Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 17:26   #61
BHPian

Nitin: Yes, I was also having the same thought. But this being a Marine Amp, will help the from elements during rain and other season. Thats the reason I was looking at Pyle.

Navin: It would be basically to Drive the Inifinity Marine 3X9 Ovals and may be a 10" Amp in bridged mode.

DerAlte: Yes I was. Since I saw this deal thought it was good. Anyway, I already have the alpine head unit so thought why not. Since Pyle was 50$, I would save a lot cash which I can spend in making Water Proof fibre class encolsures for the Speakers and Sub.

So is the conslusion Pyle amps are not worth it?
Old 30th June 2008, 17:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Nitin: Yes, I was also having the same thought. But this being a Marine Amp, will help the from elements during rain and other season. Thats the reason I was looking at Pyle.

Navin: It would be basically to Drive the Inifinity Marine 3X9 Ovals and may be a 10" Amp in bridged mode.

DerAlte: Yes I was. Since I saw this deal thought it was good. Anyway, I already have the alpine head unit so thought why not. Since Pyle was 50$, I would save a lot cash which I can spend in making Water Proof fibre class encolsures for the Speakers and Sub.

So is the conslusion Pyle amps are not worth it?
How is the Pyle amp "marine grade"? They don't mention it anywhere. I would assume the white paint used makes it more resistant to corrosion, but I doubt there is anything more going on there. The connectors seem the same, no added insulation. I doubt if the internals are any different from the regular Pyle stuff.

I for one say skip it!
Old 30th June 2008, 20:51   #63
BHPian

amps. by pyle, boss, pyramid are really cheap stuff. ive seen almost all of their stuff in the refurbished section. nothing good about them.
if youre on a budget, amps. by lanzar are much more realiable and better, than the other ones. do check them out.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:52   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
I for one say skip it!

Get a nicer amp if you want to drive anything more than a cheap sub.
Old 3rd July 2008, 06:31   #65
BHPian

First and foremost, thanks to everyone. I have finalized my setup. I bought something I didnt even consider. I liked heard the setup and was nice.

I decided to plunge and buy the subwoofer because we dont get this in India. Amp I can always buy in India and install it near the dash and save it from water splashes but Subs and Speakers had to be Marine not just certified but built for Marine use.

This is what I ordered:

Speakers:
Model: Clarion CMCX7.1
7 inch 2-Way Marine speakers. 75 W RMS
Clarion CMCX7.1 (cmcx71) , Marine Audio Equipment, Marine Audio Speakers - Sonic Electronix
Why:
1. Good price and waterproof comes with rubber coated components with drainage system
2. Thanks to B&T, it has the webbing which will help in cutting of Chennai dirt and dust
3. Ditched the 6X9 and got a Sub so saved 40$ on that which actually helped me get the Sub
4. Heard some nice things about Clarion. But for this is the first time with Clarion.

Subwoofer:
Model: CMSW10.1 10 inch Marine Certified Subwoofer
Clarion CMSW10.1 (cmsw101) , Marine Audio Equipment, Marine Audio Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix
Why:
1. Honestly dont know how it will perform but the specs look good
2. Marine certified and water proof

Now that I have bought these have to buy a good amp, LOL ICE, how true, you start with 10 rs budget and you end up with 150 rs.

Is it worth to get the Amp from US or can we get it in India itself?

Last edited by madbullram : 3rd July 2008 at 06:46.
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:21   #66
BHPian

Any feedback on
JBL Marine MA6004. I am getting a deal for 110$
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:28   #67
nitin.dangayach

Not sure about the AMP but seems like you are really planning to put your in some seriously wet environment.

Man I never thought that we actually need marine speakers in India.

Old 3rd July 2008, 10:13   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is what I ordered:
Now that I have bought these have to buy a good amp
you could get this amp...
Clarion APX480M (apx480m) , Marine Audio Equipment, Marine Audio Amplifiers - Sonic Electronix
and have added these
Metra 81-4300 (met-814300) , Car Installation & Accessories, Speaker Installation, Speaker Baffles - Sonic Electronix

an alternate to the clarion sub (it is bulkier but integrated)
JBL Marine MPS1000 (mps1000) , Marine Audio Equipment, Marine Audio Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

and run the coax speakers from the HU itself

does your vehicle have a 2 DIN slot for the HU
Clarion CMD5 (cmd5) , Marine Audio Equipment, Marine Audio Head Units - Sonic Electronix
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:18   #69
BHPian

Nitin: GF cum Finacee refuses to ride in Jeep till I have the same kind of music setup as in my car Jeep being open top dont wanna risk things. Thats why was keen on Marine and this US trip came at the right time.

Navin:
1. I saw that amp, but my budget is 120$
2. What are the baffles for?
3.Have already bought the Sub. So JBL integrated one is ruled out.
4. HU will be my Alpine one.

Last edited by madbullram : 3rd July 2008 at 10:19.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:23   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. I saw that amp, but my budget is 120$
2. What are the baffles for?.
There is a sony 4 ch. amp for about that price.

the baffles keep the water out of the rear of the speaker.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:25   #71
BHPian

Navin: Thanks. I will talk to them. They dont have baffles for 7 inch ones which I have bough. Will talk to them and see.

I saw Sony but hear people saying Sony uses cheap stuff, thats why was asking about the JBL Marine one JBL Marine MA6004 (ma6004) , Marine Audio Equipment, Marine Audio Amplifiers - Sonic Electronix
Old 3rd July 2008, 22:16   #72
BHPian

The last straw is also done. Bought JBL Marine MA6004 Amplifier. Always loved JBL for the quality so went blind baught the Amp.

Its a 60W RMS per channel, 4 channel AMP. I know I am underpowering my speakers a tad. But I guess it should be fine.

JBL Car & Marine Audio

Old 10th July 2008, 22:59   #73
BHPian

They Arrived, Now Pics

Dear all,
The package finally arrived, whew was getting worried as I am leaving tomorrow. Thanks to DerAlte, B&T, Gunbir, Nilesh, Samurai and a BIG THANKS to Blueraven a.k.a Satya for helping me decide.

I am really happy with the Build Quality of JBL and in special Clarion. Both look rugged. Will start a seperate thread for installation. I would driving the Jeep to Bangalore to Evo (Blueraven) for installation . Yeap gonna drive all the way to Bangy install and return to chennai. I dont trust the Chennai guys with this.

Blue has enough challenge in mind. We have few ideas hopefully we will get there. The installtion focus would be stealth and ensure I dont get robbed.

I am posting the pics for all of our benefit as we dont have many marine pics on TBhp.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-clarion-7inch-coaxials.jpg  

Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-clarion-cmcx-71-marine-coaxial.jpg  

Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-clarion-cmsw101-marine-subwoofer.jpg  

Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-clarion-suvbwoofer.jpg  

Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-jbl-6004-marine-amp.jpg  

Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-jbl-amp.jpg  

Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-jbl-clarion-marion-amp-speakers.jpg  

Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-scosche-e2-amp-kit.jpg  

Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-rca-cables.jpg  

Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5-scosche-e2-8g-amp-kit.jpg  

Last edited by madbullram : 10th July 2008 at 23:06.
Old 11th July 2008, 01:08   #74
BHPian

Mods: Can you please update the thread subject to "Jeep Marine Speakers and Amp setup, Pics updated in pg5"
Old 13th July 2010, 22:42   #75

Need Help in getting Fiber Glass Kit for Jeep JK Wrangler

Hi,

Do you know if someone has a ready kit for Jeep JK Wrangler conversion. Basically, I am looking at a few things in the kit:

1. Front and Rear Fender Flairs
2. Front Fenders
3. Front Grill

I need it for my project of Jeep JK Wrangler conversion and wanted to check if someone has already done it.

Rock Crawler
You own a jeep, only when you make one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks