how much does a fonogel's can cost and where is it available. I feel it can be used to minimise the door rattling for the rear doors without going for the full dampening.
What do you suggest gurus??
Old 18th July 2008, 11:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Just curious, can Fonogel be used as a substitute for NoiseKill even on front doors?
Old 18th July 2008, 12:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
... I feel it can be used to minimise the door rattling for the rear doors without going for the full dampening. ...
Damping the "rattling" will require you to stay down anything (cables, connectors, number plate, bushes, plastic parts etc.) with some appropriate stuffing (closed cell foam or cotton waste) and adhesive tape (double-sided for the number plate). Damping by damping sheets or Fonogel will not make the basic problem go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Just curious, can Fonogel be used as a substitute for NoiseKill even on front doors?
For the outermost panel, yes, maybe with multiple coats. I don't have personal experience with the gel, but it is unlikely to form a thick enough coat with a single application. For the panel holding the speaker (inner metal panel or door pad, as the case maybe), one would need something heavier / denser.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
In fact door locations are your best bet.
I dont know what the stock locations in the Estilo are but since you sit in the front you should consider putting good component speakers in the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
What are the stock location sizes in the Estilo doors? What size will fit without any cutting?

These are the stock locations for the Zen Estilo :
Attached Thumbnails
ICE for Zen Estilo-29062008090.jpg  

ICE for Zen Estilo-29062008091.jpg  

ICE for Zen Estilo-29062008092.jpg  

ICE for Zen Estilo-29062008093.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks